Thread: Yes, gotto work for my dreams

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Yes, gotto work for my dreams

I really want to learn codding. Who knows, maybe in future I'll work in the biggest company, or just make my own big company, or i would work alone, who knows?

My question: Where should I start [would be helpful if you give the program too]
    Quote Originally Posted by genpasaporte922 View Post
    When I was a newbie, I emailed Support how to earn world lock, and I farmed dirt for almost 3 months.

little bump
    When I was a newbie, I emailed Support how to earn world lock, and I farmed dirt for almost 3 months.

Well I can't consider me to be the goto guy for coding advice but I recently started watching John Purcells C++ beginer guide. I'd recomend to start with something easier to learn, like Python. But I really like the Syntax (syntax = 'programing grammar'). If you now want to program you should first decide what language you'd like to learn. If you'd want to learn C++ maybe check John Purcell's videos (YT: Cave Of Programming). Also if you don't like those tutorials for any reason I've heard good things about TheNewBoston. I'm currently at video 45 of John Purcell's programming course. He explains very well and I follow easily. And if you get lost he always reply within 2 days. (Often after a hour but maybe he's busy). Best of luck to your new journey. And I'm pretty sure Steve Jobs, Bill Gates and other extremely succesful coders were driven not ONLY by money, but alot of motivation. Don't do it for the money, if you learn to program for the money, you won't come far unless you completely burn yourself everyday.

Subscribe if you enjoy my videos!

<---- Thanks chudy!

I think starting with Design is good idea.
    "Simple and Easy to Understand"

My Instagram | IGN: Phemus | Level: 51

Super Moderator

You might want to try something like GameMaker. It's originally how I got started making games back in the distant past! It's changed a bit since then, but looks just as good if not better.

It lets you make games without having to learn to write code, but when you feel a bit more confident you can add code to make your games much fancier. It's not perfect, and eventually I wanted a bit more control and started using something else, but it's a good place to start. And it's free unless you want to pay for the big fancy version, but you don't need to at all.
    Never give anybody your password! Not a mod, not Seth, not Hamumu, nobody!

Quote Originally Posted by AtkinsSJ View Post
    You might want to try something like GameMaker. It's originally how I got started making games back in the distant past! It's changed a bit since then, but looks just as good if not better.

It lets you make games without having to learn to write code, but when you feel a bit more confident you can add code to make your games much fancier. It's not perfect, and eventually I wanted a bit more control and started using something else, but it's a good place to start. And it's free unless you want to pay for the big fancy version, but you don't need to at all.
    I tried GameMaker, cool app. But I want to learn codding, espically interested in C+++. Even tough its really hard language so I would like something that I can start as a beginner.

P.S: Congrats on your moderationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnoid View Post
    I tried GameMaker, cool app. But I want to learn codding, espically interested in C+++. Even tough its really hard language so I would like something that I can start as a beginner.

Why not learn C# or Java?

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnoid View Post

Firstly, thanks!

What I'd recommend then is Unity. You can write code either in C# (which has a lot of similarities with C++ but isn't as awkward) or a couple of other languages, and it provides a really nice 3D editor and some basic scripts for things like player movement to get you started. It's free unless you want super-fancy things. I know a lot of people, even with a lot of experience making games, who really like it. I've made a couple of little games in it and it makes things pretty easy, but it's still proper coding. A lot of people also provide free tutorials and code for it if you search the internet, too.

Whatever you choose, I look forward to seeing what you (and anyone else) come up with!
    Never give anybody your password! Not a mod, not Seth, not Hamumu, nobody!

Quote Originally Posted by Candy View Post
    Steve jobs never coded, he doesnt know how to. Steve wozniak did all that, jobs was just the business man. And I hate to run in here like peck but c++ is a real waste of time unless you're strictly on microsoft visual imo.
    Really? (On the C++ stuff)
    C++ is a waste of time? How can you say so? C++ is tied to Visual studio? You kiddin me?
    what about the other IDEs out there? Can't they use C++? YES THEY CAN.

C++ isn't like C# that is mostly tied to Windows (Unless mono framework? dunno)

Check your facts mate

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by |ThyLuigi| View Post
    List of languages, easiest to hardest. If they're on the same line, then they're about the same difficulty.

General Use:

Python / Ruby
    Perl
    Javascript
    Objective C
    C# / Java

Web Languages:
    HTML & CSS
    Javascript
    PHP

Of these, I highly recommend Javascript, C#, Java, or Ruby. Have fun. :]

Now, if you want to be a total failure who has panick attacks every time you see a line of code, do C++.

- - - Updated - - -

Is it going to have random generation too?
    And awesome graphics?
    And really super cool enemy AI?

If don't get what I'm saying, it's that you're aiming too high. Right now I'm trying to learn game development, and it's rather hard to even comprehend how hitboxes, AI, or gamestates work.
    A correction

You can't include programming languages that is used for different purpose here. (Javascript)
    I'd recommend studying C/C++ before any C-like programming languages
    General Use:

Python / Ruby
    Perl
    C/C++
    Objective C
    C# / Java

- - - Updated - - -

As for peck saying that it's dead, it's still useful for other stuff. (HHVM uses C++ mostly lol)

I'm trying to study golang right now. I recommend it lol

Quote Originally Posted by Conan View Post
    Really? (On the C++ stuff)
    C++ is a waste of time? How can you say so? C++ is tied to Visual studio? You kiddin me?
    what about the other IDEs out there? Can't they use C++? YES THEY CAN.

C++ isn't like C# that is mostly tied to Windows (Unless mono framework? dunno)

Check your facts mate

- - - Updated - - -

A correction

You can't include programming languages that is used for different purpose here. (Javascript)
    I'd recommend studying C/C++ before any C-like programming languages
    General Use:

Python / Ruby
    Perl
    C/C++
    Objective C
    C# / Java

- - - Updated - - -

As for peck saying that it's dead, it's still useful for other stuff. (HHVM uses C++ mostly lol)

I'm trying to study golang right now. I recommend it lol
    I said Javascript because it can be used for more than just websites. And for a first language to learn, C++ is like going from english to chinese.
    "It vexes me how veracious discussion actually devolved into what literally is nocuous as a brainwashed drove of cattle spamming the only two words in their vocabulary: forum game." - JOSHIE63, 2017

↓↓↓
    IGN:TheLuigi
    ↑↑↑

Lesser Wizard

If you want to learn code yet want to have some fun try: codecombat.com/play, choose python or javascript as your programming language.
    LURD

Quote Originally Posted by Candy View Post
    Steve jobs never coded, he doesnt know how to. Steve wozniak did all that, jobs was just the business man. And I hate to run in here like peck but c++ is a real waste of time unless you're strictly on microsoft visual imo.
    Well, we learn something new everyday. Appreciate the opinion, though C++ might be a waste in the jobs industry (wich it isn't if you find the right company they'll pay loads of money) I'm learning right now for fun. Plus I've come too long to stop, months of learning will have gone to waste. When I learn C++ I'll definitly pick up some more frequently used languages in the job industry.

Subscribe if you enjoy my videos!

<---- Thanks chudy!

Arrow Learn Java. if not then do other language.

Just Learn Java its kinda good for beginners :/
    I just heard its for newbies but i don't know but you gotta try to see if you can do it.
    -pomtapom
    p.s. you can search up basic tutorials on how to code. Java.
    Information About Me !

Wizard Parts I GOT (5/6) Parts
    MY GROWTOPIA DAILY VIDEO

GOALS

Quote Originally Posted by PomtapomGaming View Post
    Just Learn Java its kinda good for beginners :/
    I just heard its for newbies but i don't know but you gotta try to see if you can do it.
    -pomtapom
    p.s. you can search up basic tutorials on how to code. Java.
    Java is good for beginners, but it isn't any cake walk either. I personally hate the structure, but it's the most popular language in the world right now, so it's definitely worth learning.
    "It vexes me how veracious discussion actually devolved into what literally is nocuous as a brainwashed drove of cattle spamming the only two words in their vocabulary: forum game." - JOSHIE63, 2017

↓↓↓
    IGN:TheLuigi
    ↑↑↑