Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rate my grammar and vocabulary.

Bby, it's not important how you say it. The most important thing is your message. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Quote Originally Posted by GummiBear64 View Post
    what I'm use to
    I take the easiest English 10 class because I'm dumb as .

But shouldn't it be "Used to" instead of "Use to"?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JOSHIE63 View Post
    Put together, it looks nice. However, your word choice is so…unnatural..
    I agree, I recommend http://www.csgenerator.com to speak more hood rat.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    There's a crystal clock? Oops, ok, will fix in an upcoming patch. Hey, there are a lot of items to keep track of in this game, easy to forget...
    @TheDisco

I'm in Year 11 and I'm taking the hardest English class possible, because I'm proficiently adept at English.
    Now, in this class, we genuinely fixate on ameliorating the words in our lexicon as the teacher is very ebullient about sounding sophisticated and whatnot.
    She is very rigorous when it comes to inditing pieces such as essays and if our lexicon isn't up to her prospects or we utilize punctuation incorrectly, we lose an abundance of marks - well, a lot in the sense that it's a lot for a minuscule mistake, conventionally only half a mark per mistake but it all counts.
    Anywho, I was wondering what your opinion on my lexicon and grammar is. Don't expect me to always make sentences with sesquipedal words, I just felt like doing it in this particular sentence.
    Thanks Ceyx for the conception, I relish constructive reprehension.

In hindsight, I now realised some people may need a thesaurus or something for this thread, my bad, it's genuinely what I'm use to when I indite stuff now thanks to my teacher.
    Considering the title isn't capitalized I'm starting to doubt you really took all those classes.
    - When you argue with an idiot, you become one. -

you have a very extensive vocabulary and your grammar is very good.

The term "adept" means proficient and you stated that you were "proficiently adept in english" in other words you just stated that you are "proficiently proficient in English"

Hobbies : Talking with ya

Quote Originally Posted by EQG View Post
    The term "adept" means proficient and you stated that you were "proficiently adept in english" in other words you just stated that you are "proficiently proficient in English"
    ^
    That was another problem: the message is lost in translation. It is not so much by the advanced word choice but the terrible redundancy in the stringent word choice. Again, try to juxtapose eloquent delivery in simple sentences with concise points in compound sentences. It honestly improves the quality tenfold. Of course, make it somewhat consistent so that you do not sound like a Harvard professor in one sentence, and a redneck the next.
    MUMBLE

Quote Originally Posted by JOSHIE63 View Post
    ^
    That was another problem: the message is lost in translation. It is not so much by the advanced word choice but the terrible redundancy in the stringent word choice. Again, try to juxtapose eloquent delivery in simple sentences with concise points in compound sentences. It honestly improves the quality tenfold.
    Lmao I just died. You're awesome.

Hobbies : Talking with ya

Quote Originally Posted by EQG View Post
    Right! I selected the words, defended them cuz I'm on iPad, and adept meant proficient/skilled. I was so confused.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tonsy View Post
    Considering the title isn't capitalized I'm starting to doubt you really took all those classes.
    The title looks capitalized to me

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    There's a crystal clock? Oops, ok, will fix in an upcoming patch. Hey, there are a lot of items to keep track of in this game, easy to forget...
    @TheDisco

Your choice of words definitely dont seem to flow naturally. You are putting a bit to much effort into impressing us with your complex vocabulary. Your sentence structure is also inconsistent, one sentence is loaded with elaborate, complex words while the next isn't. There is no such need for making threads that contain words with complexity to this degree. Other than that, you are like a walking thesaurus. Your English teacher has definitely provided you with some very advanced and sophisticated vocabulary.
    "Trust takes years to build, seconds to break and forever to repair"
    "Sometimes the right path isn't the easiest one"

I love to help out and I am here to give you advice and lend the occasional helping hand. If you need help with anything in particular message me. I am commonly busy farming, but you can definitely contact me if your needs are urgent. Thanks.

Growtopia Username: Lewius

I'm impressed. But using deep words will not affect the message itself, the important thing is that you use proper words that will make other people understand you. Overall, I'll give you 10/10. If you insist using the deepest words possible, it's fine with me.

Thanks, Knyts!
    Universal Pass: boxisfabk

I'm in Year 11 and I'm taking the hardest English class possible, because I'm proficiently adept at English.
    Now, in this class, we genuinely fixate on ameliorating the words in our lexicon as the teacher is very ebullient about sounding sophisticated and whatnot.
    She is very rigorous when it comes to inditing pieces such as essays and if our lexicon isn't up to her prospects or we utilize punctuation incorrectly, we lose an abundance of marks - well, a lot in the sense that it's a lot for a minuscule mistake, conventionally only half a mark per mistake but it all counts.
    Anywho, I was wondering what your opinion on my lexicon and grammar is. Don't expect me to always make sentences with sesquipedal words, I just felt like doing it in this particular sentence.
    Thanks Ceyx for the conception, I relish constructive reprehension.

In hindsight, I now realised some people may need a thesaurus or something for this thread, my bad, it's genuinely what I'm use to when I indite stuff now thanks to my teacher.
    This sounds like my 6th grade information technology class teacher explaining how he wants us to type our paper xD (just without all da big words!! )
    And why say "lexicon" just say Grammer just sayin lexicon sounds like a convention they have every two years over a boat named lexi

8/8 IS TOO GREAT FOR DIS M8 AYYYYYYYYEIGHTLMAO

Do you even math bro?
    http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showthr...26#post2165726

Well you're grammar had improved.

A good way to write a great essay is to master punctuation and use different types of sentences to create an effect you want on the reader.

This is because few people focus on punctuation and being able to use different types of punctuation well will set you apart from the crowd that just uses complex words (often needlessly).

Using punctuation like the em dash or semi-colon well is invaluable. Semi-colons are for joining independent clauses only, so be careful when you use them. Some people in forums have been treating it like an upmarket comma it bothers me soooooooooooo much.

I give above-average rating, because of mistakes like "proficiently adept" (you only needed one of those words).
    Old account:
    http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/member....-Sozes-Isbored

Mewmew ^~^

#MyItemMyPrice Read here to find out more ~~> http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showthr...-Item-My-Price

Goals: Lv 78/99

#RIPChristinaGrimmie, you will be missed.
    #RIP all victims of gun violence & terrorism.

You don't need a lot of hard and confusing words for people to rate you. You can be known as "a great English speaker", but remember not to use 'dictionary'
    Can I see you ?
    Will I see you ?
    Can I love you ?

Quote Originally Posted by BoredSozes View Post
    A good way to write a great essay is to master punctuation and use different types of sentences to create an effect you want on the reader.

This is because few people focus on punctuation and being able to use different types of punctuation well will set you apart from the crowd that just uses complex words (often needlessly).

Using punctuation like the em dash or semi-colon well is invaluable. Semi-colons are for joining independent clauses only, so be careful when you use them. Some people in forums have been treating it like an upmarket comma it bothers me soooooooooooo much.
    A essay .-. I cringe.

Quote Originally Posted by Simplify_ View Post
    A essay .-. I cringe.
    Its not that long, i think thats like 50 words??
    Old account:
    http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/member....-Sozes-Isbored

Mewmew ^~^

#MyItemMyPrice Read here to find out more ~~> http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showthr...-Item-My-Price

Goals: Lv 78/99

#RIPChristinaGrimmie, you will be missed.
    #RIP all victims of gun violence & terrorism.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonsy View Post
    Considering you think the whole title needs to be capitalized, and not just the first letter, I'm starting to doubt you know what you're talking about.

The problem with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bowe View Post
    Considering you think the whole title needs to be capitalized, and not just the first letter, I'm starting to doubt you know what you're talking about.
    Titles like A Wrinkle in Time or Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone are capitalized differently.
    "It vexes me how veracious discussion actually devolved into what literally is nocuous as a brainwashed drove of cattle spamming the only two words in their vocabulary: forum game." - JOSHIE63, 2017

↓↓↓
    IGN:TheLuigi
    ↑↑↑

Your vocabulary is better than other's I know
    Wanna be hardcore? Call The turd and snoop dogg at 1800 Idk XD

Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
    "Don't believe everything you see on the internet"- Abraham Lincoln, 2016
    IF YOU LIKE SNOOP DOGG PRESS THIS SPOILER

better than mine xD