Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help me build a PC! :D

Default Help me build a PC! :D

Alright, so right off the bat I want to tell you guys that I have absolutely zero experience with buildings PCs... I've never built one in my life, nor have I seen one built before. If you guys are smart with computers, or have actually built one or a few before I'm looking for your help.

Budget:
    I definitely want to spend around $500-$800 but I'm open to higher prices. I just won't go higher than $1,200. It really depends on if the build can meet all of my requirements.
    I'd like for it to be as cheap as humanly possible, yet still run extremely well.

Here are my requirements:
    • It must have a cool case. This one particuarly peeked my interest: https://pcpartpicker.com/part/bitfen...cpro300ooxkorp
    • Must NEVER run below 60 FPS. I'd love to have the highest FPS without going overboard with the price.
    • It must be able to run multiple heavy programs like video editors, photoshop, etc at the same time.
    • I use fraps to record, and I want to sustain 60+ FPS while recording.
    • I have great internet and I want to make use of that.
    • I would like to have zero lag on voice call programs like skype, discord, etc while recording, playing games, and running heavy programs.
    • I currently have two monitors, and I will eventually get 3. It definitely needs to be able to have at least 2-3 HDMI cables running from it, and if 3 is too much then I'd like to use a USB or a DVI.
    • I have really nice speakers, and I'd like to be able to plug them in without their cables getting in the way.
    • I'll probably be doing some occasional twitch streams in the future. I definitely don't want any lag on there.
    • MUST be able to run next gen games. Like I said before, I will not accept something that will run anything below 60 FPS.
    • IT CANNOT BE LOUD! I cannot stand loud computers. It definitely needs to be extremely quiet if not silent.

Alright, and to summarize this I would like you to be on the same page as me. I will be recording videos (sometimes being on a voice call while doing so), editing videos, streaming, using photoshop, gaming, listening to music, etc.
    Last edited by Magicalfishy; 03-23-2016 at 04:56 PM.

why not just buy a pc?
    #DragonsFTW
    refresh for a random gif ^^

My personality and my Pokemon is in the spoiler ^^

Quote Originally Posted by hi1307 of Legend View Post
    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/D4mJvK

Might not meet your "60FPS" thing. I use Windows 10 Game DVR to record. Does it seamlessly with no drop in fps.
    Do you know if you could make a few upgrades to meet my standards?

Quote Originally Posted by SwafGaming View Post
    why not just buy a pc?
    I already have one, and pre-made gaming PC's are super over-priced and don't even have the features I want.

For that budget, get a recent i5 and dump most of your money in a graphics card.
    @SpotlightR on Instagram
    Self-taught artist, car enthusiast, and audiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotlight View Post
    For that budget, get a recent i5 and dump most of your money in a graphics card.
    Can you make a general idea build for me? And what do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Magicalfishy View Post
    Can you make a general idea build for me? And what do you have?
    Oh, the only tower I own is a crappy old Gateway from a decade ago. I don't have a PC, I just know a little bit about them. I suppose I could try to make a build for you, but don't take it as gospel.
    @SpotlightR on Instagram

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by hi1307 of Legend View Post
    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/D4mJvK

Might not meet your "60FPS" thing. I use Windows 10 Game DVR to record. Does it seamlessly with no drop in fps.
    You do realize that the ssd gets outperformed by the hdd and there is no reason to have it? Cheap SSD's are to fool people as yourself into thinking it's fast only because it's an ssd. Kingston, samsung, or intel.

He said he wants use of his good internet, the WiFi card is a stepback.

He's also looking for a strong pc, there is no reason to spend the extra cash to make everything mini.

Even if the parts were strong enough, that psu is only safe handling up to 300w before faster degrading.

I don't think it meets any of the requirements but thanks for the share.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/B63n3C
    $900 with durable parts. Strong gpu and mid tier cpu. If you want multiple monitors buy a $10 hdmi switcher from the store. Just remember that the more monitors, the more stress on your gpu. But it's a strong one so 2 or 3 will work if you don't plan on displaying a game between them all.

Quote Originally Posted by peck View Post
    You do realize that the ssd gets outperformed by the hdd and there is no reason to have it? Cheap SSD's are to fool people as yourself into thinking it's fast only because it's an ssd. Kingston, samsung, or intel.

He said he wants use of his good internet, the WiFi card is a stepback.

He's also looking for a strong pc, there is no reason to spend the extra cash to make everything mini.

Even if the parts were strong enough, that psu is only safe handling up to 300w before faster degrading.

I don't think it meets any of the requirements but thanks for the share.

$900 with durable parts. Strong gpu and mid tier cpu. If you want multiple monitors buy a $10 hdmi switcher from the store. Just remember that the more monitors, the more stress on your gpu. But it's a strong one so 2 or 3 will work if you don't plan on displaying a game between them all.
    Haha dang, I was gonna suggest the 6600k and either a R9 390 or a GTX 970.
    @SpotlightR on Instagram

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Spotlight View Post
    Haha dang, I was gonna suggest the 6600k and either a R9 390 or a GTX 970.
    I wouldn't recommend the 970 anymore just because it's 2016 and it's still 3.5gb... AMD has a good market on gpu's

The case doesn't look to bad, but would it work with this one or are there any other cases that look nicer?

And I'll probably never be running more than one game at a time so I think I would be okay. However, I do tend to run a game, photoshop, and camtasia at the same time.

Finally, which one of these would you recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by Toukiedatak View Post
    Intel i7 CPU
    8 GB RAM
    Videocard
    1 TB Hard drive
    Motherboard that supports Intel i7 and the RAM frequency
    Liquid cooler
    Power suply
    No reason for an i7.
    @SpotlightR on Instagram

Wink

Alright, so right off the bat I want to tell you guys that I have absolutely zero experience with buildings PCs... I've never built one in my life, nor have I seen one built before. If you guys are smart with computers, or have actually built one or a few before I'm looking for your help.

Budget:
    I definitely want to spend around $500-$800 but I'm open to higher prices. I just won't go higher than $1,200. It really depends on if the build can meet all of my requirements.
    I'd like for it to be as cheap as humanly possible, yet still run extremely well.

• It must have a cool case. This one particuarly peeked my interest: https://pcpartpicker.com/part/bitfen...cpro300ooxkorp
    • Must NEVER run below 60 FPS. I'd love to have the highest FPS without going overboard with the price.
    • It must be able to run multiple heavy programs like video editors, photoshop, etc at the same time.
    • I would like to have zero lag on voice call programs like skype, discord, etc while recording, playing games, and running heavy programs.
    • I currently have two monitors, and I will eventually get 3. It definitely needs to be able to have at least 2-3 HDMI cables running from it, and if 3 is too much then I'd like to use a USB or a DVI.
    • I have really nice speakers, and I'd like to be able to plug them in without their cables getting in the way.
    • I'll probably be doing some occasional twitch streams in the future. I definitely don't want any lag on there.
    • MUST be able to run next gen games. Like I said before, I will not accept something that will run anything below 60 FPS.
    • IT CANNOT BE LOUD! I cannot stand loud computers. It definitely needs to be extremely quiet if not silent.

Alright, and to summarize this I would like you to be on the same page as me. I will be recording videos (sometimes being on a voice call while doing so), editing videos, streaming, using Photoshop, gaming, listening to music, etc.
    your gonna need a good graphics card (probably nvidia) 16GB RAM and also the the sound isnt really all that of a problem scence that is dependent on your fan, hard-drive, disk reader, and your mouse and keyboard also if your streaming games you should be using head phones anyways and the tower shouldn't be right next to the mic....
    also dont try and make the tower extremely small (will need a better fan and will heat up faster)
    and in my opinion just use Ethernet instead of WIFI

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toukiedatak View Post
    Intel i7 CPU
    8 GB RAM
    Videocard
    1 TB Hard drive
    Motherboard that supports Intel i7 and the RAM frequency
    Liquid cooler
    Power suply
    you know there's different versions of i7 right?

best and newest one out there is the core i7 6970HQ which can go up to $623 alone

Quote Originally Posted by EnderDas View Post
    your gonna need a good graphics card (probably nvidia) 16GB RAM and also the the sound isnt really all that of a problem scence that is dependent on your fan, hard-drive, disk reader, and your mouse and keyboard also if your streaming games you should be using head phones anyways and the tower shouldn't be right next to the mic....
    also dont try and make the tower extremely small (will need a better fan and will heat up faster)
    and in my opinion just use Ethernet instead of WIFI
    I currently am using Ethernet. (:

And the reason for a smaller case is so I could easily move it if I had too.

I currently am using Ethernet. (:

And the reason for a smaller case is so I could easily move it if I had too.
    first you shouldn't be moving a computer tower with a hard drive that the stupidest thing you can do that why you would buy a laptop
    computer towers are for staying in one place (this is the same reason you should never move around a Xbox or gaming console they have fragile components ESPECIALLY THE HARD DRIVE) if you want something you can move around i suggest to not get a alienware Gaming laptop get a bulky ASUS laptop they run nice some have good graphics cards and there not easy to break...

- - - Updated - - -

first you shouldn't be moving a computer tower with a hard drive that the stupidest thing you can do that why you would buy a laptop
    computer towers are for staying in one place (this is the same reason you should never move around a Xbox or gaming console they have fragile components ESPECIALLY THE HARD DRIVE) if you want something you can move around i suggest to not get a alienware Gaming laptop get a bulky ASUS laptop they run nice some have good graphics cards and there not easy to break...
    PS... the only time you should be moving it is if your moving to a new place, changing a room, or something else were you MUST move it

I think there's a website called New Egg or something (will check my sources). You can build your own computer to your own customizations, with prices and everything. You need a motherboard, hard drive, monitor, screen, etc.

www.newegg.com
    Last edited by Tohru; 03-23-2016 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Added link

Master Sorcerer

The case doesn't look to bad, but would it work with this one or are there any other cases that look nicer?

And I'll probably never be running more than one game at a time so I think I would be okay. However, I do tend to run a game, photoshop, and camtasia at the same time.

Finally, which one of these would you recommend?
    That case is mini itx, so it wouldn't fit the motherboard I listed. You can Google "mid tower cases" and see if any of them look cool to you (look to make sure it's ATX form). People like mini because they can carry it with one hand, but cases are lighter than people expect and it's always safest to hold with two hands on opposite corners.

As for the splitter/switcher I would recommend any $10 that simply supports the amount of monitors you want. It's silly to go over $20 on a simple device.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

PS... the only time you should be moving it is if your moving to a new place, changing a room, or something else were you MUST move it
    "The only time you should move it is when you have to move it" well duh.

Computer parts aren't as fragile as you think. The only thing people have to worry about are hard drives, as long as you don't drop your pc you're fine.

That case is mini itx, so it wouldn't fit the motherboard I listed. You can Google "mid tower cases" and see if any of them look cool to you (look to make sure it's ATX form). People like mini because they can carry it with one hand, but cases are lighter than people expect and it's always safest to hold with two hands on opposite corners.

As for the splitter/switcher I would recommend any $10 that simply supports the amount of monitors you want. It's silly to go over $20 on a simple device.
    Alrighty. And yeah, I just want to make sure I don't get something that's extremely cheap and will cause extra delay time.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I actually happen to move around my house a lot. I was also hoping to be able to bring it to other homes like my neighbor's and my grandma's house.

Budget:

Alright, and to summarize this I would like you to be on the same page as me. I will be recording videos (sometimes being on a voice call while doing so), editing videos, streaming, using photoshop, gaming, listening to music, etc.
    I wouldn't recommend building a PC for the first time alone. After all, you don't want to screw up and lose some money. Make sure to stick to instructions very carefuly.
    Sorry I couldn't provide any help for the actual PC.
    - When you argue with an idiot, you become one. -

Quote Originally Posted by Tonsy View Post
    I wouldn't recommend building a PC for the first time alone. After all, you don't want to screw up and lose some money. Make sure to stick to instructions very carefuly.
    Sorry I couldn't provide any help for the actual PC.
    I'll call up someone I know who knows how to build PCs. : P

It bothers me that this is shown on all my posts.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/39CW23
    Should meet all of your requirements. i5 and 16GB of RAM for a ton of programs running at once. Small GTX 970 to fit the case you wanted and give you 60 FPS on almost all games on max or near max. SSD is included for fast program access and boot times. Noctua heatsink and fans so your computer doesn't sound like a jet engine. Reliable modular PSU from Seasonic so your computer's inside looks nicer and doesn't blow up. You might want to switch out the motherboard if you're installing some PCI 1x adapters, this only comes with one PCIE x16 for the GPU.
    note: you can switch out the gpu for an r9 390 or one that's a bit bigger. I chose the gigabyte 970 because it was the only gpu below 177mm i could find.
    'A man with a gun can control 100 that have none.'