Thread: Full Screen Problem

Unhappy Full Screen Problem

If I use the resolution of 800x600 and change to full screen, one of my LCD monitor gives up a message box "The input is not suported", my another LCD monitor becomes total black, but if I use the resolution of 640x480 or 1024x768, the result is correct.
    And the images in my game is designed as the resolution of 800x600, so I can't use the resolution of 640x480 or 1024x768.
    My operating system is Linux FC6, my video card is GForce 7600, my ClanLib edition is 0.8.0

Very strange... under windows display settings, does 800X600 show up ok? 16, 32 bit modes are both ok?

Try 32 bit if you haven't.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Very strange... under windows display settings, does 800X600 show up ok? 16, 32 bit modes are both ok?

Try 32 bit if you haven't.

The resolution of 800x600 shows up ok, and I use 32 bit. Is it the missmatch between X11 configure file and the LCD monitor. I have used a very old CRT monitor, the everything is ok!

Oops, I missed the linux part in your original post.

Hrm, maybe it's trying to use a refresh rate the monitor doesn't like. This can be set while opening the ClanLib window, might try 60hz or something.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Oops, I missed the linux part in your original post.

Hrm, maybe it's trying to use a refresh rate the monitor doesn't like. This can be set while opening the ClanLib window, might try 60hz or something.
    I get it. It's the problem of the video card's driver. I tried to set a resolution of 800x600, then log out, then the information of "The input is not surported" gives up.
    But it's another big problem to me.
    My video card is GForce 7600. The driver is downloaded from the authority web of nvidia.

ClanLib Developer

You could use

http://clanlib.org/docs/clanlib-0.8....lay_modes.html

to get a list over supported resolution and pick on of them when you create the DisplayWindow.

Quote Originally Posted by sphair View Post
    You could use

http://clanlib.org/docs/clanlib-0.8....lay_modes.html

to get a list over supported resolution and pick on of them when you create the DisplayWindow.
    I have tried, and it's no use. I think it's the missmatch between video card's driver and the LCD monitor. When I set the screen resolution to 800x600 in the operating system( there is no other program is running ), my LCD monitor gives out a error information, but if I use a CRT monitor this time, the display becomes normal.