Thread: A game that I developed using Proton SDK

Default A game that I developed using Proton SDK

First of all, many thanks to Seth and all the contributors of Proton SDK for having made such a simple, yet powerful game engine.
    After a few months of on n off efforts, I have managed to complete my game and have published it in Google Play.

Its a small autocross game called SkidPad. Currently I have a lite version published and am working on pushing out a full version soon.
    It would be really great if the forum members try out the game and provide some feedback

Here is the link to the app. This is my very first attempt at pushing something out to an app store.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...dPadLite&hl=en

Meanwhile I'm trying to enable some ads and maybe in-app purchasing as well. I don't see any tutorial in the wiki page.
    I've gotten my app to build with ChartBoost - but the SDK needs an app already published to get an ID.
    Anyone have any snippet/instructions they would like to share?

There is a version 0.1 out there. I've released a version 1.1 with a minor fix. By the time your read this, it'd already be there

Thanks
    Shyam

Currently downloading it. Controls seem to work pretty well. I can't wait to try the full version to come out. It's fun playing games made through Proton SDK. I like the music aswell but some of the turns could be more easier, on level two I wasn't sure which way to go or if I had to U-Turn to the left. But other than that. It's great!
    I rant on others idiocy.

Quote Originally Posted by Niguana View Post
    Currently downloading it. Controls seem to work pretty well. I can't wait to try the full version to come out. It's fun playing games made through Proton SDK. I like the music aswell but some of the turns could be more easier, on level two I wasn't sure which way to go or if I had to U-Turn to the left. But other than that. It's great!
    Thanks a lot for your feedback
    I'm quite familiar with C++ and so Proton became an automatic choice for a game. Besides, I'd used IrrLicht previously as well, which helped me a lot.
    As for the game.. I wanted to bring in some sort of in-game navigation, but it was too much work considering this is a first release. That is the reason I displayed a course map for each level.
    I will concede that it still isn't 100% helpful, but as you play the levels, you will get used to it.

Here are a couple of screenshots from the game. Hope you all like it

Name:  skidpad1.png
Views: 52
Size:  938.4 KB

Name:  skidpad2.png
Views: 34
Size:  618.9 KB

Hmmm i wonder if i turn my PC game into an iOs fame with Proton. Anybody knows?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shyamvenky View Post
    Here are a couple of screenshots from the game. Hope you all like it

Name:  skidpad1.png
Views: 52
Size:  938.4 KB

Name:  skidpad2.png
Views: 34
Size:  618.9 KB

That game looks awesome!
    IGN: Angro