Thread: post-mortem for MinGW

Knight
    I looked through my window, there are no signs ... but, its definitely planet Earth.

Default post-mortem for MinGW

Hello,

Will you implement post-mortem debugging for MinGW in future releases? I'm using ClanLib 8.1 with Code::Blocks 8 and MinGW 3.4.5

ClanLib Developer

How would you implement that ?

I will be testing ClanLib 0.9 (2.0) using mingw in the future, so any info would be useful

Knight
    I looked through my window, there are no signs ... but, its definitely planet Earth.

I understand now, that post-mortem reporting is something that is present just in the microsoft's library and can't be used in any other. I'm not familiar with their compiler, so I don't understand how that works. I'm also average in c++, but something that can store stack info to know where crash happened would be very useful.

You're the developer, I'm just trying to make a game using your library. Its going slowly, but going

ClanLib Developer

Quote Originally Posted by alexv1 View Post
    [snip] but something that can store stack info to know where crash happened would be very useful.
    That exists on ClanLib 0.9. If I remember correctly, the basic2d example contains an example of how to use it - It displays the stack trace of a CL_Exception. It works using GCC (Linux) and Visual Studio (Windows)

I do not know Clanlib 0.8, so I don't know if it is capable of doing it.

Maybe someone else knows

Knight

I looked in 0.8.1 examples, but was not able to find it. There's example called NetFTP, which cout the request to submit back-trace/stack-trace to you if the app crashes, if I understood correctly .. but that's it. There's only CL_Error in 0.8.1, no CL_Exception. That's why after all those lines of code I'm not able to switch to 0.9, there are literally thousands of lines of code I wrote so far, some 30 classes.