Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New FQ version, thoughts about FQ's future

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    I've done a new version with some fixes and suggested
    I will of course honor the existing licenses, and if you are running a server that is going to expire soon, let me know and I'll tack on some time at no cost so you can comfortably finish your game or whatever.

I hope nobody is angry, and understands that this whole project (licensing a web game, etc) was very experimental in nature and subject to change.

I won't let FQ 'die' exactly, more on this as I figure it out. Any thoughts?
    If you are going to shelf FQ, PLEASE make funeral quest free to use for non-profit.

make it stand alone and not require connecting to a license server.

i know a lot of people who would lose their favorite game if FQ dies.

thanks,

Default Any updates?

Hey Seth, just wanted to check in to see if there were any updates on the FQ situation -- any plans to revive it? Hope all's going well for you.

My current project (an iPhone game) should be winding down soon, then my plan is to figure out something with FQ or at least put up a single large game or something like that.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    My current project (an iPhone game) should be winding down soon, then my plan is to figure out something with FQ or at least put up a single large game or something like that.
    Seth, on a non-FQ note: you have been doing games for mobile phones now for several years. Would you mind posting either here or on your blog the economics of the mobile phone as a game platform? How big is the market of mobile phone users that *buy* apps for their phone? Has this been more profitable for you personally than the PC game market? Why not target a console platform? Amazon appears to be getting in the game distribution racket, so why not target them?

Thanks,

--Joe

Well, I don't really know much about mobile games, the only one I personally released was "Reckless Thief" for the PocketPC some years back, the work I've been doing has been hired-gun/consultation programming for other companies mostly, so I'm not privy to the sales info.

But the pay has been great so they must be making a bundle. I hope to put our some of my own mobile stuff soon, it's hard to get noticed in the sea of stuff if you don't have a big name though.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Lesser Wizard

Default More business thoughts

Seth,

Have you looked at the way popcap.com monetizes their web games? It's interesting mix of banner ads and in-game stuff. This strikes me as an interesting model for games like FQ.

Just some unasked for brainstorming. :-D

So glad to see FQ is back -- although I do miss being able to visit the graveyard and dig. Can't do anything at the church or hospital, either -- any chance any of these options will be opening up anytime soon?

Default Server time on the current tornament?

Hi guys, does anyone know what time zone the server for the current game is in?

wondering when it ticks over to the next day

Hi guys, does anyone know what time zone the server for the current game is in?
    The server is running in Japan, it is GNT/UTC+9. A day is reset at midnight.

I do miss being able to visit the graveyard and dig. Can't do anything at the church or hospital, either -- any chance any of these options will be opening up anytime soon?
    These were written by third parties, it's very easy to throw off a game with a few balancing problems so I'll probably not mess with those, no time to babysit 'em.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Default I want to test my server help please

Im trying to test my server anybody want to play http://127.0.0.1/

Knight

Wink

On behalf of both me and HAWK ( no matter how many times she changes it lol...) That was an awesome change btw.. Us being able to name change.. that's the only positive though, Before you shut down what seems like an eternity ago on halloween... can't you bring back some of our faves? e.g. Rollover turns & graveyard digs for keys & tags Then it's worth going to the hospital to either give out cards.. Or go for a wander if you are fortunate enough to have found a key whilst digging in the graveyard... Happy days.. Also, whatever happened to the slot machines in Church? LOL Just a suggestion...