Thread: draw surface onto another surface before drawing portion to the screen

Knight
    I looked through my window, there are no signs ... but, its definitely planet Earth.

Default draw surface onto another surface before drawing portion to the screen

I find documentation frustrating. I'm trying to build a game and each level will have large 2D map that will scroll from bottom to the top or from right to left. I'm looking a way to first build the map (hopefully something like CL_Surface?) from a combination of smaller surfaces and sprites that will occur more than once on the map surface. The map would be like a chess board, but with more types of smaller and different sprites and surfaces forming it. The problem with ClanLib is that I don't find a way to draw one surface onto another. In my case, tile surface or tile animated sprite, should go onto map surface while level is initiated and then a portion of map surface should go to the screen. The thing is that all surfaces and sprites can only be drawn to the screen. Can you help? Can surface be a graphical context for another surface and how to do this?

Knight
    I looked through my window, there are no signs ... but, its definitely planet Earth.

I managed to find the answer on your board, with PixelBuffer and how to get dc to draw onto. Thanks.

Knight

Seems like I'm talking to myself, you should probably delete this whole topic. Sorry!