Thread: ClanLib 2.0 and Windows 7?

Default ClanLib 2.0 and Windows 7?

Hello, I'm new to the forums but have been using ClanLib for about six months now. I recently upgraded to Windows 7 (from xp) and immediately afterwards I upgraded from CLanLib 1.0 (.8) to ClanLib 2.0. I've run into a bizarre problem when I try to run the Dispaly "hello world" Example (http://clanlib.org/docs/clanlib-2.0....anDisplay.html). The display window appears to hang and will not respond to any keyboard commands (or mouse for that matter). When I hover my mouse over the window the cursor changes to a busy cursor. I added a frame count to the "hello world" text to see if the window will update and found that the text is properly updated each frame ("hello world 1", hello world 2"...). Running the executable in various compatibility modes has had no affect. Does anyone have a guess at what the problem might be? I'm using the pre-compiled ClanLib binaries and the pre-compiled external libraries. I'm running Visual Studio 2008 with the latest updates and the latest DirectX SDK.

Looks like I fixed the bug. The main loop in the hello world example requires the call CL_DisplayMessageQueue:rocess() or it won't respond to user input. I can now happily report that ClanLib works just fine in Windows 7 .

ClanLib Developer

Humm, it seems the docs reflect the SVN of ClanLib 2.0 (not the previous release).

The upcoming release of ClanLib (2.0.4) has changed CL_DisplayMessageQueue::Process() to CL_KeepAlive::process();

(Other changes listed in Upgrade.txt)

Hopefully this ClanLib release should be available soon. (You can download the source and examples using SVN svn://esoteric.clanlib.org/ClanLib/Development/ClanLib-2.0 - using tortoisesvn or other svn clients)