Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Forum Manual!

Banned

Only thread that actually needs to get stickied.

I can't say much more than what's already said. I didn't read it though — I know all of that information already. It's a great guide that deserves a sticky! A quick question though: how long did that take to plan out and compile.
    MUMBLE

Quote Originally Posted by JOSHIE63 View Post
    I can't say much more than what's already said. I didn't read it though — I know all of that information already. It's a great guide that deserves a sticky! A quick question though: how long did that take to plan out and compile.
    Took me the whole day yesterday. I'm more of a spontaneous writer.

The problem with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bowe View Post
    Table of contents:

Introduction to the forums!
    Where to put your post (sub-forums)!
    How to post, posting tools and posting tips!
    Different types of threads and how to make yours better!
    Reporting another player!
    Communicating with others on the forums!
    Profile settings!
    Account settings!
    All about polls!
    BBCode, and where you can find all the configurations!
    Why NOT to post about punishments and scams!
    Vulgarity and sexual obscenity; understand the ridiculousness!

Introduction to the forums!

Hi, all, and welcome to the RTsoft forums! Congratulations on your new membership here! This is a wonderful, diverse community where you’ll find lots of spirited discussion, advice, and debates, as well as places to voice your opinions, and places to write what you see fit (within reason).

Firstly, what are forums? If you've never been on game forums before, you should read this over. The forums are a place in which you can discuss anything and everything related to what the specific forum is about.

In this case, the RTsoft forums are a community center for everyone who plays one or more of RTsoft's multiple games. Here, you’ll find discussions about the game, questions about the game, and even ideas or suggestions for how to make a game better - everything gets discussed, even stuff not about the games, which is why we have the RTsoft Tavern, for off-topic threads and discussions!

There are rules to follow when posting on this forum, and if you can't follow these rules, you will be punished accordingly by the moderators. Solorien, who is the head moderator here, has made some official rules for you to follow: http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showthr...ia-Forum-Rules

As mentioned on her thread, it's a case by case investigation, you will be punished if they see fit - and a moderators word is final, if you don't like what you were punished for, there is no need to publicly uproar about it, you can message the moderator themselves, or message Solorien - there is no need to post about punishments from the forums or the game here, as we, as players, have no power to help you. Side note: if your thread has been closed or deleted there is 99% of the time a good reason for it, and therefore it would be a foolish decision to past the same or a similar thread again.

The punishments for violating any of these rules is a warning/infraction - the more you get, the bigger your punishment will be. After an amount stock up, your account will be banned, however, I believe they can fade after a few months. If your post breaks the rules in a severe manner, your account may be instantly banned - breaking the rules isn't tolerated here, so you should post accordingly.
    Nice guide, although I recommend that if this is just a forum guide, (more than just growtopia), you should include
    all the subforums and forums here, not just the growtopian ones.
    "It vexes me how veracious discussion actually devolved into what literally is nocuous as a brainwashed drove of cattle spamming the only two words in their vocabulary: forum game." - JOSHIE63, 2017

↓↓↓
    IGN:TheLuigi
    ↑↑↑

Quote Originally Posted by |ThyLuigi| View Post
    Nice guide, although I recommend that if this is just a forum guide, (more than just growtopia), you should include
    all the subforums and forums here, not just the growtopian ones.
    I agree, however, the forum is predominantly Growtopia based, and therefore the community is moreover oriented through Growtopians - however, if it does become a demand - most of the other forums (such as Tanked) aren't sub-forum specific, and the ones that are, are seemingly full of experienced forumers.

The problem with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism.

I agree, however, the forum is predominantly Growtopia based, and therefore the community is moreover oriented through Growtopians - however, if it does become a demand - most of the other forums (such as Tanked) aren't sub-forum specific, and the ones that are, are seemingly full of experienced forumers.
    Okay, fair enough.
    "It vexes me how veracious discussion actually devolved into what literally is nocuous as a brainwashed drove of cattle spamming the only two words in their vocabulary: forum game." - JOSHIE63, 2017

↓↓↓
    ↑↑↑

Free bump for senpai
    IGN : Lavaloid

Currently on an alternate reality where the world is run by BlaZing, the Lord of Ice Krem

This must be a sticky!!!
    IGN: Lethalhunter
    "Just Kidding" a phrase you use when you totally meant it - L3thalHunter

Maybe you could also copy some key points from the FAQ?
    Because i don't think anyone looks at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Solorien View Post
    I can't help it.. I have to mother everyone.
    But mom..

My GrowTopian Info

My Goals

Awesome art of me by Chudy!

#FireTemplar!🔥

Thanks, ianCSzz!

I have one post still reserved - thinking of turning it into a tips from experienced forumers kind of thing - if you have any tips to submit, or suggestions for a new section (might not even add one), just post below.
    About infractions? Or FAQ?
    IGN : Lavaloid

Quote Originally Posted by L3thalHunter View Post
    This must be a sticky!!!
    Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bejewled View Post
    Maybe you could also copy some key points from the FAQ?
    Because i don't think anyone looks at it.
    Which FAQ? As I am thinking of keeping this thread forum related, rather than game incorporated.

Quote Originally Posted by ianCSzz View Post
    About infractions? Or FAQ?
    I might just add that into the first section.

Wouldn't expect any less from you Jack.

It looks like you're trying really hard to get a sticky. Good luck! C:

Cheers.

Which FAQ? As I am thinking of keeping this thread forum related, rather than game incorporated.

I might just add that into the first section.
    Its on the blue bar, next to Private Messages and Calendar
    Quote Originally Posted by Solorien View Post
    I can't help it.. I have to mother everyone.
    But mom..

My GrowTopian Info

My Goals

Awesome art of me by Chudy!

#FireTemplar!🔥

Quote Originally Posted by Magicalfishy View Post

Not about the sticky.

Quote Originally Posted by Bejewled View Post
    Its on the blue bar, next to Private Messages and Calendar
    I'll look into it for key points I could add, cheers!

Banned

You're too afraid your nice boy rep is gonna get ruined if you actually express your opinions, so instead you take small jabs at people in small font.

Magicalfishy is a coward C:

This guide should get stickied in my opinion, I too had a lot of problems when I first started the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by 9Life View Post
    You're too afraid your nice boy rep is gonna get ruined if you actually express your opinions, so instead you take small jabs at people in small font.

This guide should get stickied in my opinion, I too had a lot of problems when I first started the forums.
    Glad you now like the thread, I appreciate the positive feedback, from all of you.

Quote Originally Posted by 9Life View Post

Well, this guide is very well written and much needed. However, I think as a moderator, it would be their job to create a thread like this and not a member. JackBowe has my respect as a friend and as someone who follows his work. I don't necessarily agree that this thread was useless or even "butt-kissing," but I did believe Jack was trying very hard to get a sticky, and he deserved it.

I'm not trying to preserve my "nice boy rep" by "taking small jabs at people." It wasn't meant as a dissing statement, I was just saying how it really looked like he was trying and that he deserved it. I will always speak the truth, I don't sugarcoat or lie.

Bumping this for the sake of humanity.

↓↓↓
    ↑↑↑

Well, this guide is very well written and much needed. However, I think as a moderator, it would be their job to create a thread like this and not a member. JackBowe has my respect as a friend and as someone who follows his work. I don't necessarily agree that this thread was useless or even "butt-kissing," but I did believe Jack was trying very hard to get a sticky, and he deserved it.

I'm not trying to preserve my "nice boy rep" by "taking small jabs at people." It wasn't meant as a dissing statement, I was just saying how it really looked like he was trying and that he deserved it. I will always speak the truth, I don't sugarcoat or lie.
    Don't worry, Fishy, I didn't take any offense to it.

I see your point - making a comprehensive guide, which takes hours of work would seem like a sticky would be in order - but that doesn't bother me, I can keep this thread alive for as long as it needs to be if it's not sticked, if it is sticked, then that'd be great, but that's not why I made the thread, I made it to help people, and make new forumers have an easier life.

Thanks, ianCSzz!

I have one post still reserved - thinking of turning it into a tips from experienced forumers kind of thing - if you have any tips to submit, or suggestions for a new section (might not even add one), just post below.
    Oooh, okay...

Well, my advice to new forumers, and all forumers in general, is to keep your head on when you're arguing, and to try not to offend someone - if you don't, you'll get nowhere.

↓↓↓
    ↑↑↑