Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 200

Thread: The Forum Manual!

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    niggaville
    Posts
    501

    Default

    Only thread that actually needs to get stickied.

  2. #22
    Master Sorcerer JOSHIE63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    4,433

    Default

    I can't say much more than what's already said. I didn't read it though — I know all of that information already. It's a great guide that deserves a sticky! A quick question though: how long did that take to plan out and compile.
    MUMBLE

  3. #23
    Master Sorcerer Jack Bowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    England!
    Posts
    4,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JOSHIE63 View Post
    I can't say much more than what's already said. I didn't read it though — I know all of that information already. It's a great guide that deserves a sticky! A quick question though: how long did that take to plan out and compile.
    Took me the whole day yesterday. I'm more of a spontaneous writer.


    The problem with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism.

  4. #24
    Master Sorcerer |ThyLuigi|'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Alpha Centauri
    Posts
    8,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bowe View Post
    Table of contents:

    Introduction to the forums!
    Where to put your post (sub-forums)!
    How to post, posting tools and posting tips!
    Different types of threads and how to make yours better!
    Reporting another player!
    Communicating with others on the forums!
    Profile settings!
    Account settings!
    All about polls!
    BBCode, and where you can find all the configurations!
    Why NOT to post about punishments and scams!
    Vulgarity and sexual obscenity; understand the ridiculousness!





    Introduction to the forums!

    Hi, all, and welcome to the RTsoft forums! Congratulations on your new membership here! This is a wonderful, diverse community where you’ll find lots of spirited discussion, advice, and debates, as well as places to voice your opinions, and places to write what you see fit (within reason).

    Firstly, what are forums? If you've never been on game forums before, you should read this over. The forums are a place in which you can discuss anything and everything related to what the specific forum is about.

    In this case, the RTsoft forums are a community center for everyone who plays one or more of RTsoft's multiple games. Here, you’ll find discussions about the game, questions about the game, and even ideas or suggestions for how to make a game better - everything gets discussed, even stuff not about the games, which is why we have the RTsoft Tavern, for off-topic threads and discussions!

    There are rules to follow when posting on this forum, and if you can't follow these rules, you will be punished accordingly by the moderators. Solorien, who is the head moderator here, has made some official rules for you to follow: http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showthr...ia-Forum-Rules

    As mentioned on her thread, it's a case by case investigation, you will be punished if they see fit - and a moderators word is final, if you don't like what you were punished for, there is no need to publicly uproar about it, you can message the moderator themselves, or message Solorien - there is no need to post about punishments from the forums or the game here, as we, as players, have no power to help you. Side note: if your thread has been closed or deleted there is 99% of the time a good reason for it, and therefore it would be a foolish decision to past the same or a similar thread again.

    The punishments for violating any of these rules is a warning/infraction - the more you get, the bigger your punishment will be. After an amount stock up, your account will be banned, however, I believe they can fade after a few months. If your post breaks the rules in a severe manner, your account may be instantly banned - breaking the rules isn't tolerated here, so you should post accordingly.
    Nice guide, although I recommend that if this is just a forum guide, (more than just growtopia), you should include
    all the subforums and forums here, not just the growtopian ones.
    "It vexes me how veracious discussion actually devolved into what literally is nocuous as a brainwashed drove of cattle spamming the only two words in their vocabulary: forum game." - JOSHIE63, 2017

    ↓↓↓
    IGN:TheLuigi
    ↑↑↑

  5. #25
    Master Sorcerer Jack Bowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    England!
    Posts
    4,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by |ThyLuigi| View Post
    Nice guide, although I recommend that if this is just a forum guide, (more than just growtopia), you should include
    all the subforums and forums here, not just the growtopian ones.
    I agree, however, the forum is predominantly Growtopia based, and therefore the community is moreover oriented through Growtopians - however, if it does become a demand - most of the other forums (such as Tanked) aren't sub-forum specific, and the ones that are, are seemingly full of experienced forumers.


    The problem with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism.

  6. #26
    Master Sorcerer |ThyLuigi|'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Alpha Centauri
    Posts
    8,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bowe View Post
    I agree, however, the forum is predominantly Growtopia based, and therefore the community is moreover oriented through Growtopians - however, if it does become a demand - most of the other forums (such as Tanked) aren't sub-forum specific, and the ones that are, are seemingly full of experienced forumers.
    Okay, fair enough.
    "It vexes me how veracious discussion actually devolved into what literally is nocuous as a brainwashed drove of cattle spamming the only two words in their vocabulary: forum game." - JOSHIE63, 2017

    ↓↓↓
    IGN:TheLuigi
    ↑↑↑

  7. #27
    Master Sorcerer ianCSzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    3,298

    Default

    Free bump for senpai
    IGN : Lavaloid

  8. #28
    Master Sorcerer L3thalHunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Currently on an alternate reality where the world is run by BlaZing, the Lord of Ice Krem
    Posts
    635

    Default

    This must be a sticky!!!
    IGN: Lethalhunter
    "Just Kidding" a phrase you use when you totally meant it - L3thalHunter

  9. #29
    Master Sorcerer Bejewled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    In A Black Hole
    Posts
    3,569

    Default

    Maybe you could also copy some key points from the FAQ?
    Because i don't think anyone looks at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Solorien View Post
    I can't help it.. I have to mother everyone.
    But mom..

    My GrowTopian Info


    My Goals


    Awesome art of me by Chudy!


    #FireTemplar!🔥

  10. #30
    Master Sorcerer ianCSzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    3,298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bowe View Post
    Thanks, ianCSzz!

    I have one post still reserved - thinking of turning it into a tips from experienced forumers kind of thing - if you have any tips to submit, or suggestions for a new section (might not even add one), just post below.
    About infractions? Or FAQ?
    IGN : Lavaloid

  11. #31
    Master Sorcerer Jack Bowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    England!
    Posts
    4,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by L3thalHunter View Post
    This must be a sticky!!!
    Cheers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bejewled View Post
    Maybe you could also copy some key points from the FAQ?
    Because i don't think anyone looks at it.
    Which FAQ? As I am thinking of keeping this thread forum related, rather than game incorporated.

    Quote Originally Posted by ianCSzz View Post
    About infractions? Or FAQ?
    I might just add that into the first section.


    The problem with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism.

  12. #32
    Master Sorcerer Magicalfishy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Minnesota, USA.
    Posts
    6,439

    Default

    Wouldn't expect any less from you Jack.

    It looks like you're trying really hard to get a sticky. Good luck! C:



  13. #33
    Master Sorcerer Bejewled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    In A Black Hole
    Posts
    3,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bowe View Post
    Cheers.



    Which FAQ? As I am thinking of keeping this thread forum related, rather than game incorporated.



    I might just add that into the first section.
    Its on the blue bar, next to Private Messages and Calendar
    Quote Originally Posted by Solorien View Post
    I can't help it.. I have to mother everyone.
    But mom..

    My GrowTopian Info


    My Goals


    Awesome art of me by Chudy!


    #FireTemplar!🔥

  14. #34
    Master Sorcerer Jack Bowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    England!
    Posts
    4,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magicalfishy View Post
    Wouldn't expect any less from you Jack.

    It looks like you're trying really hard to get a sticky. Good luck! C:
    Not about the sticky.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bejewled View Post
    Its on the blue bar, next to Private Messages and Calendar
    I'll look into it for key points I could add, cheers!


    The problem with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism.

  15. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magicalfishy View Post
    Wouldn't expect any less from you Jack.

    It looks like you're trying really hard to get a sticky. Good luck! C:
    You're too afraid your nice boy rep is gonna get ruined if you actually express your opinions, so instead you take small jabs at people in small font.

    Magicalfishy is a coward C:

    This guide should get stickied in my opinion, I too had a lot of problems when I first started the forums.

  16. #36
    Master Sorcerer Jack Bowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    England!
    Posts
    4,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 9Life View Post
    You're too afraid your nice boy rep is gonna get ruined if you actually express your opinions, so instead you take small jabs at people in small font.

    Magicalfishy is a coward C:

    This guide should get stickied in my opinion, I too had a lot of problems when I first started the forums.
    Glad you now like the thread, I appreciate the positive feedback, from all of you.


    The problem with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism.

  17. #37
    Master Sorcerer Magicalfishy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Minnesota, USA.
    Posts
    6,439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 9Life View Post
    You're too afraid your nice boy rep is gonna get ruined if you actually express your opinions, so instead you take small jabs at people in small font.

    Magicalfishy is a coward C:

    This guide should get stickied in my opinion, I too had a lot of problems when I first started the forums.
    Well, this guide is very well written and much needed. However, I think as a moderator, it would be their job to create a thread like this and not a member. JackBowe has my respect as a friend and as someone who follows his work. I don't necessarily agree that this thread was useless or even "butt-kissing," but I did believe Jack was trying very hard to get a sticky, and he deserved it.

    I'm not trying to preserve my "nice boy rep" by "taking small jabs at people." It wasn't meant as a dissing statement, I was just saying how it really looked like he was trying and that he deserved it. I will always speak the truth, I don't sugarcoat or lie.



  18. #38
    Master Sorcerer |ThyLuigi|'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Alpha Centauri
    Posts
    8,191

    Default

    Bumping this for the sake of humanity.
    "It vexes me how veracious discussion actually devolved into what literally is nocuous as a brainwashed drove of cattle spamming the only two words in their vocabulary: forum game." - JOSHIE63, 2017

    ↓↓↓
    IGN:TheLuigi
    ↑↑↑

  19. #39
    Master Sorcerer Jack Bowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    England!
    Posts
    4,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magicalfishy View Post
    Well, this guide is very well written and much needed. However, I think as a moderator, it would be their job to create a thread like this and not a member. JackBowe has my respect as a friend and as someone who follows his work. I don't necessarily agree that this thread was useless or even "butt-kissing," but I did believe Jack was trying very hard to get a sticky, and he deserved it.

    I'm not trying to preserve my "nice boy rep" by "taking small jabs at people." It wasn't meant as a dissing statement, I was just saying how it really looked like he was trying and that he deserved it. I will always speak the truth, I don't sugarcoat or lie.
    Don't worry, Fishy, I didn't take any offense to it.

    I see your point - making a comprehensive guide, which takes hours of work would seem like a sticky would be in order - but that doesn't bother me, I can keep this thread alive for as long as it needs to be if it's not sticked, if it is sticked, then that'd be great, but that's not why I made the thread, I made it to help people, and make new forumers have an easier life.


    The problem with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism.

  20. #40
    Master Sorcerer |ThyLuigi|'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Alpha Centauri
    Posts
    8,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bowe View Post
    Thanks, ianCSzz!

    I have one post still reserved - thinking of turning it into a tips from experienced forumers kind of thing - if you have any tips to submit, or suggestions for a new section (might not even add one), just post below.
    Oooh, okay...

    Well, my advice to new forumers, and all forumers in general, is to keep your head on when you're arguing, and to try not to offend someone - if you don't, you'll get nowhere.
    "It vexes me how veracious discussion actually devolved into what literally is nocuous as a brainwashed drove of cattle spamming the only two words in their vocabulary: forum game." - JOSHIE63, 2017

    ↓↓↓
    IGN:TheLuigi
    ↑↑↑

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •