Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Forum Manual!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Magicalfishy View Post
    Well, this guide is very well written and much needed. However, I think as a moderator, it would be their job to create a thread like this and not a member. JackBowe has my respect as a friend and as someone who follows his work. I don't necessarily agree that this thread was useless or even "butt-kissing," but I did believe Jack was trying very hard to get a sticky, and he deserved it.

I'm not trying to preserve my "nice boy rep" by "taking small jabs at people." It wasn't meant as a dissing statement, I was just saying how it really looked like he was trying and that he deserved it. I will always speak the truth, I don't sugarcoat or lie
    Why put it in small font then?

Let's keep this thread drama free, guys.

Note: in the "BBCode" section - I am thinking of adding a spoiler containing all of the popular BBCodes, such as spoilers and hyperlinks - what do y'all think?

The problem with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bowe View Post
    Let's keep this thread drama free, guys.

Note: in the "BBCode" section - I am thinking of adding a spoiler containing all of the popular BBCodes, such as spoilers and hyperlinks - what do y'all think?
    Great idea, you got my support.

Master Sorcerer

Eh, pretty impressive thread. Took a look on every post you did and I can say is awesome for newbies who just joined a month ago, 2 weeks ago or right now. Answering your question above, I'd do so. Anyways, great work you did in this thread - hopefully, you'll make more and more threads like this. I am overwhelmed!

Quote Originally Posted by cristy19999 View Post
    Eh, pretty impressive thread. Took a look on every post you did and I can say is awesome for newbies who just joined a month ago, 2 weeks ago or right now. Answering your question above, I'd do so. Anyways, great work you did in this thread - hopefully, you'll make more and more threads like this. I am overwhelmed!
    Thanks, Chrystiano, I really appreciate the (positive) feedback - makes it all worthwhile knowing it could help new forumers.

The problem with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism.

This thread deserves to stay alive.

Btw, Jack come in-game.

Jack, I don't want to start an arguement or anything, but I don't find this thread necessary, I don't mean like new forumers totally don't need help, but it's better for us to find them, then for them to find us, what I think is more helpful is replying to their questions than to make a thread full of answers , unless you would want to call solorien or Seth to make this thread a sticky, otherwise I don't see a reason for this thread, I am not like scolding you neither am I throwing poop at you, it's just my way of thinking, if you are able to write this good guide, I don't see why u should not look for players who need help
    Goals:

1. 300/300 wls achieved
    2.300/3000 wls currently
    3. Focussed eyes 0/1
    4. p wings 0/1

Quote Originally Posted by ezereal View Post
    Jack, I don't want to start an arguement or anything, but I don't find this thread necessary, I don't mean like new forumers totally don't need help, but it's better for us to find them, then for them to find us, what I think is more helpful is replying to their questions than to make a thread full of answers , unless you would want to call solorien or Seth to make this thread a sticky, otherwise I don't see a reason for this thread, I am not like scolding you neither am I throwing poop at you, it's just my way of thinking, if you are able to write this good guide, I don't see why u should not look for players who need help
    I wouldn't find it as starting an argument - there will always be a clash of opinions and perspectives, that's what forums are for!

I don't need to call anyone to make it a sticky, this is like a reference point, if they think it's sticky worthy, they can do that. However, helping people on the forums would be much easier if I have a compilation of all the commands used, as, if anything pops up where someone wants to know how to do this, that and the other, I will always have this as a point of reference, to teach new forumers and to help them know what they're doing.

I've seen numerous people with this in their signature, and people approach me about it, which shows that the awareness of it can be widespread.
    Last edited by Jack Bowe; 07-13-2015 at 03:01 PM.

You should add that you can only send 3 private messages an hour.
    "It vexes me how veracious discussion actually devolved into what literally is nocuous as a brainwashed drove of cattle spamming the only two words in their vocabulary: forum game." - JOSHIE63, 2017

↓↓↓
    IGN:TheLuigi
    ↑↑↑

Quote Originally Posted by |ThyLuigi| View Post
    You should add that you can only send 3 private messages an hour.
    Cheers for the suggestion - added it.

Cheers for the suggestion - added it.
    Yey.

ekekmdmriekd
    "It vexes me how veracious discussion actually devolved into what literally is nocuous as a brainwashed drove of cattle spamming the only two words in their vocabulary: forum game." - JOSHIE63, 2017

↓↓↓
    IGN:TheLuigi
    ↑↑↑

Quote Originally Posted by |ThyLuigi| View Post
    Yey.

ekekmdmriekd
    - the thread is pretty much done now, just a matter of keeping it alive.

- the thread is pretty much done now, just a matter of keeping it alive.
    Congratulations on finishing this helpful thread! Free bump to keep it alive!

IGN: Johncracker

First WOTD:

Thread => MISSINGEGGS

Stop being so perfect, Jack. You are making us look bad. This thread is amazing.

Got it linked to my signature.
    Be the guiding light of people who are lost in the darkness.

Wotd Counter: 13
    Collaborated Wotd Counter: 13

Encountered a problem? Email support@growtopiagame.com

While i love how comprehensive your guide is, i think you should cut and edit to make it less lengthy because many players will be too lazy to read through the entire thing. Or make a short and simple guide with the main points, then link it to the more comprehensive guide for those who are willing to read through the comprehensive one. (Of course, try to encourage them to read the comprehensive one, but honestly most of them will go for the simple and straightforward one.)
    Old account:
    http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/member....-Sozes-Isbored

Mewmew ^~^

#MyItemMyPrice Read here to find out more ~~> http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showthr...-Item-My-Price

Goals: Lv 78/99

#RIPChristinaGrimmie, you will be missed.
    #RIP all victims of gun violence & terrorism.

Default Thanks!

This will defiantly help me in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroRarity View Post
    Got it linked to my signature.
    Thanks, Zero!

Quote Originally Posted by AidanDX View Post
    This will defiantly help me in the future.
    Glad to know, man!

Quote Originally Posted by BoredSozes View Post
    While i love how comprehensive your guide is, i think you should cut and edit to make it less lengthy because many players will be too lazy to read through the entire thing. Or make a short and simple guide with the main points, then link it to the more comprehensive guide for those who are willing to read through the comprehensive one. (Of course, try to encourage them to read the comprehensive one, but honestly most of them will go for the simple and straightforward one.)
    Whereas I partially agree with you, this is part of the reason I added pictures, you can grasp most things by the title and the pictures within it - if I shortened it down it'd be too vague to actually include EVERYTHING. And that is what this manual is intended for.

Thanks for the feedback, though, I'll consider writing a short version in my reserved post, if I get the time or don't want to save it for anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Toukiedatak View Post
    Hey maybe a tip for a more compact looking guide, when you are about to post something, scroll down to additional options and uncheck "show your signature"

That's in there, number 17 on the posting tools section! Can't believe I didn't use it, edited my posts!

Your a special forumer Jackbowe!