Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New FQ version, thoughts about FQ's future

Default Don't kill funeral quest!

I love this game way more than I loved Nexus War and Walking Dead. Please make it open source or allow people to get a one time license. Thanks!

Thanks so much for making FQ available! I really hope that whatever happens,
    everyone will be able to still play. It's such a great game!

I, too, have enjoyed the game and tournaments I have played in. I really hate to see this game go the way of many other short games (10 minute a day) go.

I would certainly not mind seeing ads in the game, if it meant we would still have the opportunity to continue to play.

Please find a way to let us kill and bury people, hehe.

Unhappy It's been fun.

Thank you for all of your time, effort and money.
    Also, thank you for giving us such a great game to play.
    I'm sad to see it end but hopefully it will come back new and better than ever. (?)

Default Oh noes

I'm really sad that Funeral Quest might not exist anymore.

I love playing this game. It's really creative and fun, not to mention easy to use. And it's been challenging which I love.

Thanks for making this game.
    Hopefully there will be a way for it to stay or come back.
    Thanks for the fun times!

Default Bummer!

I just "discovered" Funeral Quest at Filesponge and think it's a blast! I was bummed to hear that it's going away. especially just when I got to like it. I wanted to add my request to bring it back somehow.

Thanks!

Default I'm All Sad faced now

Sad Face this morning to get the notice that FQ might be buried.......

Angry Sad Day

There has to be something that can be done to save this. We have developed a sort of family and a release from reality. I haven't spoken to many of you but feel I know you. I really enjoyed playing an dwould like to see something or someone step in and save this. Anyway thanks Seth and I hope this isn't over.

Moroni

The passing of Funeral Quest is sad.

Please would you bring this game back? There is no other like it.

Thank you so much for writing and supporting Funeral Quest, I've had lots of fun playing the game and I've met some awesome people as a result of it. I hope you can figure out some way to keep the game alive, be it ads, or what have you.

I was, like, 13 when I stumbled upon this game, and it's just as creepy now as it was then. Man, I'm gunna miss this...

Oh, and IF you bring it back, could you add mor... hmmm... "customisables" for the player? I like to personalize my stuff, and it's hard to exude a personality with a name for you and the parlor only...

Anyway!
    FUNERAL QUEST FO-EVA!!!!
    "I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
    -Robert McCloskey

You BETTER bring this back... *stares at evil filesponge-ees menacingly*
    "I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
    -Robert McCloskey

Unhappy

I love FQ, it's the ONLY "me" time I get. I will understand if you let it go, but know you would crush this old woman if she never gets the chance to get her hands on one of them key chains.

Unhappy please fetch FQ back in 2009

Please pretty please fetch funeral quest back. I have really enjoyed playing this game.

Okay, I know I just posted... twice, but hear me out. Better tech and graphic and stuff is nice and all,but this is one of the only online games that plays well on a dial-up connection with whatever (what was it...?) "flashplayer" the company gives u. And, I'm pretty sure there's more than 4 of us, u know? Think on it.
    -Robert McCloskey

I just wanted to say that I love FQ and I really hope you find a way to let people still be able to play it.

Thanks for all the work you have put into the game. It really is my favorite game to play online!

Man this sucks I've been playing this game forever. I can see your dedication to it and it has many fans. I would urge you to open source it or let another group do a remake of it. Much like Legend of the Green Dragon did with LoRD. But it's your baby so I hope it doesn't die completely.

Default A Work Around?

Hey Seth,

Great game and we will definitely miss the game. I have a question. I noticed that in my player editor, I can take the deleted players and edit them for new players/old players and reinstitute them into the game. I had 94 users, and from my experimenting, though no new users can be added through the front end (because of the 8 player limit) I seem to be able to add players through the editor using the deleted players. It seems as if they can all log in too.

My question is would you be okay with that? This would keep the game going in some way while you make your decisions. We could post the link for the game and the e-mail for users to join here if you are okay with that.

Just thinking out loud.

Thanks

I had 94 users, and from my experimenting, though no new users can be added through the front end (because of the 8 player limit) I seem to be able to add players through the editor using the deleted players. It seems as if they can all log in too.
    Hmm, there should be a security thing that will stop anyone who is at a player index higher than 8 from logging on in that case. Are you sure it is letting them do that?
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Default Oops

You're right. I had edited one of the first 8 and didn't realize it. Oh well, it was worth a try.

Thanks
    Ken