Thread: Linear Particle for Clanlib 2.0

Lesser Knight

Default Linear Particle for Clanlib 2.0

Finally I've decided to release my own port of linear particle to clanlib 2.0.

The following zip archive contains the modified source code of linear particle 0.51 converted to clanlib 2.0.

Please read Note.txt for a mini guide on upgrading. Also check out the examples.

Credit goes to galaxist, the creator of linear particle.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	circle.PNG 
Views:	49 
Size:	60.8 KB 
ID:	309   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	circle2.PNG 
Views:	57 
Size:	101.5 KB 
ID:	310   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	motion2.PNG 
Views:	61 
Size:	202.1 KB 
ID:	312   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	staticball.PNG 
Views:	59 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	313  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by huntercool; 06-21-2009 at 11:10 AM. Reason: uploaded attachment

Squire

Thumbs up Hooray!

You are a good man huntercool. Thank you and galaxist.
    I'm off to heaven on a golden chariot!

ClanLib Developer

Awesome

Lesser Knight

Smile down!

I use this on clanlib0.80,I find that if a parameter(time aspect) set can let windows down,just os die.Can you give me some advices to set parameter.
    And use it diffcult,I mean the API is diffcult to use.
    finally,thank you for you open this.

Is there any chance a MingW prebuilt version of this could be released? It would save people (including me) a lot of trouble trying to integrate this into their projects.

OMG! Link does not work!! Whooaayy??

Lesser Knight

fixed

I want to run an example but the compiler sends me lot of linker errors..

have a look:

Code:
    1>msmall.obj : error LNK2019: Verweis auf nicht aufgelöstes externes Symbol ""public: static void __cdecl L_ParticleSystem::deinit(void)" (?deinit@L_ParticleSystem@@SAXXZ)" in Funktion ""private: __thiscall LinearParticle_Example::LinearParticle_Example(void)" (??0LinearParticle_Example@@AAE@XZ)".
    1>msmall.obj : error LNK2019: Verweis auf nicht aufgelöstes externes Symbol ""public: void __thiscall GFrameHandler::calculate(void)" (?calculate@GFrameHandler@@QAEXXZ)" in Funktion ""private: __thiscall LinearParticle_Example::LinearParticle_Example(void)" (??0LinearParticle_Example@@AAE@XZ)".
    1>msmall.obj : error LNK2019: Verweis auf nicht aufgelöstes externes Symbol ""public: int __thiscall L_ParticleEffect::get_particle_num(void)" (?get_particle_num@L_ParticleEffect@@QAEHXZ)" in Funktion ""private: __thiscall LinearParticle_Example::LinearParticle_Example(void)" (??0LinearParticle_Example@@AAE@XZ)".
    1>msmall.obj : error LNK2019: Verweis auf nicht aufgelöstes externes Symbol ""public: int __thiscall GFrameHandler::get_fps(void)const " (?get_fps@GFrameHandler@@QBEHXZ)" in Funktion ""private: __thiscall LinearParticle_Example::LinearParticle_Example(void)" (??0LinearParticle_Example@@AAE@XZ)".
    1>msmall.obj : error LNK2019: Verweis auf nicht aufgelöstes externes Symbol ""public: void __thiscall L_ParticleEffect::set_position(float,float)" (?set_position@L_ParticleEffect@@QAEXMM@Z)" in Funktion ""private: __thiscall LinearParticle_Example::LinearParticle_Example(void)" (??0LinearParticle_Example@@AAE@XZ)".
    I just using VC++ 2008 express, all files are linked , i use same options as i compile my other clanlib work

someone an idea ?

(i hope you understand my english )

Quote Originally Posted by xenus View Post
    I want to run an example but the compiler sends me lot of linker errors..

have a look:

Code:
    1>msmall.obj : error LNK2019: Verweis auf nicht aufgelöstes externes Symbol ""public: static void __cdecl L_ParticleSystem::deinit(void)" (?deinit@L_ParticleSystem@@SAXXZ)" in Funktion ""private: __thiscall LinearParticle_Example::LinearParticle_Example(void)" (??0LinearParticle_Example@@AAE@XZ)".
    1>msmall.obj : error LNK2019: Verweis auf nicht aufgelöstes externes Symbol ""public: void __thiscall GFrameHandler::calculate(void)" (?calculate@GFrameHandler@@QAEXXZ)" in Funktion ""private: __thiscall LinearParticle_Example::LinearParticle_Example(void)" (??0LinearParticle_Example@@AAE@XZ)".
    1>msmall.obj : error LNK2019: Verweis auf nicht aufgelöstes externes Symbol ""public: int __thiscall L_ParticleEffect::get_particle_num(void)" (?get_particle_num@L_ParticleEffect@@QAEHXZ)" in Funktion ""private: __thiscall LinearParticle_Example::LinearParticle_Example(void)" (??0LinearParticle_Example@@AAE@XZ)".
    1>msmall.obj : error LNK2019: Verweis auf nicht aufgelöstes externes Symbol ""public: int __thiscall GFrameHandler::get_fps(void)const " (?get_fps@GFrameHandler@@QBEHXZ)" in Funktion ""private: __thiscall LinearParticle_Example::LinearParticle_Example(void)" (??0LinearParticle_Example@@AAE@XZ)".
    1>msmall.obj : error LNK2019: Verweis auf nicht aufgelöstes externes Symbol ""public: void __thiscall L_ParticleEffect::set_position(float,float)" (?set_position@L_ParticleEffect@@QAEXMM@Z)" in Funktion ""private: __thiscall LinearParticle_Example::LinearParticle_Example(void)" (??0LinearParticle_Example@@AAE@XZ)".
    I just using VC++ 2008 express, all files are linked , i use same options as i compile my other clanlib work

someone an idea ?

(i hope you understand my english )
    You compiled the GFramaHandler?? I will try to build this in vs9 too, hope it works

PD: nah I couldn't, if someone do knows how to make this project in vs say, or at least share the binaries plix
    Last edited by vladimirdlc; 07-26-2009 at 09:50 PM. Reason: pd

Does someone knows now ?

Or can someone make a .dll file so that i can use this ?

the examples don't work for me, when i run it, it close and show the command line windows saying "Press any key to close this console window"
    I run it in Windows XP SP3

I made it! Yataa! with clanlib 2.0.2 and vs 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by orgos View Post
    the examples don't work for me, when i run it, it close and show the command line windows saying "Press any key to close this console window"
    I run it in Windows XP SP3
    Do your computer support GL1? In my neither did run the examples but I think was becouse of that, or maybe for the media files.

Anyway, I'm so happy that when I could build finally correctly the libraries I will upload it so you people with windows could use it as well, but now I will go to sleep z_z

xenus, maybe a little late but that error was probably becouse of the linking or the lack of libraries...

Lesser Knight

Well done!

Post the stuff so we can all use it

sure sure, here it is now recompiled and tested in Clanlib 2.1.0, got some warnings but works fine.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Smile Thank you!

Thank you both huntercool and vladimirdlc!
    Special thanks to galaxist for making Linear Particle initially!
    An certainly not least, extra special thanks to all of the ClanLib developers past, present and yet to come that make this all possible in the first place! (=

Thanks to huntercool and vladimirdlc.
    I have been looking for this

ClanLib Developer

The linear particle code can now be found in the Examples/Display/Particle in ClanLib 2.2 (When released)