Thread: "New" D-Mod

Unhappy

I am currently revising my old old D-Mod "Phantasmagoria". For those of you who've been to the Dink network and downloaded it (and might have hated it like our webmasters at the Dink Network did), you probobly don't care. However, I want to make a few things clear. The current version, 2.0 is, way too hard. I released it in the hope I would finish it, but since making D-mods isn't exactly a cure for cancer, it wasn't important. Now that i have the time (and more inyerest =D) i'm going to do some things to it. Currently, the game plays like this:

-You're Dink. Good for you.
    -You're on a strange island. Nobody cares.
    -The diolouge sucks. Enough said.

GAME SYSTEM: IN Phantasmagoria, every time you kill an enemy, you get EP (enemy points). With EP, you can spend them in 2 ways:
    1) When you gain a level, you can increase your stats by TWO instead of just 1
    2) There's a duck relic statue below the slayer's beech screen you can spend points at, but for twice the amount as when you level

Now, I could complete it, but only after several hours of gameplay. It's a game you play rather then "complete", and that was the idea. Here's the plan for version 3.0:

-More areas
    -Enemies will be worth more EP (done)
    -Diolouge change (80%) (done)
    -The EP costs will decrease (done)
    -Slayers and boncas will be slightly easier
    -a few random bug fixes
    -possibly some added graphics

The hope with version 3.0 is that I'll have an excuse to make a version 4.0, which will be much larger and have a few new ideas implamented.

GOAL: I want to make a D-mod that's focus is on PLAYING. The Dink engine is very unique as in everyone can put an idea together with a respectable amount of effort.

With each d-mod I've put out, I also wrote it under a "fake name", my d-mods include: Pointless, The Scar of David 2 and Phantasmagoria, all of which pretty much suck, i think...

Anyway, that's all i have to say for now. I'll be sending a copy of this to the RTSoft Dink Forum, RTSoft Lounge forum and the people at the DInk Network.

Lesser Knight

Sounds really good as far as the "EP's" just make sure it's balenced or it will kinda ruin the game. BTW, I never said I hated that d-mod!
    --WC

Balanced is a tricky word to define in RPGs like this... you look at the the, say, Final Fantasy series,the only FF game that i ever saw was balanced was FF8 and Tactics, as the enemy's level was usually relative to your party's level.... say, that's not a bad idea, is it?