Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thada's thread of music [Soundcloud and additional info inside]

Default Thada's thread of music [Soundcloud and additional info inside]

Hello everyone.

If you haven't already heard what's happening, I've been taking a bit more time in my always busy schedule to work on my original music, if you haven't heard already I suggest you check it out.
    https://soundcloud.com/user-821044148

I have more songs being worked on, one being a rock/celtic mix which should prove intresting. Early days yet but it's being fleshed out over time. And I have a ton of songs waiting to be worked on, I'm looking forward to finally getting them all out on Soundcloud, who knows? They may even end up being used for something.

I dedicate the rest of this post to elaborating a bit on the whole music process...

Firstly, using whatever bit of inspiration I have (whether it be a catchy beat I made in my head or the majesty of the surrounding landscape I have the privilage to live in) I'll start developing a song using a keyboard, once I have the main leitmotiff set and the chords done and all that (could take me anywhere from a day to a whole week if I was dedicated to making that one song sound amazing) I get ready to start making it for real...

I use the program called OpenMPT to actually make the music, it's a low level tracker but it requires much more skill than your typical 'track mixing' app like FL studio (you can make anything sound nice in FL studio, I like the old methods), I have a pack of high quality sound samples for my newer songs that I'm working on, I have two songs that already have the high quality sound samples on, you can really hear the difference.

Once I've got a song done, I refine it and make sure it sounds good enough, I can't really explain it but I know if a song I make isn't up to scratch, I have all the right notes in my head, it's just a matter of getting them down into a proper music format.

I can't read notes so I do everything by ear. It's a rather unique way to do it but it works for me. The songs I make are heavily inspired by a lot of things, mainly about a novel I have planned (it's been years refining the lore, world and storyline, I just haven't actually written anything yet), tell me what you think of the current tracks I have out. There's more on the way but IRL circumstances means I don't have a lot of time to really work on them. I could churn out decent songs rather quickly (it took me about 4 hours to develop one song that I had in my head that I was familiar with. The time consuming part is actually inventing the song. Making it is the easier part IMO).

Tell me what you think, constructive criticism is always welcome, but do so properly... I'm always willing to take advice.

If anyone else makes music let me know, I can't be the only one here to have made some sort of musical masterpiece :^)
    ---> I have changed my in game name to Thadirth. <---
    WiiU ID: Thadadir

Thada's box of stuff *Updated 16/5/2016*
    #22: ":^)" edition

Quote Originally Posted by mrthadawee View Post
    Hello everyone.

If you haven't already heard what's happening, I've been taking a bit more time in my always busy schedule to work on my original music, if you haven't heard already I suggest you check it out.

I have more songs being worked on, one being a rock/celtic mix which should prove intresting. Early days yet but it's being fleshed out over time. And I have a ton of songs waiting to be worked on, I'm looking forward to finally getting them all out on Soundcloud, who knows? They may even end up being used for something.

I dedicate the rest of this post to elaborating a bit on the whole music process...

Firstly, using whatever bit of inspiration I have (whether it be a catchy beat I made in my head or the majesty of the surrounding landscape I have the privilage to live in) I'll start developing a song using a keyboard, once I have the main leitmotiff set and the chords done and all that (could take me anywhere from a day to a whole week if I was dedicated to making that one song sound amazing) I get ready to start making it for real...

I use the program called OpenMPT to actually make the music, it's a low level tracker but it requires much more skill than your typical 'track mixing' app like FL studio (you can make anything sound nice in FL studio, I like the old methods), I have a pack of high quality sound samples for my newer songs that I'm working on, I have two songs that already have the high quality sound samples on, you can really hear the difference.

Once I've got a song done, I refine it and make sure it sounds good enough, I can't really explain it but I know if a song I make isn't up to scratch, I have all the right notes in my head, it's just a matter of getting them down into a proper music format.

I can't read notes so I do everything by ear. It's a rather unique way to do it but it works for me. The songs I make are heavily inspired by a lot of things, mainly about a novel I have planned (it's been years refining the lore, world and storyline, I just haven't actually written anything yet), tell me what you think of the current tracks I have out. There's more on the way but IRL circumstances means I don't have a lot of time to really work on them. I could churn out decent songs rather quickly (it took me about 4 hours to develop one song that I had in my head that I was familiar with. The time consuming part is actually inventing the song. Making it is the easier part IMO).

Tell me what you think, constructive criticism is always welcome, but do so properly... I'm always willing to take advice.

If anyone else makes music let me know, I can't be the only one here to have made some sort of musical masterpiece :^)
    So you compose music? Cool.
    ~Jadeyliee

Quote Originally Posted by Jadeyliee
    Just a girl who is a national record holder for gymnastics, expert skateboarder, competitive BMX biker, guitarist, 3 time national champion for Spelling Bee and a proud Growtopian.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadeyliee
    "Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless."
    -Mother Teresa

usted loco idiotic también conocido como un pedófilo para salir aquí usted enredadera

Hello everyone.

I listened to one of your composed music i actually like the first i forgot what its called but i seen it says #Celtic/fantasy
    I Didin't Know You were a composer I Like ur composed musics btw
    OM OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM

sorrynotsorry

i post 2 times here per day

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix234 View Post
    I listened to one of your composed music i actually like the first i forgot what its called but i seen it says #Celtic/fantasy
    I Didin't Know You were a composer I Like ur composed musics btw
    Yes, that's Drolnoth Remastered. You can definately hear the sound quality difference between the redone piece and the original, I rewrote and recomposed it entirely to make a different beat. I'm pretty happy with that particular piece.

Glad you like it, +1 to motivation :^)

Giving this a bump, Rtsoft Tavern is always flooded with posts :^)

Woot, now an easier way to access this. Thanks!

By Yours Truly

Deep forest reminds me of Tinker Bell and Angry Birds. I don't know why

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    There's a crystal clock? Oops, ok, will fix in an upcoming patch. Hey, there are a lot of items to keep track of in this game, easy to forget...
    @TheDisco

Wow, this sounds really good! I want to make music too, so I'm learning right now as to making it. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by craft3d View Post
    Wow, this sounds really good! I want to make music too, so I'm learning right now as to making it. Good luck!
    OpenMPT, he said it in the post

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    There's a crystal clock? Oops, ok, will fix in an upcoming patch. Hey, there are a lot of items to keep track of in this game, easy to forget...
    @TheDisco

Hello everyone.

Also, here is some tracks I've made together as sort of demos I want to work on a lot more in the future.

Interlude: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YKeuWm1_KA

Rave: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RcvPIG8e8s

Bass Line (which needs to be used soon and revised): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZTVhhV_cvg

Car Wreck: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CppQh4UAqZE

If you want to take a look, that'd be fine but I'm not forcing you to. I was just wondering how you felt and how I could improve in the future on these tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Deep forest reminds me of Tinker Bell and Angry Birds. I don't know why
    I have no idea how you came to that conclusion lol :^)

Thanks!
    There are like hundreds of different programs to make music on, find the one you're most comfortable with, be prepared to spend a good amount of time on each piece if you want to perfect it.

I have no idea how you came to that conclusion lol :^)

Thanks!
    There are like hundreds of different programs to make music on, find the one you're most comfortable with, be prepared to spend a good amount of time on each piece if you want to perfect it.
    Ah, luckily I intend to! I use Mixcraft mainly but will probably also use Cubase 5 and FL Studio for my sequencing and MIDI tracks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    OpenMPT, he said it in the post
    Edited, I read it.

Also, here is some tracks I've made together as sort of demos I want to work on a lot more in the future.

Interlude: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YKeuWm1_KA

Rave: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RcvPIG8e8s

Bass Line (which needs to be used soon and revised): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZTVhhV_cvg

Car Wreck: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CppQh4UAqZE

If you want to take a look, that'd be fine but I'm not forcing you to. I was just wondering how you felt and how I could improve in the future on these tracks.
    Interlude was pretty decent tbh. Car Wreck has a very worthy name :^)

For beat mixing and all that, you're probably much better off using something like FL studio, it allows you to churn out nice sounding eletronic beats with minimal skill required, trackers like OpenMPT can be rather fiddly and requires a lot more time to put in. (but everything down to each note is customizable from the effects to the volume to even the tone).

One of these days I'll go and use Famitracker again and make some 8bit dank songs :^)
    But for now, I need to focus on getting more time to be able to actually make music.

I'm going to sort of give this a bump/question, and I'd like to ask you, @mrthadawee, if the program you're talking about (OpenMPT) includes instrument plugins with it. Thanks in advance.

I'm going to sort of give this a bump/question, and I'd like to ask you, @mrthadawee, if the program you're talking about (OpenMPT) includes instrument plugins with it. Thanks in advance.
    While the program itself comes with basic MIDI sound samples, I would recommend that you get some high quality sound samples. (unless you specifically require your piece to be in MIDI format and don't mind using poorer sound samples)

I personally use KiArchive, there's tons of samples of different instruments, (the main job is to find the exact samples you want to use and "upload" them into your OpenMPT project)
    You can download the sample pack from here... The owner has taken the liberty to convert all the sound files into usable samples for OpenMPT, so once you've downloaded OpenMPT and this, you're pretty much ready to go.

While the program itself comes with basic MIDI sound samples, I would recommend that you get some high quality sound samples. (unless you specifically require your piece to be in MIDI format and don't mind using poorer sound samples)

I personally use KiArchive, there's tons of samples of different instruments, (the main job is to find the exact samples you want to use and "upload" them into your OpenMPT project)
    You can download the sample pack from here... The owner has taken the liberty to convert all the sound files into usable samples for OpenMPT, so once you've downloaded OpenMPT and this, you're pretty much ready to go.
    Alright, thank you so much mate! Cheers!

Giving this thread a bump. I have made a couple of more tracks.

Blood and Bark
    https://soundcloud.com/user-821044148/blood-and-bark

Danger at the Reservoir
    https://m.soundcloud.com/user-821044...-the-reservior

Be sure to check out the other songs if you haven't already!

More songs on the way :^)

Giving this thread a bump. I have made a couple of more tracks.

Blood and Bark
    https://soundcloud.com/user-821044148/blood-and-bark

Danger at the Reservoir
    https://m.soundcloud.com/user-821044...-the-reservior

Be sure to check out the other songs if you haven't already!

More songs on the way :^)
    Wow man, wow. The songs have real emotion to them, and I find that really amazing. Where will you be applying these songs to?

Wow man, wow. The songs have real emotion to them, and I find that really amazing. Where will you be applying these songs to?
    They're mine to do what I want with. So they could practically be used for anything I wanted :^)

Free BUMP!

:^)
    VendTheNub's box.

#3.: No need to post same thing again.