Thread: 'Unable to locate worlds' error

Default 'Unable to locate worlds' error

Hello, I've just downloaded Novashell and I'm slowly working my way through the tutorials. I'm not sure if this is a bug or not (probably something I messed up, complete noob alert! ) but whenever I double-click one of the .novashell files in the 'worlds' directory, I get this message:

Command line parms received:
    C:\Program
    Files\Novashell\worlds\DragonEggs.novashell
    Unable to locate worlds/Files\Novashell\worlds\DragonEggs.novashell. World is missing perhaps?
    Clanlib Sound System Initialized
    Novashell V0.24 and Lua 5.1 Initted.
    No mod has overidden script/game_start.lua. Running default, which let's the player choose a world.
    Loaded map hidden_Base Startup at tick 0. 2 non-empty chunks, size is 1 by 1.
    As you can see, this particular message says it can't find the DragonEggs.novashell (which I've just created) but it gives me this message no matter which file I try to open.

Oddly enough, DragonEggs is now listed on the start menu along with all the other games and can be opened and played from there without any problems.

Also, in the very first tutorial, when it tells you to switch maps to the "maps/Dink Palette", I get a similar error message:

Command line parms received:
    C:\Program
    Files\Novashell\worlds\RT_DinkTest.novashell
    Unable to locate worlds/Files\Novashell\worlds\RT_DinkTest.novashell. World is missing perhaps?
    No mod has overidden script/game_start.lua. Running default, which let's the player choose a world.
    Loaded map hidden_Base Startup at tick 0. 2 non-empty chunks, size is 1 by 1.
    Restarting engine...
    Initializing GameLogic
    Mounting world path worlds/RT_DinkTest.
    Initting world
    Initting intro menu
    Loaded map Intro at tick 39635. 5 non-empty chunks, size is 1 by 2.
    Clearing all maps
    User profile path now C:\Program Files\Novashell/profiles/Player/RT_DinkTest
    Found player in Inside at X:547.55 Y: 5.67
    Loaded map Inside at tick 178750. 12 non-empty chunks, size is 5 by 2.
    Setting player to Entity 142 (Player)
    Setting camera tracking to player Entity 142 (Player)
    Initting interface
    Setting up overlays..
    Editor opened
    Loaded map Dink Palette at tick 182157. 9 non-empty chunks, size is 3 by 2.
    Error trying to load script script/Dink Palette/Interface/interface.lua
    ---------------- Lua Error! Stack Dump ----------------

-1: cannot open script/Dink Palette/Interface/interface.lua: No such file or directory
    Ent 161 (inter_main_template) error while loading lua script Dink Palette/Interface/interface.lua.
    It seems to me like the program is looking in the wrong directory or something, maybe my paths are set wrong, I dunno, I just thought I'd let you know.

Anyway, this is a fantastic gift you've given to the indie game developer community. I'm loving it so far and having a blast. Thankyou very, very much.

Cheers

Thanks Ketla,

I've just fixed the dink palette problem. I was unable to duplicate the second problem, but I'll test it again after doing a real install.

Are you running Vista, and is your login an 'admin' or just a normal user account?
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Oops sorry Seth, I should have told you my system specs. I'm running Windows XP (service pack 2). I believe I have full administrator rights (I've never had any problems installing and uninstalling stuff, if that means anything ).

Anyway, this is only a tiny little problem, it just means that I can't double-click the .novashell files themselves to open them in Novashell, I have to start Novashell itself and then select the game I want from the start menu to open it (which is no biggie ).

But so far, everything else seems to be fine *touchwood*.