Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Seth: hear our pleas

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    You guys make it sound easy for someone to help but.. man, it's not easy.

Truth is, even I couldn't make a change to the levels or tanks without re-writing the custom 3D exporter I had written for an old version of 3DS Max ($3000 modeling software) - it would have to re-written for Blender or something. Or I could try digging up the old software and making it work, but we're talking lots of weird obstacles like that.

Compiling and testing raw C++ software on Windows, iOS & Android at the same time is not something too many people can do... also, I can't really anyone access to the Tanked server/source code, because some parts are shared with Growtopia which would make it a security liability for Growtopia. (can't have that!)

Anyway, I'd rather work on NEW (and better) stuff! And hopefully it won't suck!
    Yeah, I feel ya - it's like beating a dead horse - it's pointless, but there will be a few people who would still do it, for the fun. But if it's not bringing profit, it's not worth a developer's time, as after all, it is your job. I'm fine with you prioritizing Growtopia, and other games, as you have done fantastic on Growtopia and I couldn't thank you enough for that, was just throwing out a suggestion.

The problem with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism.

Truth is, even I couldn't make a change to the levels or tanks without re-writing the custom 3D exporter I had written for an old version of 3DS Max ($3000 modeling software) - it would have to re-written for Blender or something. Or I could try digging up the old software and making it work, but we're talking lots of weird obstacles like that.

Compiling and testing raw C++ software on Windows, iOS & Android at the same time is not something too many people can do... also, I can't really anyone access to the Tanked server/source code, because some parts are shared with Growtopia which would make it a security liability for Growtopia. (can't have that!)

You're right, the best thing to do is to be contented. Whatever Seth makes, it is for us to be happy and have fun in life. Let's thank him because without Seth, there will be no Growtopia nor Tanked (and other RTSoft games) that made feel joyed and relax. Without him, there will be no past time, no dare videos, no amazing artists for WOTDs, amazing communication and all of us!

If you've given up on it..... Then how much longer do we have Seth.... How long till its all gone all the good times ive had, weve had in tanked.
    Tanked name- rednecktank
    youtube channel- sonsoftanked (https://www.youtube.com/user/sonsoftanked/videos)
    games played- tanked
    tanked is love, tanked is life
    brofist to pewdiepie
    http://media0.giphy.com/media/5nl8lD39b5Bw4/200.gif <------ when your so hungry you have a big mac attack

Squire

Lightbulb

I am making a new map with Blender now, and will code it how I can, I just ask you to take a look at it when I'm done, Seth.
    Give me a day or two...
    Last edited by Mr.Potter; 05-26-2015 at 07:51 PM. Reason: TIme

Your saying Tanked sucks...? I swear if you add one little thing to that game you'll see like triple the amount of players you see nowadays.
    Im fabulous on tanked :3 I love gymnastics... Pancakes are love and Pancakes are life

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAMMM ITS glitteryyzz :0

Sassy4eva haha

*throws glitter everywhere*

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Potter View Post
    I am making a new map with Blender now, and will code it how I can, I just ask you to take a look at it when I'm done, Seth.
    Give me a day or two...
    You and blends are co developers

I LOVE APPLES

Oh yo yo... there's a demon inside...oh yo yo...just like Jekyll 'n Hyde...

$3000 for a software??? God...i could probably make exact replicas of the tanks on Photoshop (if I had it).

At least we know why you can't/won't update now...

Quotable quotes:

Selling HTB Seeds 5/WL in vending at B2SEEDS

Squire

Quote Originally Posted by NOTemet View Post
    You and blends are co developers
    Blender is also the name of a 3D designing program...

if you really want Seth to do update probably think to how he can get something out of it too, so he is not working numerous hours for free.

Perhaps Seth can set a crowd funding eg. using kickstarter or others. I’m curious to how serious people wanting updates are willing to support Seth to do work on the update.

eg for a simple update addition perhaps seth need about 50 hours for development and testing, so probably need to raise $3000. So 50 people will need to donate $60 for the goal to be reached. Obviously if seth needs more, more donation and people to donate is needed.

I myself bought a lot of tank coins to support development, and bought myself and someone else rts to give back to seth. I don’t require update as the game is still fun to play for me. You know that there are 9 tanks to play with don’t you? how many games have that much of option?
    A new map wouldn’t hurt, but i’m still having fun playing tanked

For people that doesn’t know about kickstarter: people can donate and be rewarded based on their nominated donation. payment to the author / developer will be made if the target fund is met. If not, the donation will not go ahead. 5% fee goes to kickstarter though.

Dang DS thats a great idea, but who will start the gofundme page or kickstarter thing
    Tanked name- rednecktank
    youtube channel- sonsoftanked (https://www.youtube.com/user/sonsoftanked/videos)
    games played- tanked
    brofist to pewdiepie
    http://media0.giphy.com/media/5nl8lD39b5Bw4/200.gif <------ when your so hungry you have a big mac attack

Quote Originally Posted by sonsoftanked View Post
    Dang DS thats a great idea, but who will start the gofundme page or kickstarter thing
    From Kickstarter guidelines, Seth needs to set it.
    Again no one lose if the funds doesn't reach the target goal. no fees, and fund will be returned.
    - Also people who donated are usually rewarded. i suppose here it will be tanked coins. or something more

Perhaps you can leave your name and your donation in this thread so seth can give an idea if he should or not set it up.
    Its a challenge i suppose, how serious are you. me myself i don't know i've spent about $150 for this game already.

So depending how attractive the reward. i would invest $30 if this go ahead.

DS is gonna start it but sad ding is I has no credit card so is it ok to just tell people who doesn't have a forum acc or doesn't visit the forums to donate?

I LOVE APPLES

Quote Originally Posted by NOTemet View Post
    DS is gonna start it but sad ding is I has no credit card so is it ok to just tell people who doesn't have a forum acc or doesn't visit the forums to donate?
    No i'm not allowed to set it. read my previous post, Seth needs to set it.

I think i spent 50 on coins (did it to try to help tanked)
    I could give a lil at a time because im saving up for a demo derby car for racing so i could donate like 20 a month, seth lets try this maybe put it in the grow news n when they donate money they get special items for amounts given it can save tanked and make you more money
    Tanked name- rednecktank
    games played- tanked
    brofist to pewdiepie

Ok I've tried to not comment but can't resist.

Yeah, Tanked update is not as simple as it sounds. We can't simply make something in blender for Seth... making maps/features is the easy part... making it functional in the game is not. Please guys, do not underestimate this.

But there is a Tanked community that persists despite all the obstacles. I've had dontshoot's idea for awhile... money is not the only problem, but, would it tip the scales the other way, how much would it take, and is there enough interest out there to put up real money? These are good questions.

If there is a new game in the works, I can't wait to see it, but I've never found a mobile device game like Tanked. The battles, the strategy, the chat, is the most fun I've had on any game.

Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    would it tip the scales the other way, how much would it take, and is there enough interest out there to put up real money? These are good questions.
    Seth will set the goal of how much money he needs it may be 5k or even 10k.
    And you are right, would there be enough people interested to put up real money. At least with this people will need to step up and not just ask again and again if they can have updates. If they are not willing to support the development, they can't expect to get update.

Leave your name and your donation here if you are willing to help with the development, so seth can see if its worthwhile for him to set up a kickstarter project. And probably a reply from Seth if this is something that we can pursue.

Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post

Yeah, Tanked update is not as simple as it sounds. We can't simply make something in blender for Seth... making maps/features is the easy part... making it functional in the game is not. Please guys, do not underestimate this.

But there is a Tanked community that persists despite all the obstacles. I've had dontshoot's idea for awhile... money is not the only problem, but, would it tip the scales the other way, how much would it take, and is there enough interest out there to put up real money? These are good questions.

If there is a new game in the works, I can't wait to see it, but I've never found a mobile device game like Tanked. The battles, the strategy, the chat, is the most fun I've had on any game.
    Aint that the truth never have loved or have had more fun on any other game then tanked. And no other game can copy that
    Tanked name- rednecktank
    games played- tanked
    brofist to pewdiepie

Quote Originally Posted by sonsoftanked View Post
    Aint that the truth never have loved or have had more fun on any other game then tanked. And no other game can copy that
    I created a new thread so people can leave names of their willingness to donate. so its' not lost between replies

Default Alright.

Okay. To be honest I saw that this game was going downhill ever since Seth started working on Growtopia. (Great job by the way on your extreme success) But, if older players have noticed I completely stopped battling just because I found this game was going out of date quickly and personally there are much better tank games out there now. Although...I have met a lot of very engaging people on this game, they are the only reason I'm still here. Yes this game is out of date...yes people have moved on...but some have not... and from what I have seen...these loyal people are asking for something that you cannot deliver.
    Hopefully this gets solved soon. Good luck too you all...

117 out.
    A great zen master once said...Be Like Master Chief..

Quote Originally Posted by Ishineflame View Post
    Give up in pleading him, he won't bother about tanked anymore.
    Dont care if thats true or not still going to try
    Tanked name- rednecktank
    games played- tanked
    brofist to pewdiepie