Thread: Requires OpenGL 2.0

Default Requires OpenGL 2.0

Code:
    Exception caught:
    This application requires OpenGL 2.0 or above. Your hardware only supports OpenG
    L 1.1.0. Try updating your drivers, or upgrade to a newer graphics card.
    Stack Trace:
    CL_OpenGLGraphicContextProvider::check_opengl_version (e:\source\clanlib\develop
    ment\clanlib-2.0\sources\gl\opengl_graphic_context_provider.cpp, line 190)
    CL_OpenGLGraphicContextProvider::CL_OpenGLGraphicContextProvider (e:\source\clan
    lib\development\clanlib-2.0\sources\gl\opengl_graphic_context_provider.cpp, line
     112)
    CL_OpenGLWindowProvider_WGL::create (e:\source\clanlib\development\clanlib-2.0\s
    ources\gl\wgl\opengl_window_provider_wgl.cpp, line 272)
    CL_DisplayWindow::CL_DisplayWindow (e:\source\clanlib\development\clanlib-2.0\so
    urces\display\window\display_window.cpp, line 68)
    App::start (c:\programming\clanlib-2.0.4\examples\basic2d\basic2d.cpp, line 81)
    Program::main (c:\programming\clanlib-2.0.4\examples\basic2d\basic2d.cpp, line 5
    7)
    WinMain (e:\source\clanlib\development\clanlib-2.0\sources\app\win32\clanapp.cpp
    , line 83)
    __tmainCRTStartup (f:\dd\vctools\crt_bld\self_x86\crt\src\crt0.c, line 263)
    WinMainCRTStartup (f:\dd\vctools\crt_bld\self_x86\crt\src\crt0.c, line 182)
    BaseThreadInitThunk
    RtlCreateUserProcess
    RtlCreateProcessParameters
    (press any key to close this console window)
    This is from Basic2D example.
    But I get this with every example that comes with ClanLib-2.0.4 (that I got from http://www.clanlib.org/download.html). I'm using VC++ 2008 Express Edition on Windows Vista. I've downloaded lastest drivers for my NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT on my laptop (read that it supports OpenGL 3.0). And ran oZone3D's GPU Caps Viewer, that also states that I have OpenGL 3.0.

My guess is the CL_OpenGLGraphicContextProvider::check_opengl_vers ion (e:\source\clanlib\development\clanlib-2.0\sources\gl\opengl_graphic_context_provider.cpp , line 190) part, my e: drive is my cd drive (and I don't know why its mentioning f: drive) and that file is C:\Programming\ClanLib-2.0.4\Sources\GL\opengl_graphic_context_provider.c pp on my c: drive. Maybe I just need to point it to the correct spot, but I don't know where to do that.

I'm usually always able to solve problems on my own, but I spent all day yesterday researching it, and I'm completely stumped. (I bet its something easy that I just completely overlooked.)

ClanLib Developer

Apparently, you are using the precompiled libraries, and that makes the location in the stacktrace show the original location of the files at the time of compilation (so thats actually on my disk since I made the libs). The f disk comes from someone elses path when they compiled the WinMainCRTStartup function.

I'm afraid I have no idea why 1.1 is reported as the opengl version, though. All we do is calling glGetString(GL_VERSION). Apparently this returns 1.1 on your system.

ClanLib Developer

Try Tests/Display/CubeGL1 <--- That uses opengl 1.3

Try Examples/CTalk <--- That uses software rendering

As already stated it should work!

Examples/CTalk works fine.

Oddly enough I get this with Tests/Display/CubeGL1:
    Code:
    Exception caught:
    This application requires OpenGL 1.3. Your hardware only supports OpenGL 1.1.0.
    Try updating your drivers, or upgrade to a newer graphics card.
    Stack Trace:
    CL_GL1GraphicContextProvider::check_opengl_version (e:\source\clanlib\developmen
    t\clanlib-2.0\sources\gl1\gl1_graphic_context_provider.cpp, line 109)
    CL_GL1GraphicContextProvider::CL_GL1GraphicContextProvider (e:\source\clanlib\de
    velopment\clanlib-2.0\sources\gl1\gl1_graphic_context_provider.cpp, line 81)
    CL_GL1WindowProvider_WGL::create (e:\source\clanlib\development\clanlib-2.0\sour
    ces\gl1\wgl\gl1_window_provider_wgl.cpp, line 267)
    CL_DisplayWindow::CL_DisplayWindow (e:\source\clanlib\development\clanlib-2.0\so
    urces\display\window\display_window.cpp, line 79)
    App::start (c:\programming\clanlib-2.0.4\tests\display\cubegl1\test.cpp, line 78
    )
    Program::main (c:\programming\clanlib-2.0.4\tests\display\cubegl1\test.cpp, line
     204)
    WinMain (e:\source\clanlib\development\clanlib-2.0\sources\app\win32\clanapp.cpp
    , line 83)
    __tmainCRTStartup (f:\dd\vctools\crt_bld\self_x86\crt\src\crt0.c, line 263)
    WinMainCRTStartup (f:\dd\vctools\crt_bld\self_x86\crt\src\crt0.c, line 182)
    BaseThreadInitThunk
    RtlCreateUserProcess
    RtlCreateProcessParameters
    (press any key to close this console window)

ClanLib Developer

I guess if it returns 1.1, you might be getting a software renderer, and the gl vendor glGetString(GL_VENDOR) is probably Microsoft and not nvidia.

Don't know why that happens on your system, though. Is your desktop set to 32 bit?

wow... it was something easy I overlooked... after changing my display settings to 32bit, everything is working fine now. So when my display is 16bit it uses Microsofts OpenGL 1.1? and at 32bit it uses my drivers OpenGL...

thank you for your time and all the help