Thread: CL_GUIComponent Issues

Default CL_GUIComponent Issues

Hello,

I have a class :

class MyClass : public CL_GUIComponent
    {
    }

When i add child components to that component, they are drawed normally.

BUT, if i perform a ->set_visible(false) on any of then, they are still drawed/painted on the screen, you can't interact with then (like if they were really invisible), but you can still see then...

If we just change the inherited class to CL_Window, everything works fine... but then you incorporate all the CL_Window implementation wich is not what i want !

Is there anything we can do around this ?

I'd guess this is because a CL_Window paints a background, while a plain CL_GUIComponent doesn't. I remember from your screenshots that you had a background image - that's what you need to repaint as your transparent GUI component has nothing it can paint. The easiest way is probably to make your background image also a CL_GUIComponent that draws the image in on_render(). Redraw should work then also when you call request_repaint on the transparent component.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    I'd guess this is because a CL_Window paints a background, while a plain CL_GUIComponent doesn't. I remember from your screenshots that you had a background image - that's what you need to repaint as your transparent GUI component has nothing it can paint. The easiest way is probably to make your background image also a CL_GUIComponent that draws the image in on_render(). Redraw should work then also when you call request_repaint on the transparent component.
    I will try