Thread: Won't compile under Vista

Default LINK Errors using Examples, won't compile

Some of you may have read this post before I edited it, saying how I couldn't get clanCore to compile. Well, I started over and managed to get everything compiled after I ran ClanLib.dsw finally, but I can't get the examples to compile. It seems like a problem with DirectX, because most everything gives an error about d_____.lib not being able to open. Examples below

Code:
    1>------ Build started: Project: ExamplePacman, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
    1>Linking...
    1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'dsound.lib'
    1>Build log was saved at "file://d:\ClanLib\ClanLib-0.8.0\Examples\Pacman\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
    1>ExamplePacman - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
    ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
    Code:
    1>------ Build started: Project: ExampleBasic2D, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
    1>Linking...
    1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'dinput.lib'
    1>Build log was saved at "file://d:\ClanLib\ClanLib-0.8.0\Examples\Basic2D\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
    1>ExampleBasic2D - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
    Code:
    1>------ Build started: Project: ExampleCanvas, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
    1>Linking...
    1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'dinput.lib'
    1>Build log was saved at "file://d:\ClanLib\ClanLib-0.8.0\Examples\Canvas\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
    1>ExampleCanvas - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
    Code:
    1>------ Build started: Project: ExampleSpritesRTS, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
    1>Linking...
    1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'clancored.lib'
    1>Build log was saved at "file://d:\ClanLib\ClanLib-0.8.0\Examples\SpritesRTS\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
    1>ExampleSpritesRTS - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
    And the list goes on.... I already have the lib and include paths for DX added to my VC++ Directories, so I'm not sure why it's not working. They're all Linker errors (which I hate, so hard to track down) and the last error output I pasted if you'll notice is a clanCORE error, so I'm not sure what's going on there either. I was able to get the project "Command Line" to compile/run, and I'm sure there's a few others that will work...but I'm confused as to why I'm getting these errors. Any thoughts/help?

Thanks,
    -Scutter
    Last edited by Scutter; 08-10-2007 at 11:08 PM. Reason: different problem

OK, I just wanted to report that I found a way to get them to compile, thanks to this link:

http://www.gamedev.net/community/for...age=1&#3012521

Basically, for any of the linker errors, I have to explicitly add the the FULL PATH IN QUOTES to the .lib file that it's looking for to the Additional Dependencies in each of the projects. It needs to be done according to Debug/Release as well, so I pretty much need to add it for both every time.

This is all fine and dandy for solving my DirectX Linker problems, but one still remains. I can't find "clancored.lib" ANYWHERE on my machine... I found clancore.lib (the Release version) and the batch file that creates them. So I tried running the batch file again, but clancored.lib still is not being generated. This just means I have to run any applications using that library in Release mode instead of Debug mode, which mostly is just an inconvenience.

But I'm wondering what happened to my clancored.lib??