Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rate my grammar and vocabulary.

Master Sorcerer

Uh... uh... y-you too...
    Reality flickers as you begin to wake up.

LemonJews

Growtopia Meme Page Owner:
    @freshlemonjews

Growtopia Wikia Bureaucrat

Quote Originally Posted by GummiBear64 View Post
    I'm in Year 11 and I'm taking the hardest English class possible, because I'm proficiently adept at English.
    Now, in this class, we genuinely fixate on ameliorating the words in our lexicon as the teacher is very ebullient about sounding sophisticated and whatnot.
    She is very rigorous when it comes to inditing pieces such as essays and if our lexicon isn't up to her prospects or we utilize punctuation incorrectly, we lose an abundance of marks - well, a lot in the sense that it's a lot for a minuscule mistake, conventionally only half a mark per mistake but it all counts.
    Anywho, I was wondering what your opinion on my lexicon and grammar is. Don't expect me to always make sentences with sesquipedal words, I just felt like doing it in this particular sentence.
    Thanks Ceyx for the conception, I relish constructive reprehension.

In hindsight, I now realised some people may need a thesaurus or something for this thread, my bad, it's genuinely what I'm use to when I indite stuff now thanks to my teacher.
    You understand your words...but it just sounds forced and placed. Some terms didn't need some words, but hey, I like the fact you can speak much better than most people at your age.
    Come visit the Suggestions Box subforum to see some great ideas!

I giva yoo a wun outta ten. Yoo nee to serekt the bettah word choisuh, yung man.
    Somewhere...

Allies or no allies?

Quote Originally Posted by BoredSozes View Post
    Its not that long, i think thats like 50 words??
    No............ It's an essay, not a essay.

I like that you try to extend your vocabulary, but if you wish to reach the top, as an english speaking being, you should adjust you language to a level were everyone can understand.
    I'm quite shore that not everyone who read this thread understould the entire text.
    Think about it next time.
    Otherwise it was good!
    Ign:Mutch
    Level:52
    "Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupidity"

How to dodge bullshit!

. . .

Im sorry... XD

Thx Snowcookie
    Do great things in the past, and you'll get a good future.

I'm in Year 11 and I'm taking the hardest English class possible, because I'm proficiently adept at English.
    Now, in this class, we genuinely fixate on ameliorating the words in our lexicon as the teacher is very ebullient about sounding sophisticated and whatnot.
    She is very rigorous when it comes to inditing pieces such as essays and if our lexicon isn't up to her prospects or we utilize punctuation incorrectly, we lose an abundance of marks - well, a lot in the sense that it's a lot for a minuscule mistake, conventionally only half a mark per mistake but it all counts.
    Anywho, I was wondering what your opinion on my lexicon and grammar is. Don't expect me to always make sentences with sesquipedal words, I just felt like doing it in this particular sentence.

In hindsight, I now realised some people may need a thesaurus or something for this thread, my bad, it's genuinely what I'm use to when I indite stuff now thanks to my teacher.
    I'm in Year 9, And I'm just like you.

It bothers me that this is shown on all my posts.

>proficiently proficient
    'A man with a gun can control 100 that have none.'

Quote Originally Posted by Simplify_ View Post
    No............ It's an essay, not a essay.
    I wrote "a great essay" not "a essay", so its a not an.

Yup, i just checked your quote it's "a great essay" not "a essay". Don't correct if you don't know. ._.

Quote for reference:
    A good way to write a great essay is to master punctuation and use different types of sentences to create an effect you want on the reader.

This is because few people focus on punctuation and being able to use different types of punctuation well will set you apart from the crowd that just uses complex words (often needlessly).

Old account:
    http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/member....-Sozes-Isbored

Mewmew ^~^

#MyItemMyPrice Read here to find out more ~~> http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showthr...-Item-My-Price

Goals: Lv 78/99

#RIPChristinaGrimmie, you will be missed.
    #RIP all victims of gun violence & terrorism.

Your grammar is almost fluent, and your vocabulary is wide. I honestly find this newfangled because it's only now that I finally met someone whose vocabulary I can consider as wide as mine.

To the one who pointed out that the word whatnot is an informal term, I've read the word from a fictional book so I don't think it is informal. I've been customarily using the word whatnot ever since.

i don't know if you have logolepsy (I do) but as aforementioned, your vocabulary is wide compared to others. However, I find some parts of your thread redundant and idle. I suggest that when writing a literary piece, you must peruse it repeatedly until you are utterly satisfied with your work.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceJaron View Post
    Your grammar is almost fluent, and your vocabulary is wide. I honestly find this newfangled because it's only now that I finally met someone whose vocabulary I can consider as wide as mine.

To the one who pointed out that the word whatnot is an informal term, I've read the word from a fictional book so I don't think it is informal. I've been customarily using the word whatnot ever since.

i don't know if you have logolepsy (I do) but as aforementioned, your vocabulary is wide compared to others. However, I find some parts of your thread redundant and idle. I suggest that when writing a literary piece, you must peruse it repeatedly until you are utterly satisfied with your work.
    The word "whatnot" is most frequently used in an informal context and is hard to change the denotation in its context; though, there are few cases wherein informal expressions can be accepted such as in the intricacy of dialogue, but prose, which the class most likely demands, is not one of those situations.
    It is fair to find that the community is comprised of children — just the combative ones.

Sorry, I don't speak watermelon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Equine View Post
    "Fame" isn't even present in Growtopia. This "fame" is mild idolization because someone has more pixelated value than them. In reality, all these "famous" Growtopians are prepubescent children who have absolutely no affect on society.

Quote Originally Posted by Masqueraded View Post
    The word "whatnot" is most frequently used in an informal context and is hard to change the denotation in its context; though, there are few cases wherein informal expressions can be accepted such as in the intricacy of dialogue, but prose, which the class most likely demands, is not one of those situations.
    I don't see the point as to why the word "whatnot" is informal. I've been using it when I write stories and even in some essays I write for my English class. My teacher never pointed out that the word "whatnot" is informal and must not be used when writing a prose.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceJaron View Post
    I don't see the point as to why the word "whatnot" is informal. I've been using it when I write stories and even in some essays I write for my English class. My teacher never pointed out that the word "whatnot" is informal and must not be used when writing a prose.
    The word "whatnot" is informal and too colloquial (except for narrative essays). Your teacher probably did not point it out because narrative essay dialogues are more informal.
    Old account:
    http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/member....-Sozes-Isbored

Mewmew ^~^

#MyItemMyPrice Read here to find out more ~~> http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showthr...-Item-My-Price

Goals: Lv 78/99

#RIPChristinaGrimmie, you will be missed.
    #RIP all victims of gun violence & terrorism.

The word "whatnot" is informal and too colloquial (except for narrative essays). Your teacher probably did not point it out because narrative essay dialogues are more informal.
    The word "whatnot" is barely even used by people who do not indulge in words. It is not colloquial. I'm asking why it is considered informal.

I have never mentioned that the essays I wrote for English class are narrative essays. I've written a lot of them, all of different types.