Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 52

Thread: do you think this is fair?

  1. #21
    Master Sorcerer Johncracker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Behind you.
    Posts
    1,059

    Default

    I think it is unfair. The teacher should have followed the school system and returned your friend's hat at the end of the day. Instead, the teacher abused her authority and decided not to return the hat, which is unfair.

    I also have similar teachers like this in school. I have one teacher that randomly scolds students when she has nothing better to do.

    IGN: Johncracker

    First WOTD:

    Thread => MISSINGEGGS

  2. #22
    Master Sorcerer Prolly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,204

    Default

    No.

    BTW, my teachers has gotten my pillow & 5 notebooks years ago and I literally don't care.
    IGN: Prolly

  3. #23
    Master Sorcerer DynPlaysGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Ireland :o
    Posts
    4,289

    Default

    That's just typical school.
    If you knew what went on in my school...
    "Signature"

  4. #24
    Master Sorcerer Boomer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Oh yo yo... there's a demon inside...oh yo yo...just like Jekyll 'n Hyde...
    Posts
    11,991

    Default

    No hats in school? Um...what the hell kind of rule is this...

    Quotable quotes:

    Selling HTB Seeds 5/WL in vending at B2SEEDS

  5. #25
    Master Sorcerer _CM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    731

    Default

    It's both fair and unfair, to be honest.

    First off, if you've known the teacher for a long time and know about his/her background, you'll understand why he/she has that kind of attitude. (I have a teacher similar to that, very strict, annoying but we later realize she was treated poorly by her teacher when she was young. Anyways...)

    Knowing the background of the teacher, it is fair if your friend was repeatedly asked to remove her cap off during school hours. Whether she likes it or not. She has to follow school policies, doing it once, twice can be tolerated but if she was asked repeatedly within a short period of time, it cannot be tolerated. School isn't all about teaching Mathematics and Sciences, they also want to teach you discipline (which is VERY IMPORTANT when you arrive to the real world.)

    On the other hand, the teacher has to follow protocols that the school made. He/She can't go whilly-nilly all over to discipline students.

    If your friend wants to get her cap back, it's best to talk to the principal about the issue. The two will talk about it and find what was the problem and solve it. Otherwise, your friend's parents can schedule a conference with the principal about the matter.
    Inspiring Video...




    Old account: Carlo Miguel Velasco

    14-06-16

  6. #26
    Master Sorcerer DumbOldDoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Hogwarts
    Posts
    3,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PURPLE585 View Post
    imo it isnt fair that we have to read that font
    ^^

    Can't read a word of this

  7. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lolgal96 View Post
    so my best friend got her hat taken away today. the school rule says no hats are to be worn during school hours, but simply holding it or having it with you is ok. either way, this really REALLY obnoxious teacher told her she's taking it, regardless of the fact my friend wasn't even wearing it when this happened. my friend is told to take her hat off all the time but, shouldn't the first offense of having something taken only be for the rest of the school day? this teacher is straight up REFUSING to give it back. i asked the teacher if my friend will get the hat back, the teacher says she might not which made me so mad i was shaking. my friend starts swearing and i started feeling REALLY bad for her because she paid for the hat with her own money and the school is telling her she can't have it back. this teacher is annoying like that and she treats a LOT of students like that, especially students she doesn't even know.

    so later in the day, around our 8th period, she goes to my friend in the hall and asks if she knows how many times she was asked to take her hat off. my friend says she doesn't know, and the teacher says she shouldn't get it back because she doesn't know. what, is she supposed to be keeping tally marks on her hand to say how many times she was told to put her hat away? get a new tattoo every time? STUPID. which is why i really hate the teachers in my school.

    the rule for cell phones in my school is:

    1st offence: taken for the day
    2nd offence: taken for the week
    3rd offence +: taken for the year

    and those can be counted as cheating devices. for a hat, it's so much less of a big deal that it should only be taken for the day since is the first time she's had it taken.

    and the worst part, is that we're on break until next tuesday which is why i think the teacher took it. that way my friends mom cant come in and swear the teacher out, which i KNOW my friend's mom would do. i've been to her house enough times.

    what do you think? is this fair or unfair?
    All i am going to say-
    Start a petition mattering on the school district you need around 95% of signatures of her students along with parent complaints. GG
    Go here
    http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/member.php?91961-playerde

    Make my main the most visited banned person!!! PLz

  8. #28
    Master Sorcerer lolgal96's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    No hats in school? Um...what the hell kind of rule is this...
    i have NO idea why it's even there. in my opinion, hats should just be allowed because, i mean, who is someone hurting with a HAT? if it's distracting to other students, i don't see how it's my problem. you focus more on my hat than the class material, you fail. that's your problem, not mine.

    if it's a respect issue, then i guess it's sort of understandable, but what would we even be disrespecting? if it's a whole pledge of allegiance issue, then yes, take it off during the pledge. at our school we aren't obligated to say the pledge but it should still be taken off as a sign of respect, imo. but honestly, i don't see why anyone would need to take it off. it's a hat. my friend is going to hopefully get it back. this teacher is the type of teacher who will take your phone if she so much as sees a lump in your pocket the size of a phone, even if it's not your phone.

    and fyi-- even my strictest teacher doesn't care if you have your phone in your pocket. he doesn't even take it if it goes off.

  9. #29
    Master Sorcerer Hippohello2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) may want to look behind you and start running...
    Posts
    1,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lolgal96 View Post
    so my best friend got her hat taken away today. the school rule says no hats are to be worn during school hours, but simply holding it or having it with you is ok. either way, this really REALLY obnoxious teacher told her she's taking it, regardless of the fact my friend wasn't even wearing it when this happened. my friend is told to take her hat off all the time but, shouldn't the first offense of having something taken only be for the rest of the school day? this teacher is straight up REFUSING to give it back. i asked the teacher if my friend will get the hat back, the teacher says she might not which made me so mad i was shaking. my friend starts swearing and i started feeling REALLY bad for her because she paid for the hat with her own money and the school is telling her she can't have it back. this teacher is annoying like that and she treats a LOT of students like that, especially students she doesn't even know.

    so later in the day, around our 8th period, she goes to my friend in the hall and asks if she knows how many times she was asked to take her hat off. my friend says she doesn't know, and the teacher says she shouldn't get it back because she doesn't know. what, is she supposed to be keeping tally marks on her hand to say how many times she was told to put her hat away? get a new tattoo every time? STUPID. which is why i really hate the teachers in my school.

    the rule for cell phones in my school is:

    1st offence: taken for the day
    2nd offence: taken for the week
    3rd offence +: taken for the year

    and those can be counted as cheating devices. for a hat, it's so much less of a big deal that it should only be taken for the day since is the first time she's had it taken.

    and the worst part, is that we're on break until next tuesday which is why i think the teacher took it. that way my friends mom cant come in and swear the teacher out, which i KNOW my friend's mom would do. i've been to her house enough times.

    what do you think? is this fair or unfair?
    Hats are actually a big deal. hats and hoodies. People use them to conceal their identity for various (and obvious) reasons. Some teachers just enforce rules more than others because they have nothing better to do. Your friend was only fanning the flames by cussing the teacher out. But if you think something she did was unlawful, report her to your principal. and to everyone thinking the hat rule is bs, schools have overhead cameras. hats (especially baseball caps have no facial visibility from above unless angles a certain way. so if someone robbed the school, they use those to cover their face and get away. I know this stuff because I'm still in school, a ghetto school, and rules are highly enforced (we can't have backpacks on during the school day because they take up too much space. liek wut) and in my area, there has been maybe, 1-2 shootings. Rules are always there for a reason. If you don't want to get punished, then just follow them.
    Ign: Hippohello

    dank quotes

    5/7/2016: the worst account hacking by far.

  10. #30
    Master Sorcerer |ThyLuigi|'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Alpha Centauri
    Posts
    8,191

    Default

    Your teacher stole a student's property because they broke a minor rule, it isn't right. I could be sympathetic to the teacher if she'd just kept it until the end of the day, but she just upright took it away. At that point it's theft, a real law, not a petty school policy.
    "It vexes me how veracious discussion actually devolved into what literally is nocuous as a brainwashed drove of cattle spamming the only two words in their vocabulary: forum game." - JOSHIE63, 2017

    ↓↓↓
    IGN:TheLuigi
    ↑↑↑

  11. #31
    Master Sorcerer dancanban's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    2,277

    Default

    Thank you for the font

    You are actually improving my reading skills

    I totally agree with your point

    Down with bad teachers!
    Sometimes I may be in a good mood, sometimes bad. Deal with it.

    Actually, you can't deal with it.
    That's the way I am and you should accept that.

  12. #32
    Master Sorcerer lolgal96's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hippohello2 View Post
    Hats are actually a big deal. hats and hoodies. People use them to conceal their identity for various (and obvious) reasons. Some teachers just enforce rules more than others because they have nothing better to do. Your friend was only fanning the flames by cussing the teacher out. But if you think something she did was unlawful, report her to your principal. and to everyone thinking the hat rule is bs, schools have overhead cameras. hats (especially baseball caps have no facial visibility from above unless angles a certain way. so if someone robbed the school, they use those to cover their face and get away. I know this stuff because I'm still in school, a ghetto school, and rules are highly enforced (we can't have backpacks on during the school day because they take up too much space. liek wut) and in my area, there has been maybe, 1-2 shootings. Rules are always there for a reason. If you don't want to get punished, then just follow them.
    she didn't swear out the teacher, she just swore because she was mad. i told her i was really sorry and even during science she was really mad, i just reassured her the teacher could get in trouble for theft because the rule says hats are meant to go home with the dress code violator's legal guardian the same day as the incident.

  13. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    The Spirit World
    Posts
    2,811

    Default

    I feel bad for your friend. My friend wears a hat too, the reason why he wears was to keep his long hair from getting in his face. You can't really concentrate when your hair's getting in the way so I know the pain. You can also tell your friend to say this to your teacher:


  14. #34
    Master Sorcerer Clarken (ciarken)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,576

    Default

    Oh no. A hat.
    IGN: Clarkin

    Perhaps..

  15. #35
    Lesser Wizard Josh289's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    The chilly state of Wisconsin.
    Posts
    477

    Default

    Since I didn't witness the event personally, I cannot determine what actually happened. Assuming you didn't exaggerate a portion of the story, I disagree with what disciplinary actions the teacher has decided to take. Although she didn't handle the situation as well as she should have, your friend must have broken boundaries at some point. The teacher doesn't have the authority to confiscate or permanently keep the hat in her possession. Your reactions to the punishment your friend received was not necessary nor appropriate by any means either. It's fine to get angry at someone else's decisions, but you need to control and learn to manage your anger properly.

    I would strongly recommend having a conversation with your principle, or some other adult or teacher. Discuss your issue with them and let them know of your displeasure.
    "Trust takes years to build, seconds to break and forever to repair"
    "Sometimes the right path isn't the easiest one"

    I love to help out and I am here to give you advice and lend the occasional helping hand. If you need help with anything in particular message me. I am commonly busy farming, but you can definitely contact me if your needs are urgent. Thanks.


    Growtopia Username: Lewius

  16. #36
    Lesser Wizard NeuroT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    142

    Default

    If hats are not allowed, then why bother carrying one around? Even if you're not wearing it, it's probably not a good idea to have it out. That friend was not smart. Your teacher is probably planning to sell that hat on craigslist so she can buy a little pot, because she can't afford any off of her own salary.
    Sure, why not?

  17. #37
    Lesser Knight BitdefenderGt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Surabaya
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by REGISORD View Post
    Definitely not fair. Like you said, your friend paid for the hat with her own money, so the teacher has no right to keep it.
    I think the teacher want the hat so the teacher keep it ! LOL
    SELL 1000 SSP for 100 - 120 WL
    PM ME if you buy #Bitdefender

    IGN : bitdefendergt

  18. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    The Spirit World
    Posts
    2,811

    Default

    JUST TRANSFER TO ANOTHER SCHOOL WITH HER!!!!

  19. #39
    Lesser Wizard Lain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    It bothers me that this is shown on all my posts.
    Posts
    100

    Default

    If you're waving a hat around in front of an obnoxious teacher, it's bound to be taken away. Just tell your friend to tell her parents. They'll walk up to the teacher and your friend will probably get the hat back.
    hats are banned because of people like these
    'A man with a gun can control 100 that have none.'

  20. #40
    Master Sorcerer _CM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lain View Post
    If you're waving a hat around in front of an obnoxious teacher, it's bound to be taken away. Just tell your friend to tell her parents. They'll walk up to the teacher and your friend will probably get the hat back.
    hats are banned because of people like these
    Racist .
    Inspiring Video...




    Old account: Carlo Miguel Velasco

    14-06-16

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •