Thread: How do you make the siggy pic bigger?

Default How do you make the siggy pic bigger?

Question in teh title^^^^
    Check out my channel: ShirukaX!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2p..._Hxe1s56Bj4gog
    Check out my latest video!

Master Sorcerer Boppi Von Finkledorf's Avatar

Use a bigger picture?

I'm not sure about actual pictures uploaded directly into your signature on-site. I would assume that they are the same size as the picture you uploaded, but those might automatically get scaled down to save on server space. Simply blowing THAT image up would result in a low-quality picture. You need one with higher resolution to begin with.

You could upload your picture to a site like Imgur.com and put that in your signature the same way you inserted those two .gif images.

There are tools that can be used to blow-up smaller images, but again, that'd result in low-res pictures that look pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Boppi Von Finkledorf View Post
    Use a bigger picture?

I'm not sure about actual pictures uploaded directly into your signature on-site. I would assume that they are the same size as the picture you uploaded, but those might automatically get scaled down to save on server space. Simply blowing THAT image up would result in a low-quality picture. You need one with higher resolution to begin with.

You could upload your picture to a site like Imgur.com and put that in your signature the same way you inserted those two .gif images.

There are tools that can be used to blow-up smaller images, but again, that'd result in low-res pictures that look pretty bad.
    My pic was 1920x1080

Master Sorcerer Boppi Von Finkledorf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shiruka View Post
    My pic was 1920x1080
    Being curious I went and looked in the Signature Editor:
    "Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 600 by 128 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller)."
    Looks like it auto-scaled your image to be the maximum 128 pixels tall.

A good solution would be to upload the image to a site like Imgur.com, and link to it with IMG tags like you did with those .gifs.

I have this weird déjà vu feeling going on here...

As a side note, that image is really big! You should probably scale it down yourself, you don't need a full screen's worth of resolution for that image... It probably won't fit properly on most users' displays anyway, and will likely stretch the forum tables in horrible ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Boppi Von Finkledorf View Post
    Being curious I went and looked in the Signature Editor:
    "Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 600 by 128 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller)."
    Looks like it auto-scaled your image to be the maximum 128 pixels tall.

A good solution would be to upload the image to a site like Imgur.com, and link to it with IMG tags like you did with those .gifs.

I have this weird déjà vu feeling going on here...

As a side note, that image is really big! You should probably scale it down yourself, you don't need a full screen's worth of resolution for that image... It probably won't fit properly on most users' displays anyway, and will likely stretch the forum tables in horrible ways.
    Hey thanks for helping me I've worked my way around and my siggy pic is bigger! thanks a lot!