Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hardware genius

Master Sorcerer

Default Hardware genius

I haven't made a thread, i'll probably regret the autism already slobbered over it. I tried to make this fit a certain demographic.

Post your pro-pc building quotes.

"How good is the integrated graphics on AMD FX-6300?"
    "Should I get i5 or i7 amd's?????"
    "I got 16 extra gbs of ram, now my game should run faster"
    "Will the gtx980 run minecraft on fancy?"
    "I found a 600w PSU out of a 10 year old PC, what a score!"
    "I dont need thermal paste, the heat sync is already sticky"
    "For christmas I got all the computer parts I needed, I built it all on my carpet floor for 6 hours and it won't turn on!"

Or post your pro coding quotes

"Any HTML tips guys?"
    "I want to make a game withour coding"
    "Why do switch() when if commands are more straight forward"

"I never knew that RAM made games run faster!"
    Boy oh boy do I feel original.

Banned

"How do I found out how much space my computer has left?"

Master Sorcerer

"Yea I googled your ip on infosniper.com, im quite the hacker"

"I have no idea what I'm doing."

My Anime List
    Ask me stuff here

Banned

some pro mobo
    amd a-8 apu (2nd from the best) 3.6 gHZ (not overclocked)
    amd Radeon r-9 gpu (don't remember the size of ram)
    8GB ram (2x4gb)
    1tb HDD (gonna run out soon)
    integrated sound card)
    24x DVD read/write

LOL WHY COMPUTER NEED FAN? TAKE DAT OUT!

3 hours of Arma 3 later...

*** WHY MY CPU MELT?

Joined Growtopia July 16, 2013.
    You mess with the snake, you get the fangs!
    Hexadecimal number systems, giving programmers headaches since computers were invented. (or at least me)

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Deimantas Lebedevas View Post
    some pro mobo
    amd a-8 apu (2nd from the best) 3.6 gHZ (not overclocked)
    amd Radeon r-9 gpu (don't remember the size of ram)
    8GB ram (2x4gb)
    1tb HDD (gonna run out soon)
    integrated sound card)
    24x DVD read/write
    Amd radeon r9 doesnt mean anything, thats the series, whats the actual card? Ram on Gpu doesn't matter much when most have more than 2gb anyway.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by peck View Post
    Amd radeon r9 doesnt mean anything, thats the series, whats the actual card? Ram on Gpu doesn't matter much when most have more than 2gb anyway.
    i know that amd r9 is the brand, but not sure which series also radeon is pretty awfull
    gpus are for graphics not just for random access, they're the most powerful thing to do rendering one(and the cheapest ones)

Master Sorcerer
    this is my plea plslls eradicate my existence before i take yours

"iM sUpRiSeD tHaT cOnAn IsNt StIlL rEpLyInG iN tHiS tHrEaD!!!!!!!!!!!!1!11!11!!!,1!"

Seriously though, when threads like these are created, usually, Conan is the first, second or third to reply.
    the one and only pineapple you grew up with and loved
    Ign: iHans/Hansie

Quote Originally Posted by Hans View Post
    "iM sUpRiSeD tHaT cOnAn IsNt StIlL rEpLyInG iN tHiS tHrEaD!!!!!!!!!!!!1!11!11!!!,1!"

Seriously though, when threads like these are created, usually, Conan is the first, second or third to reply.
    seriously dude .-.
    I aint gonna post here alot anymore .-.

I remember making this config i can never make coz of cash
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

- - - Updated - - -

i know that amd r9 is the brand, but not sure which series also radeon is pretty awfull
    gpus are for graphics not just for random access, they're the most powerful thing to do rendering one(and the cheapest ones)
    AMD/ATI is the brand R9 is the series /fp

i prefer getting a Titan Z than a 295X

Master Sorcerer

Radeon is branding/subseries... There are good radeons and bad ones like all GPU's. R9 and R7 series are mid-higher tier so I wouldn't know if you're comparing to over priced cards like the 980 or titan series which will be recreated and wayy cheaper within years anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Conan View Post
    seriously dude .-.
    I aint gonna post here alot anymore .-.

I remember making this config i can never make coz of cash
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

- - - Updated - - -

AMD/ATI is the brand R9 is the series /fp

i prefer getting a Titan Z than a 295X
    That /fp stuff is pretty annoying. Not sure if you're pulling sarcasm but paying 500-1000 extra for some extra cuda cores and memory clock is pretty silly as thats just newer tech and will drop price in maybe 2-3 years.

Banned

Radeon is branding/subseries... There are good radeons and bad ones like all GPU's. R9 and R7 series are mid-higher tier so I wouldn't know if you're comparing to over priced cards like the 980 or titan series which will be recreated and wayy cheaper within years anyway.
    well, im using the newer ones, but still they're awfull
    especialy on dying light and cod aw

- - - Updated - - -

That /fp stuff is pretty annoying. Not sure if you're pulling sarcasm but paying 500-1000 extra for some extra cuda cores and memory clock is pretty silly as thats just newer tech and will drop price in maybe 2-3 years.
    Its just a list i made during my free time last year

Something from the GTX7xx would be enough for me though
    also an i5

Those who are paying for those little more are just rich kids who are speed freaks lol

Master Sorcerer

well, im using the newer ones, but still they're awfull
    especialy on dying light and cod aw
    Cod aw is a graphic intensive game, you still would have to tell me which model you have as there isn't only one. There are mid R9's and there are high end R9's, telling me R9's suck because you have a mid tier playing a high end game is silly. You can find your model by running windows "dxdiag" and clicking the graphics tab.

- - - Updated - - -

Its just a list i made during my free time last year

Something from the GTX7xx would be enough for me though
    also an i5

Those who are paying for those little more are just rich kids who are speed freaks lol
    Gtx750ti runs about 130$ ultra settings farcry3 at 60fps. Farcry4 however is something around 50fps on low settings.

Though if you are willing to save up 70 extra id just go for a 960 and run all modern high end games mid-ultra settings (and comes with a copy of witcher 3)

Banned

Cod aw is a graphic intensive game, you still would have to tell me which model you have as there isn't only one. There are mid R9's and there are high end R9's, telling me R9's suck because you have a mid tier playing a high end game is silly. You can find your model by running windows "dxdiag" and clicking the graphics tab.

- - - Updated - - -

Gtx750ti runs about 130$ ultra settings farcry3 at 60fps. Farcry4 however is something around 50fps on low settings.

Though if you are willing to save up 70 extra id just go for a 960 and run all modern high end games mid-ultra settings (and comes with a copy of witcher 3)
    i only don't have working windows, i only have the ones that are on virtual machine, which uses it's own graphics(it doesn't tell windows about host machine gpu)

- - - Updated - - -

and here it is "HD 8570 / R7 240" OEM it says i have both of them (first part is on-board graphics)
    and the second one is my gpu (i send it for repair and they replaced it(when i didn't know that they changed the model), cuz r9 got burned up)

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

you should get linux and play the games that are available for linux, as it gives around 100 more fps(on openGL), if you get the games from steam

Master Sorcerer

i only don't have working windows, i only have the ones that are on virtual machine, which uses it's own graphics(it doesn't tell windows about host machine gpu)
    If you don't own a windows what are you using?
    Graphics card is hardware you can't download a graphics card. Unless your VM means to fake a gpu, which is completely useless as you can't run your gpu faster than itself (or just one of those blast zone VM's that disguise everything)

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

and here it is "HD 8570 / R7 240" OEM it says i have both of them (first part is on-board graphics)
    and the second one is my gpu (i send it for repair and they replaced it(when i didn't know that they changed the model), cuz r9 got burned up)

- - - Updated - - -

you should get linux and play the games that are available for linux, as it gives around 100 more fps(on openGL), if you get the games from steam
    An r7 240 is a very low GPU. At this point i'm not sure if you're trolling me with the 100+ fps by switching an os. Yes I understand openGL is faster than direct X, but the performance boost is a decent 8fps on average. Nothing worth throwing away game compatibility for me.

If you don't own a windows what are you using?
    Graphics card is hardware you can't download a graphics card. Unless your VM means to fake a gpu, which is completely useless as you can't run your gpu faster than itself (or just one of those blast zone VM's that disguise everything)

- - - Updated - - -

An r7 240 is a very low GPU. At this point i'm not sure if you're trolling me with the 100+ fps by switching an os. Yes I understand openGL is faster than direct X, but the performance boost is a decent 8fps on average. Nothing worth throwing away game compatibility for me.
    He is using ubuntu (He tried to download the program i made and i saw the screenshot he used as an image)

Its funny how he said he got 100FPS by just switching OS
    I get around 200-300 FPS on a Radeon HD 6450 When im running Osu! in full screen and unlocked framerate

running games on 60FPS is still better because it matches the refresh rate of most monitors (vSYNC)

VGA passthrough is also the reason i use Xen or KVM as my hypervisor

Master Sorcerer

running games on 60FPS is still better because it matches the refresh rate of most monitors (vSYNC)
    60fps in terms of experience is only preferred to me because 30fps on games designed for 60fps (which most are made for nowadays) gives me some motion sickness on the skippy movement. I got a solid 60hz and 120hz monitor(for easier ran games) and a strong gpu so I don't usually have problems maintaining vsync with most games.
    Last edited by peck; 05-29-2015 at 04:24 PM.

Master Sorcerer

Not sure how many more times im going to run into a "hamachi is easier and safer than port forwarding!!!".