Thread: *groan* Dink having issues...

Unhappy

erg. I have windows 2000, and Dink keeps crashing. Not just crashing, nay, but completely rebooting the computer. No matter what dmod I play or even the original game, it just... *click* restarts. Weirdest thing. It only happens when I walk off a screen and never during a fade_up or fade_down. It's not cool, and nobody on the DN board knows... I tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Nothing. Still happens. Hmph. Help pretty please.

Lesser Knight

Humm, odd indeed, did you try kicking your computer, that usally works for me. But seriously it is odd, and it did that to me once (well, not RESTARTING, but screwing it up so I had to), I reinstalled and it was fine. Did you try updating your direct x drivers? Run Windows update? Update video drivers? Did you try it while Venus and mercury were aligned?..nevermind.

--WC

Exclamation

That's weird. Windows 2000 is supposed to be pretty similar to XP, and I played both Dink and Mystery Island all the way through in XP with no problems. Which was pretty good for me, considering my computer sucks. hehe

And of course you have the latest patch, allikitten? :-S

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (-WC- @ Sep. 24 2002,9:50)]Humm, odd indeed, did you try kicking your computer, that usally works for me. But seriously it is odd, and it did that to me once (well, not RESTARTING, but screwing it up so I had to), I reinstalled and it was fine. Did you try updating your direct x drivers? Run Windows update? Update video drivers? Did you try it while Venus and mercury were aligned?..nevermind.
    I am running win 98 and it keeps crashing on me. I have reinstalled 3 times, and it still crashes.I am playing smallwood 1.07 with direct x 8.[QUOTE]

Question

[QUOTE=[b]Quote[/b] (Guest @ May 08 2003,5:56)]
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (-WC- @ Sep. 24 2002,9:50)]Humm, odd indeed, did you try kicking your computer, that usally works for me. But seriously it is odd, and it did that to me once (well, not RESTARTING, but screwing it up so I had to), I reinstalled and it was fine. Did you try updating your direct x drivers? Run Windows update? Update video drivers? Did you try it while Venus and mercury were aligned?..nevermind.
    I am running win 98 and it keeps crashing on me. I have reinstalled 3 times, and it still crashes.I am playing smallwood 1.07 with direct x 8.i fixed my problem. my fan on my power supply was not working. thanks