Thread: Trying to compile ClanLib 8.0 in Visual Studio 6.0

Default Trying to compile ClanLib 8.0 in Visual Studio 6.0

Hey

I have to compile a project from a friend, that uses clan lib 8.0, and Im supossed to do so in Visual Studio 6.0.

After installing Visual Studio 6.0 and following the tutorials I managed to run the clanlib configure wizard, but now I got 850 error(s) when I tried to compile clanCore.

The tutorial says, regarding the external dependences needed by clanlib:
    "Unfortunately none of our main developers use Visual Studio 6.0 anymore, so if you use that version of Visual Studio you will have to compile the dependency libraries yourself.

After you downloaded the binaries, install these libraries in a directory. Remember which one, because you need to enter that information in the next section."

My first question, Exactly which dependecies and which versions of each Do I need in order to compile ClanLib 8.0 ?

Is there a precompiled ClanLib 8.0 somewhere so I can use It in Visual Studio 6.0 ?

Can I use an already precompiled and new versions of Clanlib instead ?

Thanks in advance.

Edit:
    Also:
    "You also need to install the latest version of DirectX:

* February 2007 DirectX SDK
    "

The latest Direct X SDK wont give me troubles with ClanLib 8.0 ?, or do I need an older version ?

Thanks again.

ClanLib Developer

I would be very surprised if Visual Studio 6 worked with clanlib 2.0. It "may" work with clanlib 1.0 though.

Why not download Visual Studio Express Edition, it's free http://www.microsoft.com/express/

That would be ideal, but I have to compile the game with Visual Studio 6.0, I guess that I must compile ClanLib with It as well.

The game I'm trying to compile uses ClanLib 8.0, will It work with a newer version ?

I guess that I have to compile each dependency in Visual Studio 6.0, and try to compile ClanLib then. The most recent version of each of those will do ?, Or do I need older versions to work with ClanLib 8.0

If I compile ClanLib 8.0 with a newer versión of Visual Studio..the resulting libraries will work in a game compiled inside Visual Studio 6.0 ?

ClanLib Developer

There are some old precompiled external libs under

http://clanlib.org/download-binaries-win32-vc70.html

Quote Originally Posted by sphair View Post
    There are some old precompiled external libs under

http://clanlib.org/download-binaries-win32-vc70.html
    Those were the libs I used.

I'm attaching a file with my errors, maybe someone could take a look and suggest me a solution.

Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

ClanLib Developer

Unfortunately not even those are old enough, sphair.

The externals needed for VS 6.0 are the same as needed for any newer version of the compiler: zlib, DirectX, libjpg, libpng and so on.

If the game was written up against ClanLib 0.8, it will most likely work with a ClanLib 1.0 version as well. However, depending on how old a version of 0.8 it used, the 1.0 version may not compile in VS 6.0 - we don't really know since it depends if someone added some code that confuses that compiler or not.

About our DirectX requirements, we have no great requirement that it must be the latest'n'greatest. In fact, we use only DirectInput from DirectX and probably any version newer than DX 8 will work just fine.

In the same way with the Platform SDK, we do not require any particular new version. But Visual Studio 6.0 is very old - it was released in 1998. So you do need to download and install some platform SDK for it since the original version shipped with the compiler predates Windows 2000 which we do use some function calls for. Once again, my memory of this is very distant (its been 8 years since I used that compiler!) so I cannot remember anymore what exactly fails to compile with an outdated platform SDK.

Are you sure this game depends so greatly on this version of Visual C++ that it cannot be ported to a newer version with less effort than building 5 dependency libraries and downloading for 1.5 gigabytes of software updates for VS 6.0?

In any case, if you paste the errors you get, we might be able to give you better hints on what the cause of those errors are. Right now the only thing we know is that you say it doesn't compile.

ClanLib Developer

OK I noticed you did indeed post a html file with the errors. After looking at them I believe there are two possible reasons for this error:

1. You did not apply all patches and service packs for VS 6.0. This includes the updates to the STL headers at http://www.dinkumware.com/vc_fixes.html
    2. Something in VC 6.0 needs an extra STL include or an include of the type being used as template parameter. I.e. try add #include <vector> or try include the header file of whatever type its using in the <> for the template in ClanLib

If its none of the above I'm afraid I have no idea why it breaks like this. Once again, are you sure you absolutely need such an old version of the compiler?

Hey, thanks for Your help, the errors are now drasticly reduced.

Right now I have an final error while trying to compile clanGui:

Code:
    C:\Archivos de programa\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\utility(21) : error C2857: '#include' statement specified with the /YcGUI\precomp.h command-line option was not found in the source file
    Error executing cl.exe.

clanGUI-static-mt-debug.lib - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
    Every other component of ClanLib compiled ( yahoo!).

Edit: Solved the error thanks to this thread:
    http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1332
    Last edited by antikhaoz; 07-15-2009 at 02:53 PM.

Now I have this error when trying to compile the game that uses ClanLib:

Code:
    Error executing cl.exe.
     .... CLANLIB\INCLUDE\ClanLib\Display\keys.h(177): Could not find the file Carbon/carbon.h.
     .... CLANLIB\INCLUDE\ClanLib\Display\keys.h(352): Could not find the file X11/keysym.h.
    Any Idea ?, Thanks in advance.

Edit:

And this error, that I guess that's not related to ClanLib at all, but I can't figure out.

Code:
    LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file ".\$(ConfigurationName)\myClass.obj"
    Error executing link.exe.
    Also, I want to thank all You for the effective and fast answers, I'm not a ClanLib programmer and I only have programmed with SDL and allegro in the past for fun, but with this kind of good support from the community I will give a try to ClanLib in my own projects ( and I will use a recent version of Visual Studio this time, jejeje).
    Last edited by antikhaoz; 07-15-2009 at 04:00 PM.

ClanLib Developer

Quote Originally Posted by antikhaoz View Post
    Code:
    Error executing cl.exe.
     .... CLANLIB\INCLUDE\ClanLib\Display\keys.h(177): Could not find the file Carbon/carbon.h.
     .... CLANLIB\INCLUDE\ClanLib\Display\keys.h(352): Could not find the file X11/keysym.h.
    It looks like your project is missing the WIN32 define (See http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2706 )

Hey.

I decided to create again a new project with the existing source code. I included the external libs and clanlib like the last time, but seems like they're not being included this time. I'm getting this errors:

Code:
    Linking...
    LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib "LIBCMTD" conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
    Level.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: char const * __thiscall TiXmlElement::GetText(void)const " (?GetText@TiXmlElement@@QBEPBDXZ)
    Level.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: bool __thiscall TiXmlDocument::LoadFile(enum TiXmlEncoding)" (?LoadFile@TiXmlDocument@@QAE_NW4TiXmlEncoding@@@Z)
    User.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: bool __thiscall TiXmlDocument::LoadFile(enum TiXmlEncoding)" (?LoadFile@TiXmlDocument@@QAE_NW4TiXmlEncoding@@@Z)
    Level.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall TiXmlDocument::TiXmlDocument(char const *)" (??0TiXmlDocument@@QAE@PBD@Z)
    User.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall TiXmlDocument::TiXmlDocument(char const *)" (??0TiXmlDocument@@QAE@PBD@Z)
    Level.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: class TiXmlElement const * __thiscall TiXmlNode::NextSiblingElement(void)const " (?NextSiblingElement@TiXmlNode@@QBEPBVTiXmlElement@@XZ)
    Level.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: class TiXmlElement const * __thiscall TiXmlNode::FirstChildElement(char const *)const " (?FirstChildElement@TiXmlNode@@QBEPBVTiXmlElement@@PBD@Z)
    User.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: class TiXmlElement const * __thiscall TiXmlNode::FirstChildElement(char const *)const " (?FirstChildElement@TiXmlNode@@QBEPBVTiXmlElement@@PBD@Z)
    User.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: bool __thiscall TiXmlDocument::SaveFile(void)const " (?SaveFile@TiXmlDocument@@QBE_NXZ)
    User.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall TiXmlElement::SetAttribute(char const *,char const *)" (?SetAttribute@TiXmlElement@@QAEXPBD0@Z)
    User.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: char const * __thiscall TiXmlElement::Attribute(char const *)const " (?Attribute@TiXmlElement@@QBEPBDPBD@Z)
    libogg-static-mt-debug.lib(bitwise.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_CheckEsp
    libvorbis-static-mt-debug.lib(floor1.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_CheckEsp
    libvorbis-static-mt-debug.lib(floor0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_CheckEsp
    libvorbis-static-mt-debug.lib(lsp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_CheckEsp
    libogg-static-mt-debug.lib(framing.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_CheckEsp
    libvorbis-static-mt-debug.lib(mdct.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_CheckEsp
    libvorbis-static-mt-debug.lib(codebook.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_CheckEsp
    libvorbis-static-mt-debug.lib(mapping0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_CheckEsp
    libvorbis-static-mt-debug.lib(res0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_CheckEsp
    libvorbis-static-mt-debug.lib(envelope.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_CheckEsp
    libvorbis-static-mt-debug.lib(psy.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_CheckEsp
    libvorbis-static-mt-debug.lib(sharedbook.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_CheckEsp
    libvorbis-static-mt-debug.lib(smallft.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_CheckEsp
    libvorbis-static-mt-debug.lib(block.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_CheckEsp
    libvorbis-static-mt-debug.lib(info.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_CheckEsp
    libvorbis-static-mt-debug.lib(synthesis.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_CheckEsp
    libvorbis-static-mt-debug.lib(bitrate.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_CheckEsp
    zlib-static-mt-debug.lib(inflate.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_CheckEsp
    zlib-static-mt-debug.lib(zutil.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_CheckEsp
    zlib-static-mt-debug.lib(trees.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_CheckEsp
    zlib-static-mt-debug.lib(compress.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_CheckEsp
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngwtran.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_CheckEsp
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngrutil.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_CheckEsp
    zlib-static-mt-debug.lib(deflate.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_CheckEsp
    zlib-static-mt-debug.lib(crc32.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_CheckEsp
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngerror.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_CheckEsp
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngwio.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_CheckEsp
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngmem.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_CheckEsp
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngtrans.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_CheckEsp
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngread.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_CheckEsp
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngget.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_CheckEsp
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngrtran.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_CheckEsp
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngwutil.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_CheckEsp
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngwrite.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_CheckEsp
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngset.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_CheckEsp
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(png.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_CheckEsp
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngrio.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_CheckEsp
    libogg-static-mt-debug.lib(framing.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown
    libogg-static-mt-debug.lib(bitwise.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown
    libvorbis-static-mt-debug.lib(res0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown
    libvorbis-static-mt-debug.lib(floor1.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown
    libvorbis-static-mt-debug.lib(floor0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown
    libvorbis-static-mt-debug.lib(lsp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown
    libvorbis-static-mt-debug.lib(lpc.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown
    libvorbis-static-mt-debug.lib(window.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown
    libvorbis-static-mt-debug.lib(codebook.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown
    libvorbis-static-mt-debug.lib(mapping0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown
    libvorbis-static-mt-debug.lib(psy.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown
    libvorbis-static-mt-debug.lib(sharedbook.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown
    libvorbis-static-mt-debug.lib(smallft.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown
    libvorbis-static-mt-debug.lib(mdct.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown
    libvorbis-static-mt-debug.lib(info.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown
    libvorbis-static-mt-debug.lib(synthesis.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown
    libvorbis-static-mt-debug.lib(bitrate.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown
    libvorbis-static-mt-debug.lib(envelope.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown
    zlib-static-mt-debug.lib(compress.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown
    zlib-static-mt-debug.lib(inffast.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown
    zlib-static-mt-debug.lib(inftrees.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown
    libvorbis-static-mt-debug.lib(block.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown
    zlib-static-mt-debug.lib(inflate.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown
    zlib-static-mt-debug.lib(zutil.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown
    zlib-static-mt-debug.lib(adler32.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown
    zlib-static-mt-debug.lib(trees.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngwtran.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngrutil.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown
    zlib-static-mt-debug.lib(deflate.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown
    zlib-static-mt-debug.lib(crc32.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngerror.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngwio.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngmem.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngtrans.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngread.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngget.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngrtran.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngwutil.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngwrite.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngset.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(png.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngrio.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown
    libogg-static-mt-debug.lib(framing.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase
    libogg-static-mt-debug.lib(bitwise.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase
    libvorbis-static-mt-debug.lib(res0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase
    libvorbis-static-mt-debug.lib(floor1.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase
    libvorbis-static-mt-debug.lib(floor0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase
    libvorbis-static-mt-debug.lib(lsp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase
    libvorbis-static-mt-debug.lib(lpc.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase
    libvorbis-static-mt-debug.lib(window.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase
    libvorbis-static-mt-debug.lib(codebook.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase
    libvorbis-static-mt-debug.lib(mapping0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase
    libvorbis-static-mt-debug.lib(psy.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase
    libvorbis-static-mt-debug.lib(sharedbook.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase
    libvorbis-static-mt-debug.lib(smallft.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase
    libvorbis-static-mt-debug.lib(mdct.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase
    libvorbis-static-mt-debug.lib(info.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase
    libvorbis-static-mt-debug.lib(synthesis.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase
    libvorbis-static-mt-debug.lib(bitrate.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase
    libvorbis-static-mt-debug.lib(envelope.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase
    zlib-static-mt-debug.lib(compress.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase
    zlib-static-mt-debug.lib(inffast.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase
    zlib-static-mt-debug.lib(inftrees.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase
    libvorbis-static-mt-debug.lib(block.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase
    zlib-static-mt-debug.lib(inflate.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase
    zlib-static-mt-debug.lib(zutil.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase
    zlib-static-mt-debug.lib(adler32.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase
    zlib-static-mt-debug.lib(trees.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngwtran.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngrutil.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase
    zlib-static-mt-debug.lib(deflate.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase
    zlib-static-mt-debug.lib(crc32.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngerror.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngwio.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngmem.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngtrans.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngread.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngget.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngrtran.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngwutil.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngwrite.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngset.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(png.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngrio.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase
    libogg-static-mt-debug.lib(framing.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol @_RTC_CheckStackVars@8
    libvorbis-static-mt-debug.lib(mapping0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol @_RTC_CheckStackVars@8
    libvorbis-static-mt-debug.lib(res0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol @_RTC_CheckStackVars@8
    libvorbis-static-mt-debug.lib(floor1.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol @_RTC_CheckStackVars@8
    libvorbis-static-mt-debug.lib(lsp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol @_RTC_CheckStackVars@8
    libvorbis-static-mt-debug.lib(synthesis.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol @_RTC_CheckStackVars@8
    libvorbis-static-mt-debug.lib(envelope.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol @_RTC_CheckStackVars@8
    libvorbis-static-mt-debug.lib(psy.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol @_RTC_CheckStackVars@8
    libvorbis-static-mt-debug.lib(sharedbook.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol @_RTC_CheckStackVars@8
    zlib-static-mt-debug.lib(compress.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol @_RTC_CheckStackVars@8
    zlib-static-mt-debug.lib(inffast.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol @_RTC_CheckStackVars@8
    zlib-static-mt-debug.lib(inftrees.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol @_RTC_CheckStackVars@8
    libvorbis-static-mt-debug.lib(info.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol @_RTC_CheckStackVars@8
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngrutil.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol @_RTC_CheckStackVars@8
    zlib-static-mt-debug.lib(crc32.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol @_RTC_CheckStackVars@8
    zlib-static-mt-debug.lib(inflate.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol @_RTC_CheckStackVars@8
    zlib-static-mt-debug.lib(trees.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol @_RTC_CheckStackVars@8
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngwutil.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol @_RTC_CheckStackVars@8
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngerror.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol @_RTC_CheckStackVars@8
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngmem.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol @_RTC_CheckStackVars@8
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngwtran.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol @_RTC_CheckStackVars@8
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngwrite.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol @_RTC_CheckStackVars@8
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(png.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol @_RTC_CheckStackVars@8
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngread.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol @_RTC_CheckStackVars@8
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngrtran.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol @_RTC_CheckStackVars@8
    libjpeg-static-mt-debug.lib(jidctflt.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __ftol2
    libvorbis-static-mt-debug.lib(res0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __ftol2
    libvorbis-static-mt-debug.lib(floor1.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __ftol2
    libvorbis-static-mt-debug.lib(floor0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __ftol2
    libjpeg-static-mt-debug.lib(jcdctmgr.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __ftol2
    libvorbis-static-mt-debug.lib(bitrate.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __ftol2
    libvorbis-static-mt-debug.lib(psy.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __ftol2
    libvorbis-static-mt-debug.lib(sharedbook.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __ftol2
    libvorbis-static-mt-debug.lib(mdct.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __ftol2
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngwrite.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __ftol2
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngset.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __ftol2
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngrtran.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __ftol2
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngwutil.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __ftol2
    libvorbis-static-mt-debug.lib(info.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___security_cookie
    libvorbis-static-mt-debug.lib(info.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol @__security_check_cookie@4
    libvorbis-static-mt-debug.lib(psy.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_UninitUse
    libvorbis-static-mt-debug.lib(mapping0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_UninitUse
    clanDisplay-static-mt-debug.lib(display_window_win32.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _CLSID_DirectInput8
    clanDisplay-static-mt-debug.lib(display_window_win32.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _IID_IDirectInput8A
    Debug/erMania.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 18 unresolved externals

game.exe - 177 error(s), 108 warning(s)
    The main problem seems to be indicated by the first line:
    Code:
    LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib "LIBCMTD" conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
    Thanks for Your patience.

No success.

I tried to compile one of the examples to see if Clanlib worked, the Pacman one, and i got a ton of errors:

Code:
    Linking...
    zlib-static-mt-debug.lib(crc32.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_CheckEsp
    zlib-static-mt-debug.lib(zutil.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_CheckEsp
    zlib-static-mt-debug.lib(trees.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_CheckEsp
    zlib-static-mt-debug.lib(compress.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_CheckEsp
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngwtran.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_CheckEsp
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngrutil.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_CheckEsp
    zlib-static-mt-debug.lib(inflate.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_CheckEsp
    zlib-static-mt-debug.lib(deflate.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_CheckEsp
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngerror.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_CheckEsp
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngwio.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_CheckEsp
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngmem.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_CheckEsp
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngtrans.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_CheckEsp
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngread.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_CheckEsp
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngget.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_CheckEsp
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngrtran.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_CheckEsp
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngwutil.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_CheckEsp
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngwrite.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_CheckEsp
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngset.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_CheckEsp
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(png.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_CheckEsp
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngrio.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_CheckEsp
    zlib-static-mt-debug.lib(adler32.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown
    zlib-static-mt-debug.lib(trees.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown
    zlib-static-mt-debug.lib(compress.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown
    zlib-static-mt-debug.lib(crc32.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown
    zlib-static-mt-debug.lib(zutil.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown
    zlib-static-mt-debug.lib(inffast.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown
    zlib-static-mt-debug.lib(inftrees.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngwtran.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngrutil.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown
    zlib-static-mt-debug.lib(inflate.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown
    zlib-static-mt-debug.lib(deflate.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngerror.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngwio.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngmem.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngtrans.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngread.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngget.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngrtran.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngwutil.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngwrite.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngset.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(png.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngrio.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown
    zlib-static-mt-debug.lib(adler32.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase
    zlib-static-mt-debug.lib(trees.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase
    zlib-static-mt-debug.lib(compress.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase
    zlib-static-mt-debug.lib(crc32.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase
    zlib-static-mt-debug.lib(zutil.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase
    zlib-static-mt-debug.lib(inffast.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase
    zlib-static-mt-debug.lib(inftrees.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngwtran.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngrutil.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase
    zlib-static-mt-debug.lib(inflate.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase
    zlib-static-mt-debug.lib(deflate.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngerror.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngwio.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngmem.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngtrans.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngread.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngget.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngrtran.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngwutil.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngwrite.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngset.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(png.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngrio.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase
    zlib-static-mt-debug.lib(inftrees.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol @_RTC_CheckStackVars@8
    zlib-static-mt-debug.lib(trees.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol @_RTC_CheckStackVars@8
    zlib-static-mt-debug.lib(compress.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol @_RTC_CheckStackVars@8
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngrutil.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol @_RTC_CheckStackVars@8
    zlib-static-mt-debug.lib(inflate.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol @_RTC_CheckStackVars@8
    zlib-static-mt-debug.lib(crc32.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol @_RTC_CheckStackVars@8
    zlib-static-mt-debug.lib(inffast.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol @_RTC_CheckStackVars@8
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngwutil.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol @_RTC_CheckStackVars@8
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngerror.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol @_RTC_CheckStackVars@8
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngmem.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol @_RTC_CheckStackVars@8
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngwtran.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol @_RTC_CheckStackVars@8
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngwrite.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol @_RTC_CheckStackVars@8
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(png.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol @_RTC_CheckStackVars@8
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngread.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol @_RTC_CheckStackVars@8
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngrtran.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol @_RTC_CheckStackVars@8
    mikmod-static-mt-debug.lib(mplayer.o) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __ftol2
    libjpeg-static-mt-debug.lib(jcdctmgr.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __ftol2
    libjpeg-static-mt-debug.lib(jidctflt.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __ftol2
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngwrite.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __ftol2
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngset.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __ftol2
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngrtran.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __ftol2
    libpng-static-mt-debug.lib(pngwutil.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __ftol2
    clanDisplay-static-mt-debug.lib(display_window_win32.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _CLSID_DirectInput8
    clanDisplay-static-mt-debug.lib(display_window_win32.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _IID_IDirectInput8A
    Debug/Pacman.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 7 unresolved externals
    Please, any suggestion ?