View Poll Results: What do you think about marriage equality being legalized nationwide!

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm for it! It was a great decision! (explain in reply)

79 78.22%
  • I'm against it. I don't think it was the greatest decision. (explain in reply)

22 21.78%
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Your thoughts on marriage equality?

Quote Originally Posted by Aly View Post
    To those who are against it, give me one reason why.
    It's against my religious beliefs and my own personal beliefs. Personally, I find that lifestyle distasteful. But that's my own preference, my opinion is insignificant towards another's passion.
    Somewhere...

Allies or no allies?

Quote Originally Posted by lolgal96 View Post
    That's not very nice
    Has a (---) person ever flirted with you? Has a (---) person ever tried to kiss your neck? Has that ever happened to you when you're a shy male? I doubt it. It's not that I hate their personalities in general. Everyone's different so yea but... You were born as a man/woman. Then why would you hit on the same gender? I'm really sorry if I offended you in any way but I just said what I wanted to say. Anyways back to the point. You weren't born to marry another person that's the same gender as you are. You can't reproduce by (------ ---) with a person from the same gender as male or as female unless you're trans-sexual. Still it's wrong. I'm not even into marrying a female myself nor do I care about them. Although I may have to since my family wants to but still. Living your life with someone, I have accepted. Living your life with someone in a lovey dovey way, I have accepted. Living your life with someone that is from the SAME gender in a lovey dovey way? Declined and will always decline.
    (っ^▿^)

Goals:

Get a best friend. (Tick)
    Sponsor an item with my name on it: (x)
    Get WOTD: (Tick)
    Make 20 of my friends rich: (x)
    I don't know how to put a tick. Sorry.

This here is for the new players. The Forum Rules is a must-read while the Forum Manual is really helpful instead.
    The Forum Manual (By Jack Bowe)
    Forum Rules (By Solorien)
    #200 token Giveaway

Quote Originally Posted by FrostxMC =^.^= View Post
    Has a (---) person ever flirted with you? Has a (---) person ever tried to kiss your neck? Has that ever happened to you when you're a shy male? I doubt it. It's not that I hate their personalities in general. Everyone's different so yea but... You were born as a man/woman. Then why would you hit on the same gender? I'm really sorry if I offended you in any way but I just said what I wanted to say. Anyways back to the point. You weren't born to marry another person that's the same gender as you are. You can't reproduce by (------ ---) with a person from the same gender as male or as female unless you're trans-sexual. Still it's wrong. I'm not even into marrying a female myself nor do I care about them. Although I may have to since my family wants to but still. Living your life with someone, I have accepted. Living your life with someone in a lovey dovey way, I have accepted. Living your life with someone that is from the SAME gender in a lovey dovey way? Declined and will always decline.
    Life is not just about reproducing (well biologically speaking it is). I believe the purpose of life is to do whatever the hell you want with whoever the hell you want. It doesn't matter what gender the person has, as long as you're happy.

If you want to marry someone with the same gender as you, please go ahead. No one should have any authority over that descision. Being homosexual is completely natural, it's not a choice and people who think otherwise should seriously consider reevaluating their beliefs.
    Greetings, strangers.

As long as one is just as happy like the other.

As long as they love each other for a long time with no regrets.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrikov
    You are already dead. This is hell.

Quote Originally Posted by 9Life View Post
    Let me guess, you picked no? It's pretty obvious.

- - - Updated - - -

This guy says he never sugarcoats, yet look what he is doing now? He is sugar coating the fact he disapproves of same-sex marriage, but I don't care about that.

What I do care about is you acting like you know everyone's fate and what's right and what's wrong.
    I'm not sugar coating. I believe that everybody deserves equality and that they can choose their own path. Christ instructs us to love one another, our job as humans isn't to judge, that's God's job.

This type of thread circulates around about every 6 months, and I'm pretty tired of getting involved. There are many blinded by the harsh currents of society, and its not worth getting into any foolish arguments. (Not that anything I say is argumentative!) And by the way, I didn't vote at all. Everyone has the freedom to have/express their own opinions/beliefs/statements, but always be prepared to face consequences for your actions.

With a keen eye for detail, one truth always prevails. Don't be fooled following society, have freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Toukiedatak View Post
    So youre saying there is no free will?
    No, there is definitely and obviously free will. I'm just saying when you are born, your gender or whatever else that makes you human has already been set in stone and if you want to change that, it's not possible. The closest thing you can get is to become an artificial opposite gender.

Quote Originally Posted by 26FtW26 View Post
    I don't believe in anything spiritual/godly, true. But, my parents are like 0.01% christian since my dad's mom is rly christian.
    She always tries to force her beliefs on me and she gets PISSED when I deny her beliefs. It's quite funny, actually. The only thing I believe in is freedom.
    I absolutely believe in freedom. However, the society and world we live in does not allow freedom. I have no faith or trust in any government or authority, I only serve one King with total freedom. One can only have true freedom under God. I simply play by His rules, which I completely agree with... I meant hey make total sense too! The Bible does not force anything on you, it just explains life's rules, our savior, and important history.

Oh well, you can't please everybody. I hope you all understand that I in absolutely no way hate ANYBODY. I believe unjustified hatred is wrong. Nobody should be hated on, everybody is human and we make mistakes, some of us clean up those mistakes, and some of us make even bigger mistakes.

In the end, every human is equal.
    Last edited by Magicalfishy; 06-28-2015 at 01:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tre View Post
    It used to be against the law to marry someone that wasn't the same race as you (such as Caucasian + African), that's what he meant

Also, I am totally for gay marriage. Happy to know that most people got on the right side of history.
    I know what he meant. It isn't the same.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Magicalfishy View Post
    But the thing is, I'm talking spiritual, not physical.

I believe you were born the gender you were born as for a reason, any attempt to change your fate originally given to you is wrong. I'm not going to hate on anybody for choosing to be gay, I mean it's their decision after all. I respect them as a person, I just don't agree with their way of life. Whatever you do, always be prepared to face the consequences, like I said you create your own fate.
    You stole the words from my mouth. This is exactly how I feel. Thumbs up
    ~MrQB~

Amazing Art by PannyFlan

Quote Originally Posted by BLYoshi View Post
    And it is quite peaceful, unless you choose to visit the drama subforum, or the General Chat subforum (with drama threads that should be placed in the drama subforum).

Quote Originally Posted by 9Life View Post
    Let me guess, you picked no? It's pretty obvious.

- - - Updated - - -

This guy says he never sugarcoats, yet look what he is doing now? He is sugar coating the fact he disapproves of same-sex marriage, but I don't care about that.

What I do care about is you acting like you know everyone's fate and what's right and what's wrong.
    He isn't sugarcoating he is staing his opinion more precisely so people like you don't get mad.
    And he isn't saying he knows everybody's fate, he said we all choose our fates. You didn't listen, did you?

Banned

yeah gays can marry thats okay

Quote Originally Posted by lolgal96 View Post
    That's not very nice
    Welcome to the real world, buddy. Not everything is sunshine and rainbows.
    ~MrQB~

Amazing Art by PannyFlan

Quote Originally Posted by BLYoshi View Post
    And it is quite peaceful, unless you choose to visit the drama subforum, or the General Chat subforum (with drama threads that should be placed in the drama subforum).

Religion. Religion, religion religion.

I'm Christian.

Four weapons of God: The sword, The judgement, The famine, and The disease.

God is TELLING US A MESSAGE.

Ebola is his weapon.
    Isis is his weapon.

Change. His message is CHANGE.
    IGN: ZeroStratos

The end is near

Quote Originally Posted by 26FtW26 View Post
    One doesn't just choose to be gay.
    This is to everybody who has said something along the lines of this /\

It is not that one doesn't choose to be gay, but one does not choose who they are sexually attracted to. It is not the best way to love, but yes, you can choose to straight.

For example, if it is against your beliefs, or you just don't want to be gay, or you don't like the idea, you can just do what Elsa does. Conceal, don't feel. Or if you are straight, and really want to, you can live life as if you were gay.

We can choose to be gay, but we can't choose what gender we are attracted to. This is also the reason I believe being gay was a lot less common the further we go back in history.

ISIS IS GOOD. IF YOU ARE A TRUE CHRISTIAN YOU WOULD UNDERSTAND.

The end is near

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FrostxMC =^.^= View Post
    I knew going into this thread was a bad idea. Now I hate the growtopian community even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Reballoo View Post
    This is to everybody who has said something along the lines of this /\

It is not that one doesn't choose to be gay, but one does not choose who they are sexually attracted to. It is not the best way to love, but yes, you can choose to straight.

For example, if it is against your beliefs, or you just don't want to be gay, or you don't like the idea, you can just do what Elsa does. Conceal, don't feel. Or if you are straight, and really want to, you can live life as if you were gay.

We can choose to be gay, but we can't choose what gender we are attracted to. This is also the reason I believe being gay was a lot less common the further we go back in history.

You can't choose to be gay, if I had a choice and knew how much pain it was I wouldn't want to be.

The reason why gay wasn't "common" back then was because being gay was punishible by DEATH.
    People who were gay were afraid of being rejected and kicked out of their homes by their parents!!

Imagine loving someone but your family tells you you're going to hell and disowning them.

Why would anyone choose that? Straight people like you just don't get it.

You can't choose to be gay, if I had a choice I wouldn't want to be. The reason why gay wasn't "common" was because being gay was punishible by DEATH.
    People who were gay were afraid of being rejected and kicked out of their homes by their parents!!

Imagine loving someone but your family tells you you're going to hell and disowning them.

Why would anyone choose that? Straight people like you just don't get it.
    Because being "Gay" is a practice of mongrels. No choice? That's cuz you don't ask God before going into relationships.

Men Are not created equal. Some are smarter. Some are stronger. Some are faster. Men were superior to women from the beginning of time. Adam was created before Eve.

I am racist and sexist. I discriminate. Because it is the truth of this world.

The end is near

Quote Originally Posted by lukj2001 View Post
    Because being "Gay" is a practice of mongrels. No choice? That's cuz you don't ask God before going into relationships.
    I don't believe in god lmao. BYE.

Fine fine. Then go be gay.

The end is near

Just because you don't believe in Him dosnt mean he doesn't exist. Lets say God is real, then my quote go into play. Whatever you do, be prepared to face the consequences to your actions. In your case, let's say the Bible is true and God is real. Just because you don't believe in Him or the Bible doesn't mean they are false. If you have the guts to tell God in the face that He doesn't exist, you better be prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by lukj2001 View Post
    Fine fine. Then go be gay.
    You can't tell me what to do when the law says it's legal, the world doesn't revolve around you sweet heart grow up

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Magicalfishy View Post
    Just because you don't believe in Him dosnt mean he doesn't exist. Lets say God is real, then my quote go into play. No matter what you do, ways be prepared to face the consequences. In your case, let's say the Bible is true and God is real. Just because you don't believe in Him or the Bible doesn't mean they are false.
    LOL, give me proof that god exists.