Thread: ColorKeying with ClanLib 2.0

Default ColorKeying with ClanLib 2.0

Hi,

i have a Sprite with green background..

I want to use the add_alphaclipped_frames for the sprite description, but i don't know what the last argument stands for..

Does anybody have an idea how to cut this picture with ColorKeying in frames ?

I use ClanLib 2.0

ClanLib Developer

My best tip would be to load it up in some paint application (photoshop, gimp, paint.net) and convert it to a 32 bit image using proper alpha channel.

Otherwise, look into CL_PixelBuffer::set_colorkey - it might help you.

You mean that i convert it to gif or png for example with transparent background ?

What is the second parameter for set_colorkey ?

I tried it with Cl_Colorf but it doesn't work ..

can someone help ???

Ok i decided to make the background transparent ..

But now i have a problem, not all my cell-images can be read i have a 96x128px picture 3x4 cells and add_gridclipped_frames online take the parameters 3x3 , when i choose higher i get an error "outside pixelbuffer bounds" ..

ClanLib Developer

"What is the second parameter for set_colorkey ? "

I don't know what the second parameter does. Either I spend time looking it up in the sourcecode (and I've never looked at this code before), or you can do it. I suggest the second approach.

"But now i have a problem, not all my cell-images can be read i have a 96x128px picture 3x4 cells and add_gridclipped_frames online take the parameters 3x3 , when i choose higher i get an error "outside pixelbuffer bounds"

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean here..?

I mean that , you can see there 3x4 Cells , 12 Sprites ..

Code:
    desc.add_gridclipped_frames(CL_PNGProvider::load("images/player_walk.png"),0,0,32,32,3,3,0,0,true);
    with this code i get only 9 Sprites , but when i change the "3" to "4" i get an error ..

ClanLib Developer

I tried with your image and

Code:
    desc.add_gridclipped_frames(CL_PNGProvider::load("Images/player_walk.png"),0,0,32,32,3,4,0,0,0);
    and it worked fine...

The error you do is the last parameter - which you set to true.

According to the docs, the last parameter is not a bool. So you're actually setting the yspacing to 1, and therefore it goes out of bounds.

Ahh ok, thank you very much

Now it works fine =)