Thread: "Under the wire"

Lesser Wizard

Default "Under the wire"

" In your opinion, what do you consider 'Under the wire'? "

I was asked this question and I would like to itenerate my answers here as where before I never really thought about it. By my definition, this would mean that which someone does during a game that is legal (no rules against) to further his advancement in some way.

1 - Getting hit by lower ranking players. (Controvercial)

2 - Getting that 1 gold every day from someone else.

3 - Hitting that lower ranker over and over just to get the "stash" of gold they leave unturned.

4 - Staying logged on for hours at a time just to keep from getting that "visit" eventhough you will get hit anyway.

5 - Sending dozens of tigers to one player in a 24 hour time.

6 - Getting dozens of sparrows in a 24 hour time.

There are several more but I would rather not mention them at this time, lol.

Now, I don't want to create a flame war here, but I would liketo know your opinion on this question. What do YOU consider playing "Under the wire"?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post

1 - Getting hit by lower ranking players. (Controvercial)
    I don't understand what you mean by this one. Everyone should be able to hit anyone who isn't protected. How you play your game and build your character will determine how beneficial it is to the hitting player.

2 - Getting that 1 gold every day from someone else.
    Have to come back to this one...

3 - Hitting that lower ranker over and over just to get the "stash" of gold they leave unturned.
    More power to the player that can do this. Usually, the 'bank' will figure out what's happening and either convert or spend their gold so they don't lose it. Part of the spoils of war...and if you know someone is hitting someone again and again...perhaps try and sneak in before said hitting and see what the hubbub is all about.

4 - Staying logged on for hours at a time just to keep from getting that "visit" eventhough you will get hit anyway.
    As long as they aren't using a 'program' to prevent the logout, this one's fair.

5 - Sending dozens of tigers to one player in a 24 hour time.
    It's their BP's...spend them however they wish. Luck only comes into play on the 'events', and you can replenish your luck if you get knocked down so low that you only have bad luck. As I recall, you only get 2 yangs per day anyways...this would have to be a concerted effort to get dozens in a single day.

6 - Getting dozens of sparrows in a 24 hour time.
    See my answer above (I may have gotton the 'good' deliveries mixed up with the 'bad' deliveries, but the concept is still the same).

All of this is part of getting a competitive edge over the other parlors. There are many tools and techniques to help you advance over your fellow parlor. If you feel you're being disadvantaged by a technique that another player is using, try and solve the problem to counteract that disadvantage. Usually, you'll find a way that will help you in the long run and for future games.

Lesser Wizard

Exactly my point, traekoth, as there have been lots of controversy, (especially last game) on most of these "techniques". These and more are what I call "Under the wire" as they are "legal" to do in respect, but, can be harsh at times for the competition, thus mission accomplished. You can still win as Alex has proven time and time again. I myself have come up against some pretty brutal odds such as these and have finished in the top 5 and 10.

Another point I wanted to make in this post is just play the game. As Seth posted once, it makes for a more interesting game. Coming into your parlor, not knowing what will happen, whether or not you got "fired up" or you alarm failed or what you have gotten in regards to sparrows or tigers is, to say the least, excitingly entertaining. I myself have been called a cheater by more than one here and some of you KNOW WHO YOU ARE. Is it cheating to keep getting "fired up" by someone? No it is not, it is their gold. Plots don't matter that much later in the game, if you survive, that is, hehehehe.

I have even been hit by lower ranking players on a contineuous basis several times, why? I have no idea, but a few times they have won! Maybe that is their gratification? Hit, hit, hit until they win? I used to do that myself in the beginning. I would also up my stats until I could beat anyone and just go to town on those that hit me on a daily basis, (sometimes more than once) and stole tags as well as my bp. Not cheating, per se, just a bit of revenge, LOL

Watch out, I may be right behind you, lurking, just waiting for that "PERFECT" moment to take you down.

All in good fun, though..... JUST HAVE FUN!!