Thread: A thought

Lesser Knight

Default A thought

Hey,
    Believe it or not, I once was a (minor) ClanLib developer, I collaborated a bit with the man (Magnus) himself. but that was probably ten years ago now!
    Anyway, looking at the current 2.1 API, I have the following comment. It looks like, and correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like we don't have any class that we can draw on as a graphic context that isn't part of a window. In other words, I would expect that a class like CL_PixelBuffer, or one similar, would BE a graphic context that you could draw on, and then you could copy all or part of that graphic context onto the window's graphic context. That way, anything that lets you draw on a CL_GraphicContext would take this pixel buffer as well and let you draw on it(including things like CL_Image,CL_Sprite,CL_Draw...) I am pretty sure we had something like this back in the ClanLib-0.6 or so days.

Has anything like this been discussed?

-Dan

ClanLib Developer

In 2.x this is called CL_FrameBuffer (and CL_RenderBuffer for even more advanced features). Search the Examples, there are several that uses this.

And welcome back

Lesser Knight

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by sphair View Post
    In 2.x this is called CL_FrameBuffer (and CL_RenderBuffer for even more advanced features). Search the Examples, there are several that uses this.

And welcome back
    Hhaha, thanks