Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 30 Day vs 40 Day

Lesser Wizard

Cool 30 Day vs 40 Day

Ok, here is your chance to comment on the now, 40 day FQ game in progress, vs. the past 30 day games.

1. Do you like this one best? Why?

2. Do you prefer the 30 day game better? Why?

3. Given careful consideration to both games, which would you prefer to play on a regular basis? Why?

4. Would you like to have a surprise spin, such as, if at all possible, each game be a surprise length of duration at the Administrator's (Seth) discretion and choice for that particular game, IF, he so chooses to do so at any particular given time?

5. Any other requests or comments on the game or its features?

Lesser Wizard

Ok, here is your chance to comment on the now, 40 day FQ game in progress, vs. the past 30 day games.

Ok, I will obviously start things off here.

So far I like it but it is still in the infancy of this game, I will return near the end of the 40 days to reinterate my comments here.

See above...

3. Given careful consideration to both games, which would you prefer to play on a regular basis? Why?

Again, see above....

4. Would you like to have a surprise spin, such as, if at all possible, each game be a surprise length of duration at the Administrator's (Seth) discretion and choice for that particular game, IF, he so chooses to do so at any particular given time?

Now, THIS is a good question even if I do say so myself.
    I think this idea would generate a new kind of excitement and interest in the already amazing and fun sequence of events in the game. We would have to wait till the next game to begin to find out how much time we have to claw our way to the top ranks and stay there, no matter how long or short the game be. It would be interesting to say the least. Any changes no matter how little or bit within the operations of the game that Seth would do himself for that particular game would be surprising to find out and deal with, making each game of play a different sort of challenge to the player keeping them on their toes on a constant basis by not knowing what will happen next or when. The way the game is now, don't take this wrong, is a little bit on the predictable side. Don't you agree?

Now, other that what I have already commented upon, I do wish, sometimes, that the cafe had a scroll up/down thing. When several people are in there chatting all at once, it sometimes gets a bit difficult to keep up with just one eye, LOL. A scroll would help immensely in that especially when you have to take a little "break" because you drink so much coffee or tea and when you return you find the conversation has departed from what it was when you left.
    Or maybe a random event that gives you a free turn or two, like in the old games where Father Smyth came around and gave you extra turns for various reasons as a reward or something. A zombie appearing at your parlor to attack you when a scroll is read somewhere within the game... randomness of course, you lose several bp's like in the fight sequences in the "visits" to other parlors.
    And it don't necessarily have to be every game, that would be the fun part, we would never know when it would happen or to whom!
    Maybe even a FQ2 with a side spin off game of say, a mini version of Dungeon Scroll with zombies, hooded people, flesh eating dogs, black cats, gouls, grave robbers, ect., with a library of Funeral Quest related scenario words to put together in a certain amount of time, for extra turns, bp's, luck, tags or any other things that could be won or purchased within a game. If you lose a particular round you could be beaten, burned, cursed as in a normal game only with a bit lesser loss values.

Ok, so I went on a ramble....Just things to think about.....

Knight

Thumbs up Well Said ;)

Thanks for that Hawk, very informative, concise and to the point, I'm with ya all the way on this one... It's gonna be interesting to see the replies.. tc mate XX

Yes, definitely. It's a bit more relaxed the 40 day gives us a chance to plan our upgrades more efficiently rather than trying to scramble to save the gold for one thing or another.

Nope. See answer to 1.

The 40. See above.

I think that would be fun. A 7 day would be great once in a while.

For those of us that like to plot . . . err . . . excuse me, plan, a little in-game notebook "at the desk" would be helpful.

Lesser Wizard

Well, hopefully as this game progresses, there will be more input on the subject. I would like to thank Alex, the "Lengend", for suggesting this in the first place. Hat's off, Alex! And to you, Seth, "Keeper of the server" for allowing us peonic pesants to play, having mercy upon us addicts with a "clickie" finger....

What I want to see is another bonus implemented. There's one for being within 100 and 50 bp, but what about on for getting within like 10 or so.
    See What I Can Do

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian1 View Post
    What I want to see is another bonus implemented. There's one for being within 100 and 50 bp, but what about on for getting within like 10 or so.
    That is something I would like to ask as well. Many times I have run into that situation where I only needed like 1 or 2 more points to make a perfect sale. What about that, Seth, is there a way to impliment something that might give us a point/dollar or two for those situations that would require only 1 or 2?

All this sounds like great fun, but I think - since Seth makes no money off of this and he is very busy - asking him to work on all those variations is a bit much. I also think - not understanding anything about the technology of all of this - that all these variations might add to more of those frequent server freezes. Once again more work for Seth, along with being annoying to us.

Quote Originally Posted by neomio View Post
    All this sounds like great fun, but I think - since Seth makes no money off of this and he is very busy - asking him to work on all those variations is a bit much. I also think - not understanding anything about the technology of all of this - that all these variations might add to more of those frequent server freezes. Once again more work for Seth, along with being annoying to us.
    There's a reason we're on the 40 day one: http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3185

Lesser Wizard

Thank you, Mister B.
    Neo, if we are so annoying, then please by all means do NOT read me. I do know what I am talking about when I post here and I DO know what Seth has to put up with. Paying for usage would probably not be a problem for those of us who are "REG's", chipping in together to keep it up and running, however that is up to Seth who is so marvelous for even letting us play for FREE! Don't you think?

There are even little notes within the game itself that says to email Seth for suggestions, or didn't you catch that?
    How do you think games are IMPROVED upon? Without input there would be no upgrades or popularity of programs, ect.

It is actually a pleasure for those like Seth, correct me if I am wrong, who can actually use their greymatter for something that would give another person such entertainmental euphoric sensations, besides mindlessly clicking a button while they have "Doe in the headlight" eyes () fixated upon a high resolution monitor, because they have nothing better to do with their time?

Just saying.

Seth is by no means obligated to implement the add-ons, changes, tweaks or proposed improvements we've suggested. The wonderful thing is that he is at least open to hearing them and available when there is a problem; I only hope he knows how grateful his "regs" are (thank you Hawk) for all he's done in keeping this game alive. I would definitely not mind putting something into Seth's hat to keep this game going.

Hawk - please read my post more carefully. My comment about being annoying was referring to the times the server freezes!

Lesser Wizard

Hawk - please read my post more carefully. My comment about being annoying was referring to the times the server freezes!
    :: curtly bows :: I apologize then.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    :: curtly bows :: I apologize then.
    Speaking of apologies...though this is for the other thread, I think Mr. Greer would like an explanation to what you mean by that "it comes as no surprise to me". It was not only lacking details, it sounded a tad bit offensive. I could understand, but others wouldn't know.

hemselves Is that even a word? I don't know who you think you are. Mister Brooks is trying to be very nice. I personally did not like your comment in the forum that Mr. Greer put up to notify some of the nice people here that Mr. McKinney passed. I think your little comment about “but it comes as no surprise to me.” needs some explaining! What does that really mean to you? What do you think others may take it as? What do you think Mr. McKinney would say if he was alive?! I've heard so much about this game when he started to play. Seemed like our (McKinney Funeral Home) type of game. You know he did a lot for people. You tell me what the hell he did to you? I could name all the people on that game that cared for him. I’m not saying you didn’t when he got hurt in his accident. But seems to all of us here that it changed when he passed away. Mister Brooks emailed Jamie to offer his support, as did Bex? What have you done? You have some soul searching to do I think. Don’t jump all over people when you think you’re the only one that is right. One of these days you might be wrong, and put your foot in your mouth. Kathy- Embalmer for MFH
    Last edited by kathymfh; 03-25-2010 at 10:56 PM.

Well here I am. I think Mister Brooks is right. Very right Hawk. It did sound very rude. Everyone here thought it was rude. I gave people my email address to email me. The only ones that did where Bex, and Mister Brooks. Oh my GOD. Are they the only ones that are still talking with me? I think so. You need to learn how to say things because what you think is so Hawk cool, may not be cool with other people. You know Mr. McKinney came in this game and talked all the time about it. He loved it. Everyone wanted to know if he was okay. And everyone was glad he was back. But after he had passed away, seems people thought he was an ass. Well you’re wrong. He was the best damn boss and friend anyone could ask for. Me personally I think you let your mouth override your ass. I think you need to learn that everyone is not like you and understands everything you say. I think your words are in need of a major overhaul. Jamie – Assistant Funeral Director MFH
    Last edited by Jamie Greer; 03-25-2010 at 10:47 PM.

I don't have your email anymore. I got a new computer and all emails where lost. you have mine

Lesser Wizard

To Seth:

I duely apologize for this circumstantial mess of wordage that has been dumped upon this form. It would seem that I have this affect upon people that make them want to go ballistic on me no matter where it is or what has been said.

My humble apologies for causeing this stir somehow by a mere statement of words that was taken the wrong way as if no one but me can do this horrible thing with the language. Everyone else has such a greater knowledge than I, especially when it come to "knowing" what another means, is thinking or how they "really are", when all they would have to do is pick up a phone, open an email and send it or pull up a screenname on an instant messenger. How horrible of me to suggest such actions. How could I.

Sorry once again for rambling but once i get started it is rather hard to stop especially when I am called out on a public forum for stupid typos and wording. i will stop now before I keep going, of which I could very easily do!
    Sincerest apologies to Seth and all that took me the wrong way.

All you had to do was email me like the others did. On there own time. I know he knew a lot of people here on this game, that is the only way instead of looking for people on the net and hunting them down. It's easier to make a P.A.

Look it up on the forum.

All of us at the funeral home want to know what your comment meant? That's all.