Thread: Problems with novashell

Default Problems with novashell

Hi, I'm fairly new to novashell, but I've been able to follow the tutorials, however, I found several problems with it. For example, I couldnt use the bracket keys [ ], since my keyboard is non-us, and I would like to know how would I have to use them? My keyboard is in spanish, and has the spanish ES layout. Another problem I had was when I tried to specify a 40x40 grid, the dialog box only allowed me to put single digit numbers, from 0 to 9.

Someone know how to correct these problems?

thanks in advanced

Hmm, can you suggest any other key besides the bracket keys to use for scaling? Also, you can open the properties and type in a scale # directly if need be.

On the grid settings, someone else had this problem, I'm not sure if this is a generic bug with the new clanlib edit box or something region/locale specific yet. Hrm.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Hi, it's me, hmm, how do i assign another key to novashell? About the grid settings, maybe it's a bug in clanlib, is the other user having that problem from a different region ?

Has anyone looked into this? I just ran into the exact grid problem. Only single digit numbers can be placed. I think it's a bug in clanlib, since my keyboard is US layout.

Thumbs up Keyboard Layout Workaround

Hi y'all. I've had similar keyboard layout problems because I use a Japanese keyboard without a tilde key. (can't access the console)

I solved this in Windows XP by going into Regional settings in control panel, then adding an English-only input method/layout under language settings. You can switch between languages with Alt+Shift or other key combination. This could be irritating if other keys are in different locations as well, but it should at least give you access to all the English keys when you need them.

Sorry for the Bump... But as you can see, a keyboard customization (even if manually editing XML) would be good, because...

I too have several issues, mostly the Brazillian keyboard looks "almost" like the US, but to support some unique characters (, , , , , ...) some keys are swapped around, including the tilde is swapped for the " key. So when I press " for whatever reason, the console open or closes... (and I have a useless ~ key while using novashell...)

Ok, will make the `/~ key configurable in the next version.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

hi, where can i find the tutorials? thank you!

Tutorials are located here.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies