Thread: TLM (Demo) Bug

Lesser Wizard

After failing miserably a couple times (Nope, I wasn't able to even make it to Day 2), I decided perhaps changing the keys to WASD would help. So I start out, and Bill (mole guy) calls first, and I go over there. When using WASD, my lawnmower would temporarily be out of commission... it would refuse to mow, but it would move over the grass and everything. Sometimes it would work, but then all of a sudden it would stop. There wasn't any problem with the arrow keys, I switched back while it was messing up and it worked fine.

Lesser Wizard

Argh: another bug. It came up with an error box that said "Error (# here) Cannot Draw Preview Graph". I had WinTV open, which might've done something, maybe not.

I did the Mole Lawn, then the Cemetery, Then I went to do Bill's again (dang his grass grows fast), and then it crashed.

I didn't save either, argh,

Exclamation

Ok - the first one isn't exactly a bug.. more of a design oversight. the S key is hardwired to turn on and off your mower. I never really thought about people trying to use FPS style keys with the game.. hmm, makes sense really.

As for the second problem, "Error (# here) Cannot Draw Preview Graph" is a DirectShow error I believe, TLM does not use DirectShow, most likely it was caused by a conflict with WinTV.

You can save your game at any time from the game options menu.

Use the V key to power turn! Makes things easier.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Lesser Knight

Yeah, I just ran into the problem (thanks again seth for the 'push mower' ). I also found a nice flaw in the game. while in the game, hit 'f2' and change you display to full screen and to a resolution higher than it current is. When you go back in it looks as if someone was programming in direct draw and forgot to resize his surface, since i have no experience with direct 3d, I can't help ya, but good luck.
    --WC

Not sure if you saw it in the quick help, but changing resolutions is not officially supported yet - it works fine in the 3d mode (interface items adjust to the new resolution) but in story mode the menus are not stretched to match the new resolution so they stay kind of small leaving you with a blank area.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Talking

I have another bug. All the strings displayed in the game end with a Windows "Character-not-found" rectangle. It doesn't effect gameplay or anything, but it's pretty ugly.

I'm runing WinME.

Talking

Hmm, no I've never heard of this, can you email me a screenshot? Is it possible the Courier New font isn't installed on your system? You're using a US version of ME, right?
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Yes the US version of WinME and the font is installed.

That's very weird.

Unhappy

Yeah that's pretty odd - looks like maybe a unicode handling problem. I'll get back to you if I find a solution, let me know if you find a way to fix it also.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Thumbs up

Will do.

I also had this problem, not only with TLM, but with the Tarzan game you made.

Tarzan and TLM use the same dialog code.

Just in case it's hardware related can you tell me what graphics card and drivers you're using?  Dx version?  

Are you using WinME too?
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Win98SE, DX 8.1, GeForce4 MX 420

I'm having the same problem on my computer. (with the boxes after every line of text) Windows ME, DX 8.1, GEForce256

Same problem with me, the boxes that is. Windows ME, DirectX 8.1b, Riva TNT2. Happens in Tarzan too. Great engine by the way.