Thread: Android Dink & Controllers

Default Android Dink & Controllers

Let me just say, love Dink Smallwood. I got nostalgic for it recently, found out it was on android, bought it without hesitation, and I'm normally too Scottish to buy any app.

However, touch screen controls are the bane of my existence. I have an Xbox 360 controller (wireless) that I connect with my tablet, but the button mapping is lost on me, and I see no way to edit it. I figured out most of it, but there seems to be no button for the talk function.

I must seem to be the surliest Dink in the world, for I wander around town wordlessly punching people, but I'm misunderstood! I'm trying to communicate, but every attempt just leads to violence...

I can't find a way to remap buttons or anything. I understand this is an old game, but is there any intention of expanding that functionality? Or, alternatively, is there some guide as to the built in gamepad button map? At least then I could try some sort of third-party work around.

Thanks very much.

Quote Originally Posted by SamPhilter View Post
    Let me just say, love Dink Smallwood. I got nostalgic for it recently, found out it was on android, bought it without hesitation, and I'm normally too Scottish to buy any app.

However, touch screen controls are the bane of my existence. I have an Xbox 360 controller (wireless) that I connect with my tablet, but the button mapping is lost on me, and I see no way to edit it. I figured out most of it, but there seems to be no button for the talk function.

I must seem to be the surliest Dink in the world, for I wander around town wordlessly punching people, but I'm misunderstood! I'm trying to communicate, but every attempt just leads to violence...

I can't find a way to remap buttons or anything. I understand this is an old game, but is there any intention of expanding that functionality? Or, alternatively, is there some guide as to the built in gamepad button map? At least then I could try some sort of third-party work around.

Thanks very much.
    Hrm. Well, I'm not sure if you can map button up/down separately to keys with your controller setup, but if you can, you can map it to match the iCade. (Make sure you enable iCade inside of Dink)

iCade mappings are here: http://boards.openpandora.org/index....ping/?p=135050

Another way would be to mimick the XPeria control mapping. Here is the list here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...ntrols-mapping

I think 99 is punch, and 100 is magic, pause is 108, etc.

I hope you get it working, it really is better with a control pad!
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

according to my tests, 99 and 100 are both punch, 96 and 97 are both menu, 101 is menu AND close (for some reason) and its possible I don't entirely know what I'm talking about.

Is there a control list somewhere of either which codes are which actions, or which buttons on the xperia do what? I think if I had that, I could get everything working.