Thread: CL_Display

Lesser Knight

Default CL_Display

Hi, I'm trying to modify some code that used the old clanlib to 2.0.2 version, but I don't know if the static CL_Display that I used to access my main window is still valid...
    Searching through the code I've seen that CL_Display only lets you get a DisplayTarget, that guides me to a getter of a DisplayTargetProvider, that is not what I'm looking for, I suspect...any idea?

Thanks!

ClanLib Developer

We're not using as much static functions in 2.0 as in 0.8/1.0. Most of the functions in the now-dead CL_Display you will find on the DisplayWindow you create, and its GraphicContext. There is also a helper class (that actually has static functions) called CL_Draw that lets you draw primitives.

Basically, we encourage you to pass around the GraphicContext instead of our previous version where you accessed static functions in CL_Display.

Feel free to ask more questions about porting! I'm afraid there isn't a porting guide between 1.0 and 2.0, but looking at the examples folder should give some clue how we mean the API to be used now. Most of the stuff should be familiar if you're a 1.0 user.

Btw, does this mean that Galley Battles is back in production?

Lesser Knight

Thanks for the help, probably I will be making some other questions about the library...I'm really glad that ClanLib is receiving so much effort these days because it is a wonderful project.

About Galley Battles well...finally I've finished my PhD thesis so now I'll try to end the game, let's see if I can success

Thanks again!