Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 56

Thread: Server again

  1. #21
    Lesser Knight
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Where you at Hawk???

  2. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Yeah, another huge crash happened...

    Also, it came to my attention that the following were played by the same person:

    Parkman
    McGee
    Grifty McGrift

    I verified this and deleted McGee and McGrift and set parkmans luck to 0 and lowered his BP's a bit.

    Multiple accounts are now allowed. If you're playing multis, stop now!
    What in God's name is this baloney?

    I have 1 account. Period. Verify? What did you "verify?" Obviously you have been given bad information.

    Regardless, this entire tournament has now been tainted by this accusation. I see I have 0 luck, and had points deleted. And now these accusations caused someone to set a fire.

    Congrats, the game has been rigged.

    The rules say one account per person. If you have suspicions, maybe you should look into them and ask. Because they don't say anything about friends playing. We don't even live together. We agreed to share luck, and if someone was close on tags for an upgrade to help each other out, but other than that there's no love lost. We even attack each other, which hurts each other, so how is that cheating.

    Bottom line: this is bogus. If there was a problem, the administrator should've sent an email and it could've been cleared up.

  3. #23

    Default

    If you really want to look into collusion, look at Hawk and McKinney. My friend tells me they are definitely a team and even send identically signed luck. But I guess if you spam the announcements enough, you're immune to suspicion. * rolleyes *

  4. #24
    Administrator Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    5,340

    Default

    I have 1 account. Period. Verify? What did you "verify?" Obviously you have been given bad information.
    In the future I'd recommend not using the same very unique password on all accounts if you're trying to hide something.

    The last thing I want to have to do is spend time policing FQ, so guys, please play it fairly, otherwise it sort of ruins it for everybody else. Well, almost as much as a random crash does...
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

  5. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    In the future I'd recommend not using the same very unique password on all accounts if you're trying to hide something.

    The last thing I want to have to do is spend time policing FQ, so guys, please play it fairly, otherwise it sort of ruins it for everybody else. Well, almost as much as a random crash does...
    Agreed about the fairness thing. I've been complaining about Hawk and her aliases and no one does anything. And yet I talk some friends into playing and am accused without a chance to defend myself.

    Yes, we had the same password. "Very unique" ??? That's a good one, really, Seth. It was hardly creative and you know it. And it was for a good reason. Given the jobs of 2 of us, there's a chance we'll be called away and unable to get online for a few days. We set that up in that event so that someone could pay our turns for us.

    Bottom line, Seth, is that you could've contacted me about this before booting 2 friends (one of whom has been playing this game longer than I have, and recommended it to me! he's been a fan of your game for probably 7 years!) and using God Mode to rob me of the lead.

    If contacted any of us, we could've proven to you that we weren't one person. And if you wouldn't have been satisfied with that, we'd find another way to satisfy you (maybe 1 of us would play per tournament, or we could agree to something so you could be sure we wouldn't help each other, etc.).

    Instead you acted rashly, and that's not cool. It's a free game, so whadda ya do? But this was pretty weak, man. You've basically made this a tainted tournament.

  6. #26

    Default Very disappointed

    Seth,

    I've been playing your game for many years now. I stood by it even after I lost hours of my time in a tournament to see myself get robbed by a bug that gave people MILLIONS of BP in a random event (http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1898).

    I stood by as people used shady tactics.

    And I even invited friends to play and got them interested. We never cheated. Have you ever seen an accusation, outside of this tournament, about me? No. In fact, we often didn't play in the same tournaments and sometimes didn't even know each other's parlor names.

    It was fun.

    Some of us now have jobs that make it tough to predict if we'll be able to play through the tournament. So we had the same passwords. How is that cheating? You're more technically savvy than I am. I'm sure you can check to see where people are logging on from.

    In this tournament, 3 of us started from day 1, and we were doing well. Jealousy breeds contempt and suspicion, I suppose. But if we were cheating, why would we attack each other? Why wouldn't we team up and take down the biggest threats? Either we're not very good cheaters, or we're just crazy people.

    If we really wanted to cheat, I'm sure we could find a way. It seems half your tournaments have cheaters in them, and I guess that's what you get in a game that doesn't cost anything. But if we were that committed to cheating and, as you say, "hiding something," don't you think we WOULD have different passwords? Wouldn't we go through steps to be super sneaky?

    I'm very disappointed, Seth. I've lost at least one tournament due to mistakes in your program, and probably others due to hacking and other people cheating, but have continued to support it. Now you accuse me and my friends like this.

    Bad form, sir. Bad form.

  7. #27

    Default

    Oh, and Parkman is right. Look at the logs from Day 2 or 3 (I can't check the newspaper since Seth is so politely blocking my access to the game completely).

    McK got busted by the paper sending a Yang. Multiple Yangs arrived on the same day with the same custom message blaming "McGee" (my handle). I think there are screen shots of this, but I'm sure you can verify it anyway.

    But go ahead and focus on the important thing: keeping this project alive so you can squeeze every dime out of it (hey, nothing wrong with making money) in some way, while treating your long time players like criminals.

  8. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Parkman View Post
    If you really want to look into collusion, look at Hawk and McKinney. My friend tells me they are definitely a team and even send identically signed luck. But I guess if you spam the announcements enough, you're immune to suspicion. * rolleyes *
    What makes you think you're immune to suspicion acting out in the announcements page? Unless Hawk called you out in game, there was no need for that. I mean, it's a freaking Yang! I've suffered more than that.

    Hawk doesn't have multiple accounts, so present actual evidence before you point them fingers. You're not at all above this.

    Now, as for the multiple accounts, Seth had good reason to delete these accounts. If you and your friends were wise, you'd know about the rules. In fact, I know of games like this that actually have it as a ban-able offense for having multiple accounts logged from the same computer (same IP address).

    The rules are for logging in with multiple accounts in the same location:
    "FQ has advanced IP based security, it's pretty obvious when someone is playing more than one character from the same location, if a family member wants to play too you better clear it with the Admin first."

    Maybe Seth didn't get the memo, or he really didn't get one.

  9. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Brooks View Post
    What makes you think you're immune to suspicion acting out in the announcements page? Unless Hawk called you out in game, there was no need for that. I mean, it's a freaking Yang! I've suffered more than that.
    Hawk doesn't have multiple accounts, so present actual evidence before you point them fingers. You're not at all above this.[/quote]I said Hawk should be looked into. At the very least, there's collusion between multiple people going on with Hawk, McK, etc. Hey, if that's not against Seth's interpretation of the rules, fine. Then reinstate my account and Kristy's, give us all our points and skills back, etc. All we did was help each other out once in a while, and we STILL attacked each other.

    Now, as for the multiple accounts, Seth had good reason to delete these accounts. If you and your friends were wise, you'd know about the rules. In fact, I know of games like this that actually have it as a ban-able offense for having multiple accounts logged from the same computer (same IP address).

    The rules are for logging in with multiple accounts in the same location:
    "FQ has advanced IP based security, it's pretty obvious when someone is playing more than one character from the same location, if a family member wants to play too you better clear it with the Admin first."

    Maybe Seth didn't get the memo, or he really didn't get one.
    I always love the forum know-it-all who "informs" you of stuff like this without having gotten the facts.

    I know the rules. Parkman knows the rules. Grifty might not, but she didn't break them either. "If you were wise" you'd get the facts before telling people gibberish like "if you were wise." We enver used the same computer, same IP address, etc. Seth can check and verify this.

    This is why I'm so peeved. It's this "well, these players used the same password, so they must be the same person" assumption, and Seth shot first and asked questions never.

    To sum it up for Professor Brooks: we're different people, playing from different places, and we're not even related. If we played under the same IP address or were hacking or something, I'd understand the reaction and it would be our fault for not reading the rules. That didn't happen.

  10. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FearTheWhammy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Brooks
    Hawk doesn't have multiple accounts, so present actual evidence before you point them fingers. You're not at all above this.
    I said Hawk should be looked into. At the very least, there's collusion between multiple people going on with Hawk, McK, etc. Hey, if that's not against Seth's interpretation of the rules, fine. Then reinstate my account and Kristy's, give us all our points and skills back, etc. All we did was help each other out once in a while, and we STILL attacked each other.

    I always love the forum know-it-all who "informs" you of stuff like this without having gotten the facts.

    I know the rules. Parkman knows the rules. Grifty might not, but she didn't break them either. "If you were wise" you'd get the facts before telling people gibberish like "if you were wise." We enver used the same computer, same IP address, etc. Seth can check and verify this.

    This is why I'm so peeved. It's this "well, these players used the same password, so they must be the same person" assumption, and Seth shot first and asked questions never.

    To sum it up for Professor Brooks: we're different people, playing from different places, and we're not even related. If we played under the same IP address or were hacking or something, I'd understand the reaction and it would be our fault for not reading the rules. That didn't happen.
    First of all, Whammy, that post was not directed towards you. I was speaking to Parkman, and unless you ARE Parkman, I would have quoted you. After all, Parkman was the one who accused Hawk of having multis as I quoted from the Announcements page.

    AFAIK, Seth had his reasons for deleting the accounts. Speak to him. But from what I see, if you knew the rules so well, you would have followed that up by contacting Seth in cases where your accounts would be used in conjunction with another account. That means if you're setting up an account so that someone account-sits for 3 accounts while they were away, would that person be visiting the owner's individual computers in order to keep those accounts in their respective IPs?

    It's not likely. But when they start using all those accounts on their own computer, those accounts get logged in the same IP, then it gets suspicious, and this was likely not explained to Seth ahead of time. Which is why I asked if he "got the memo", because I have doubts in whether that actually occurred, because as reasonable as he is he wouldn't have deleted those accounts if he knew that.

    "If you were wise" meant, if you actually followed the rules, this wouldn't happen. I don't care if you know the rules. Following them is a different animal. For Parkman, I don't see anywhere where Seth is obligated to contact any of you for this situation. Did you contact him ahead of time? If not, that's grounds for a ban from the game, since in his judgment the rules were not followed. That's fair to me.

  11. #31

    Default

    I am a long time FQ player (Thank you, Seth, for revitalizing this game....really missed it when it went 'dark' last year). I'd like to speak to some of the comments above, ask for a final ruling, and then submit that this discussion should be locked as I belive it's going to denegrate to a bunch of finger pointing and he said/she said type items:

    First off...from the main game page...

    Rules
    One account per person
    No abusive or racist language
    No attempting to hack or screw with the server
    Breaking a rule can get you banned.

    FQ has advanced IP based security, it's pretty obvious when someone is playing more than one character from the same location, if a family member wants to play too you better clear it with the Admin first.

    Rules subject to change. Games may be canceled or restarted without warning.

    -----

    Quote Originally Posted by Parkman View Post

    I have 1 account. Period.
    Cool...I'm sorry, then, that action has been taken against you. However, based on later statements, I believe you're still violating the '1 account rule' by letting others play your account (emphasis mine):

    Quote Originally Posted by Parkman View Post

    We agreed to share luck, and if someone was close on tags for an upgrade to help each other out, but other than that there's no love lost. We even attack each other, which hurts each other, so how is that cheating.
    While may be not expressly against the rules, I consider this to be poor sportsmanship. If this were 'Team FQ', perhaps another story, but this does create an uneven playing ground. However, I'm willing to concede that this could be a tactic if it didn't unbalance game play.

    Quote Originally Posted by Parkman View Post

    We even attack each other, which hurts each other, so how is that cheating.
    The winner gets 2% of your total BP...the loser only loses 1% and gets protection. If you're colluding on the attacks, everyone has a net gain with the added advantage of your parlor not being available to attack from outside the circle.

    Quote Originally Posted by Parkman View Post

    Yes, we had the same password. "Very unique" ??? That's a good one, really, Seth. It was hardly creative and you know it. And it was for a good reason. Given the jobs of 2 of us, there's a chance we'll be called away and unable to get online for a few days. We set that up in that event so that someone could pay our turns for us.
    This would lead me to believe that you're playing more than one account, by your own admission. Who's to say that the original account holder may or may not have done something different had you been playing it.

    Quote Originally Posted by FearTheWhammy View Post

    Some of us now have jobs that make it tough to predict if we'll be able to play through the tournament. So we had the same passwords. How is that cheating?
    I would have to infer from this statement that you're doing the same as above...allowing others to login and play your account if you can't play a particular day. I would say that this violates the multi-accounting rule.

    Quote Originally Posted by FearTheWhammy View Post

    In this tournament, 3 of us started from day 1, and we were doing well. But if we were cheating, why would we attack each other? Why wouldn't we team up and take down the biggest threats?
    See my comment above on the collusion in attacks.

    Quote Originally Posted by FearTheWhammy View Post

    But go ahead and focus on the important thing: keeping this project alive so you can squeeze every dime out of it (hey, nothing wrong with making money) in some way, while treating your long time players like criminals.
    This is just wrong...Seth offers FQ as a Free online game. My biggest fear is that this becomes too much of a burden and he shuts down FQ permanently. I really hope this doesn't turn into a 'few bad apples spoil the game' situation...

    Finally....this is just a game. Something to do for fun as a diversion. I enjoy the challenge of being the best parlor...if I can do so with 'underhanded' tactics going on...so much the better. I'm glad this is being looked into. See you in the cemetary

  12. #32

    Default

    This would lead me to believe that you're playing more than one account, by your own admission. Who's to say that the original account holder may or may not have done something different had you been playing it.

    I would have to infer from this statement that you're doing the same as above...allowing others to login and play your account if you can't play a particular day. I would say that this violates the multi-accounting rule.
    Interesting argument. I don't know that I agree with it.

    It's moot, though. As far as I know none of us ever logged on anyone else's account. If I'm wrong on this and Seth wants to point it out, he can and I guess THEN you could STRETCH that into saying it might violate the intent of the rule. But I highly doubt that happened.

    Saying "the fact that someone else has your password, and never used it, proves you're violating some rule" is a bridge too far, friend.
    Finally....this is just a game. Something to do for fun as a diversion. I enjoy the challenge of being the best parlor...if I can do so with 'underhanded' tactics going on...so much the better. I'm glad this is being looked into. See you in the cemetary
    No, you won't. My account was wiped. I created a new one out of anger and named my parlor "Seth Screwed Me," and now I have access denied messages.

  13. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FearTheWhammy View Post
    If I'm wrong on this and Seth wants to point it out, he can and I guess THEN you could STRETCH that into saying it might violate the intent of the rule. But I highly doubt that happened.

    Saying "the fact that someone else has your password, and never used it, proves you're violating some rule" is a bridge too far, friend.
    So, the rule of one account per person is a bridge too far? Having someone else babysit your account means that more than 1 person is on the account, and when you plan to have that person also take care of the other accounts, then that person is dealing with more than 1 account. The rules don't say you can have 1 person handle multiple accounts, or have multiple people handle a shared account. It is 1 account per person.

    If you knew weren't going to be around for long, then you can't just show up and decide to let someone else handle the game for you. Last round, I knew I wasn't going to be on FQ when it was running past new years because I was going to be away that time, and I sat out that whole round. The rules don't say anything else about accounts, but to have 1 account per person. Not a combination of 4:3, but 1:1. The last part of the rules state if a stated rule is violated, it constitutes a ban.

    Quote Originally Posted by FearTheWhammy View Post
    No, you won't. My account was wiped. I created a new one out of anger and named my parlor "Seth Screwed Me," and now I have access denied messages.
    I saw that.

  14. #34
    Lesser Wizard
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    222

    Angry

    Ok, I am just now getting here, and WOW! Just WOW! What can I say. Yet again you have brought me up in conversation, whammy/parkman. You point fingers to me just to try and evade your own guilt. I have done nothing wrong here. Yet, you, Parkman/McGee/McGifty constantly accused me just like in last game as Whammy/Noodles and possibly even Glen Quagmire as it was these three in the last game that ALWAYS dissed me, attacked me in the cafe, accused me and called me illicit names. If Seth wants proof of that, I can back up what I say and some know that fact. I don't EVER accuse unless I can back up my words. Not only I saw what was going on, but there were others as well, as they commented to me about it in chats on and off the game. Furthermore, I was NOT the one that busted you nor got you busted, dude, so like I stated in the announcements, GET OVER IT!
    This is just a game, I love this game, yes I have friends that play there that I have made there, but we are not on the same computer nor even in the same state! This is easily verifiable as any basic computer user/programmer/operator knows.
    McK1 is a friend that I met in the game, Mister Brooks is an aquaintence there along with about a dozen or so others, but that don't mean we are cohursing with each other, and even if we were, SO WHAT? You are doing the same thing through admission of that fact, dude!
    I am sure Seth is not ignorant when it comes to these techie things, after all, he created the game in the first place. Have YOU created any games? I have in college, so back off baby. It is NOT an easy thing to do.
    I apologize for this being such a long rant, but WOW.
    Thank you Seth for being so patient with the few that try and pretend this is some sort of WoW spin off, LOL.
    And thanks to those who have actually taken up for me here without even knowing me very much except for what they see in the game. All you have to do is pay attention to things that "happen" and you will see for yourself.
    Whammy, You are whining because you created another account with derrogatory remarks pointing directly at Seth, what did you expect would happen? I have no doubt, now, that it was YOU in the last game that created that "Hawk Sucks" and "Better Than Hawk" account and parlor. You (Whammy/Noodles) accused me of being that name just like you are doing with McK1 and others now in this game. I caught this 2 games ago and never said a word about it, only to you.
    Got one question for you and your dual personalities, What the hell do you have against me that you have targeted me in so many games back to back? I have only been playing this game for a few months, this is my 8th game. If I am not such a threat to you, then why even bother targeting me? Again I ask, What did I do to deserve you most adamant attentions?

  15. #35
    Lesser Knight
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Parkman! Shut your mouth! Learn how to talk to ladies! and KEEP MY DAMN NAME OUT OF YOUR MOUTH, YOU DON'T KNOW ME SO DON'T TRASH TALK ME! YOUR THAT DAMN CHEATER HERE NOT ME OR HAWK. IT'S ALL YOU. IF I WAS THE OWNER OF THIS GAME YOUR ASS WOULD HAVE BEEN OUT OF THE GAME!

  16. #36
    Knight Dorian1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    99

    Default

    Nice little conversation going on here.
    See What I Can Do

  17. #37

    Default

    "leave me out of your fantasies" - Hawk
    "keep my name out of your mouth" - McK

    Right. These aren't two peas in a pod.

    I'm disturbed that Seth hasn't responded to this issue. He's treating long-time customers like scum, accusing them of cheating, and it's pretty sad.

    This tournament is a fraud. I'm out, what? 500 BP? More? And it snowballs as competitors like Shellieface and GlenQuagmire get luck and BP bonuses for being INSTALLED, by Seth, into higher places in the standings.

    Pretty weak.

  18. #38

    Default

    Don't even put Quagmire into this. He's been fighting with some other guy in a "feud" (more like fraud argument that you guys are having), and he doesn't even have a lock, safe, or smoke detector!

  19. #39

    Default

    Now, how did Parkman get over 8,000 BPs????

  20. #40
    Lesser Wizard
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Brooks View Post
    Now, how did Parkman get over 8,000 BPs????
    I agree, how does that happen? Especially this early in the game?

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •