Thread: How to Build Clanlib documentation on FreeBSD?

Default How to Build Clanlib documentation on FreeBSD?

Hello, I have read the overview and what i could find about this, but cant get a answer
    I have installed clanlib 0.8 on freebsd. This package does not seem to include all the documentation so i downloaded the documentation zip and unpacked it in my home directory. Now each folder has a makefile so i went in the parent directory and simply typed 'make install', but i get:
    make: don't know how to make ../configure.ac. stop

Can someone explain how i should go about building all the documentation? Or if it is installed - the directory that it should be in (i have searched the /usr/share/doc - but nothing is there for clanlib.

Thanks

ClanLib Developer

The documentation you can download as a zip file is built from the normal source code distribution.

If you want to build the documentation yourself on a unix system, download the normal source version of ClanLib. Then run configure with --enable-docs or something like that, then type 'make' and when its done the documentation should be located in the sub folders of the Documentation folder. It has been too long since I've done this myself, so I don't know if 'make install' copy those files to /usr/doc or not - I guess you could try.

The requirements to build the documentation is to have perl and some xslt package installed for ClanLib-0.8, and for ClanLib-0.9 you need doxygen installed instead of perl.
    Last edited by Judas; 08-13-2008 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Some typos