Thread: Help Needed

Default Help Needed

Three things:

1. In the tutorial "Dragon Eggs" when you win, nothing happens. And, you never did anything with the chalice. I was thinking that when you collected the last eggs, somehow all the dragons disappear and the chalice appears. Then you warp to another map and keep playing with different levels. Also, instead of being killed the first time, you should show us how to create a health system.

2. To help me learn, I'm trying to create a pokemon-like RPG game. You could go inside houses and walk-around. So-far, it's not going well. I borrowed the xml from your visual profile tutorial to animate the character (who looks horrible because he's in a white box) and the animation is kind-of muttered. And when you walk around some of the buildings and trees weird things happen.

3. Also, it would be awesome if you helped me to develop a way to battle in the RPG, because pokemon's battle style in unique and I have no idea how to approach it.

Please get back to me soon. I attached the files for my Pokemon game to this thread.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hey Mikegrann.

1. In the tutorial "Dragon Eggs" when you win, nothing happens. And, you never did anything with the chalice. I was thinking that when you collected the last eggs, somehow all the dragons disappear and the chalice appears. Then you warp to another map and keep playing with different levels. Also, instead of being killed the first time, you should show us how to create a health system.
    After you win, it should say something like "I got the eggs!"... but yeah, I plan to do one more tutorial, where we have a magic door appear after you win which lets you warp to a new room and collect the trophy.

I'm not really happy with with the current method of making doors/warps so I thought I'm going to wait a bit on doing the tutorial.

So-far, it's not going well. I borrowed the xml from your visual profile tutorial to animate the character (who looks horrible because he's in a white box) and the animation is kind-of muttered.
    The sprites you are using have a white background and don't have an alpha channel like the tutorial character. But this is easy to work around, just add transparent_color="255,255,255" in each image tag. Example:

Code:
    <sprite name="idle_down">
    		<image fileseq="idle/idle_down.png" transparent_color="255,255,255" leading_zeroes="0"/>
    		<translation origin="center"/>
    		<animation pingpong="no" loop="yes" speed="150"/>
    	</sprite>
    when you walk around some of the buildings and trees weird things happen.
    Hrm, I took a look, I thought it would be easier to explain the problem by taking a screenshot and commenting that. (see pic)

As far as the battle system and doors, that would be pretty tricky and require some detailed lua coding.. I have a new version coming along with a more fleshed out RPG example that should help though.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies