Thread: Scaling when some tile of parallaxed background selected.

Default Scaling when some tile of parallaxed background selected.

Maybe someone can me make clear what's happened with selection rectangle of background element in case if we set some parallax values for this background? Actually i understand that elements should be moved in considerations of current scaling+parallax, but why selection rect doesn't match actual position of a tile on the screen? After such manipulations is very hard to select tiles just because their position actually in some other place but not in the place where they are rendered.

During selection, it isn't smart enough to compute the reverse-parallax, so you have to select where it really is. (Do View->Disable parallax to see the real positions to allow easy selections)

The parallaxed/scrolled position depends on the zoom and other things, so it's not a real physical location.

I'll see if I can make this more intuitive and make selects work smart. When pasting, it DOES compute the unparallaxed position and works as you'd expect, it's just the selecting that is the problem...
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Actually parallax and static decoration UI elements on layer with patalax values 1 1 right now totally unusable. Any move around the map move coordinates of object and didn't give any tip where actually object is. I am unable to manage scene with only 4 objects on it(static BG, static UI declaration elements, BG with collision and one entity of Player) because of after i am do some moves or move objects around map they "lose their links with physical world" and afterwards map is totally uneditable. Right now novashell as it is not fit to my requirements. =( I spend very much time to fight with the bugs instead of make my game. =( I think it's better to try write the game with use of clanlib. Maybe it have less bugs right now and more stable. Sorry Seth. =(

Hmm, a 1 1 modifier would mean no parallax is active at all.

A UI layer or a layer with collision should never use parallax effects anyway so I'm a little confused. I use it on the treeworld example for simple background/foreground effects.

In any case, ClanLib is very cool and a good base to work from directly.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Oops, correction to my above post. 0 0 would be "no parallax". 1 1 would be an insane amount. I think I used amounts like 0.03 or so in the treeworld example.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies