Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ClanLib 2 OS X Snow Leopard (Macintosh)

I mention this because the iOS port probably will want to steal a lot of code from the OSX port as a lot of systems are similar and it would be easier if it isn't using SDL.
    Do you have iPhone experience?

I think eventually I'll try and get Clanlib working on the emulator. Still, one step at a time. First have to glue some obj-C and C++ together. Hoping it isn't too different from .net CLI.

Quote Originally Posted by Chin Billy View Post
    Do you have iPhone experience?

I think eventually I'll try and get Clanlib working on the emulator. Still, one step at a time. First have to glue some obj-C and C++ together. Hoping it isn't too different from .net CLI.
    I have iPhone experience, but not much on the Mac OS side yet, so I'm not really sure how much can be shared.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Is this still alive? I wish I could get clanlib working on my mac

ClanLib Developer

I don't know.

But there may be a possibility of incorporating http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/ internals into clanlib (as a dependancy (display target) or overwise). That way you get Mac,DirectX and Iphone support.

Maybe someone would want to have a look at it

ClanLib Developer

You're really obsessed with this irrlicht target lately, aren't you?

ClanLib Developer

yeah, it looks good. It has a ClanLib style license. It does 3D that is "out-of-scope" of ClanLib. It contains a Collada and Lightwave object loader.

Unfortunately its API is too restrictive for my personal use and/or creating a ClanLib display target without directly including its source exposing its internals.

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalghost View Post
    Is this still alive? I wish I could get clanlib working on my mac
    Well its alive, but in stasis! I was ill and then on holiday and currently I'm pinned down by the Zerg. Yes, sorry, bought Starcraft 2!

I was making okay progress but then Xcode got to be a real pain. I don't mind fixing up the API, but I got stuck on how to "deploy" this. You could look at what is in svn?

Quote Originally Posted by rombust View Post
    I don't know.

But there may be a possibility of incorporating http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/ internals into clanlib (as a dependancy (display target) or overwise). That way you get Mac,DirectX and Iphone support.

Maybe someone would want to have a look at it
    I think that's a good idea. I like Irrlicht too. The API and implementation are very good. And if it saves me work... (would rather spend the small amount of spare time I have continuing with my game development)

Lesser Knight

Hey guys, I'd love to get the Mac OS clanlib target working again. I don't know if I can really help, though, because my only Mac is at work and I can't really work on ClanLib at work

However, I am a professional iPhone developer and I've done various OpenGL stuff on iPhone and using Cocoa Touch so I might be of some help ?

I'd LOVE to get my game (https://sourceforge.net/projects/stonering/) working on Mac because a few of my best friends use Macs at home.

SFML is an OpenGL-based library that has a functioning OS X port and is under the very permissive zlib license (effectively the same as ClanLib's license).

You may find it useful as an example of what is required.. The repository can be found at http://sfml.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/sfml

I wish you luck. The broken OS X port is a large part of why I'm sticking with SDL 1.3 right now, sadly. (the other being that SDL 1.3 has Android and iPhone ports, and will likely have ports to other platforms like Palm in the future; but in these cases it is simple enough to make a second "mobile edition" of my source code since they require less flexibility anyway).

And if you've got the iPhone SDK on your Mac already, an iPhone port would be AWESOME! But don't let me overwork you.

@Nightwind0: Okay, you do the iPhone port! Haha... :P

ClanLib Developer

I have applied Chin Billy's work in progress patch to ClanLib 2.2 SVN and 2.3 SVN