Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: League, Dota, or Smite?

Default League, Dota, or Smite?

I'm a moron who doesn't know how to make a poll so which one of these 3 games do you play?

(I play League of Legends) I am a Zed main.
    My life in ruined. Just giving away free stuff.

i play all of them, and i suck at all of them

Quote Originally Posted by Xolotl View Post
    i play all of them, and i suck at all of them
    Rip ..........................................

I played doto,and i reccomend you play that
    It has better graphics than the two of those

But dota has less player than LOL
    LOL have around 40.000.000 player
    Dota have 11.000.000
    But its still godd anyway

IGN:JUXTAPOSE
    MY GOALS

Quote Originally Posted by Juxtapose View Post
    I played doto,and i reccomend you play that
    It has better graphics than the two of those

But dota has less player than LOL
    LOL have around 40.000.000 player
    Dota have 11.000.000
    But its still godd anyway
    I was so used to league when I first played Dota it was not a fun ride so I uninstalled it

All of them suck, csgo is the best.
    IGN: ILimeGreen

Awesome drawing from PannyFlan. Thanks!

May the odds ever be in your favor!

Quote Originally Posted by ILimeGreen View Post
    All of them suck, csgo is the best.
    But I suck at csgo

Quote Originally Posted by RedNinja3354 View Post
    I was so used to league when I first played Dota it was not a fun ride so I uninstalled it
    Lol yeah thats what i dont understand lot of league player says dota is bad cause they cant play it

Try watching youtube about dota and you will like it soon

IGN:JUXTAPOSE
    MY GOALS

Quote Originally Posted by Juxtapose View Post
    Lol yeah thats what i dont understand lot of league player says dota is bad cause they cant play it

Try watching youtube about dota and you will like it soon
    But then I have to download it againnnnn

Master Sorcerer
    this is my plea plslls eradicate my existence before i take yours

It all depends on personal preferences. I like playing both DoTA and League and since both communities agree that Smite sucks we can still be friends. (Hah. Poor Smite players)

Anyway, in the predicament of "which is a better game", it is up to our personal preferences on which we think has a better gameplay. I will be honest that I think League of Legends have some very similar abilities, unique passives and lore-wise concepts to DoTA — not to mention that DoTA was earlier than League. But it still is a different game, so do not judge.

Let's start off with DoTA — in DoTA 2, you are very interactive with the map and such. People who are used to League's interface would not like the sudden change when you press space bar it would just suddenly transfer the camera to the middle of the map. Not to mention the eating of trees for Tangos which renders poke a useless tactic for early game players. (As a Yasuo main in League, I dislike this concept). Also I am not very used to the "slow" gameplay of DoTA. As the map is slightly bigger, moving feels very slow and there are not much mobile heroes. Well there is Lycan and Faceless Void but their mobility is often just.. Well, I kinda "dislike" it. The concept where Faceless Void can just use his Q and then use his AOE stun SS removes my sense of security when facing up to him in a passive game. Like, how can I counter when he does an all-in when he can just Q then stun me? Making the hero a liability. (In my opinion, I dislike the concept. But many people favor it). The gameplay is not very dynamic and is just usually "win-ez" or "lose hard". Yes, this is true for most parts unless you are in a higher level of the game wherein more people are knowledgable and not retard3d. The gameplay feels very static and relies heavely on tactics and denying. I'm sure you've hade one of those matches where Skymage would just roam around killing everybody. Later on, you'd here "MONSTER KILL". That is not a very pleasant experience. Still, DoTA is a great game with the advance interface and a very interactive environment, which makes it a great game for people who are used to long-term games who prefer early-game decision making than the usual "WE WERE SUPPOSED TO WIN THIS GAME!1!1!1!1!1!1!". Very tactical and smart game.

As for League, the game I prefer over than DoTA, has a very dynamic gameplay and easy item-building system. It took me less than a day to understand how the items work when I first started. It's very simple — the interface, interaction, ward placing, minion farming and advanced stat-placement for people who actually care (Heh). Why I say it's dynamic? Well many champions are meta-dependent and new champions/reworks are also dependent on what Riot is addicted to at the moment. (What they feel lacks, or a new champion feature). Such as delays on spells, low-cooldown champions, combo champions, etc etc. It is like chess, but more dynamic than thinking what the next move will be. Unlike DoTA where many objectives are needed and you will be punished so hard that you might not win the game when you do not achieve the objectives, in League, it is not too objective-wise. I mean, you can win a game without getting a single dragon, baron, or even without a jungler smh. I mean, you lose the chances of winning, but you will not be punished as much. It is just a minor mistake. It does not matter. That's why I prefer League — more playing, less thinking. Whenever I play Yasuo I really feel I do not need to care about the Dragon or map-vision. All I need is a knock-up, minion wave and 5 champions going for me then I'll absolutely murder everyone. It feels satisfying and so fast. Actually, once I let my friend play Yasuo (he was a DoTA player), he wanted to try League but I was already playing Yasuo so he played. He called bs the moment he saw me dash through all the minions and murder that Katarina in a 1v1. "DUDE, *** IS THAT? YOU CAN JUST BREAK YOUR KEYBOARD AND GET A FREE KILL? LOL IS STUPID." Somewhere along those lines. Yes. I agree Yasuo's mobility is bs, but if you're really that stupid enough to fight me in a huge minion wave, that is. Yasuo is the type of champion that most DoTA players would hate with the fast reaction and less-thinking kind of thing. Especially the wind wall. Who would want an ability where literally EVERY SINGLE PROJECTILE would just bounce off? But that's the difference. It's all up to preferences and what you think is a better suit for you.

The long argument of DoTA and LoL should already be over since both games may be the same genre, but the characters and type of gameplay is different. One feels slower, one feels faster. The other needs more thinking, the other needs less.

Kudos to the guy who reads all of this.
    Last edited by Hans; 05-11-2016 at 06:42 AM.
    the one and only pineapple you grew up with and loved
    Ign: iHans/Hansie

Master Sorcerer

I started playing DotA in WC III:TFT way way back in 2006, as that was the only famous moba back then, that is at least what I know back then.
    Back then, DotA was a not a game of skills, skills as in how good you are. No matter how good you are dodging, killing and denying creeps, as long as they got your hero countered, you would already know who will win based on what heroes the players are using. Unless one of the teams are super retarded and just starts feeding or doesn't know what items to buy.
    I remembered when I played 1v1 against my friend. I used Drow Ranger, he used Axe. Even though I was dominating the game early on, as he sucks on killing and denying creeps, but after he got his items, he started dominating the game and there was nothing to do to turn the game back into my favor. Good thing his computer crashed and there was no way he could've reconnected, so I won at least.
    DotA was also not a very teamwork heavy game imo, which is both a good thing and a bad thing. The good thing is, you can just focus on yourself without worrying about your teammates. The bad thing is, most of the time, teamwork won't make you win the game, especially if each player of the enemy team is a better player overall than the members of your team. The moment all of them are together, even if they don't coordinate with each other, as long as each of them have good positioning and good dodging skills, even if your team has the perfect teamwork, it won't save you from death. That was when I started losing passion in playing the game, because the moment I see that the enemy is obviously better individually, high creep deny/kill, high hero kill, I would quit the game, as there was no such thing as comeback with incompetent allies. So I totally stopped playing DotA but I tried to play DotA 2 when it was released, though it was still that kind of game in my eyes.
    Since everything I mentioned above are the things I hate about DotA, there are still some good stuff for me. There's good map interactivity like what Hans said, and the part where you always win because the enemy team sucks at playing. Though this was also one of the reasons I quit playing DotA, since always winning starts getting boring. Though when I played against advanced players, there were still very incompetent players, which I have no idea how the hell did they get through that high level requirement. Winning every time because of incompetent enemies, losing every time because I and/or my allies were incompetent.

This was the reason I got attracted on playing LoL, teamwork was essential to the game and being good at the game overall just comes second. Got an overfed Yasuo or Vayne? Focus on killing them during a fight. The part that you can kill them even if they are overfed just gives that good feeling that you overcame an obstacle to winning a game. Even if one or two or even three of your allies sucks at playing, as long as they are good in teamwork, victory will be assured, unless the enemy also has good teamwork. For the bad parts of League, its just basically the good parts of DotA, like focusing on yourself would be quite hard as you need to look over your teammates and DotA has better map interactivity, while on League bushes is mostly it.

Well, this is my opinion of the DotA way way back. Idk if DotA 1 or 2 has changed in that aspect, but I wont be playing it anymore even if it has changed in that aspect. Me and my friends think that DotA is a game where 5 players aren't enough to kill an overfed enemy. Whereas in League we think that: A single player cannot defeat 5 players.
    There are a lot more good and bad points for both games that I wanna point out but I'm too lazy to type more.

「IGN : dronshi」

I played DoTA 1 first and then LoL.

Honestly, I practically did 2 games then quit cause of the trashtalking and mindless banter like jeez, you didnt know how to deny your creeps? Oh well then I think ur a skrub nub go kys. Like wow dude its a game that most 10 year old kids learn how to play here because of their brothers being addicted to videogames.
    But it was fun regardless of the community. Drow Ranger/Naga Siren were kinda my favorites.

Now here is LoL.
    I PLAYED LOL LIKE A BEAST. LIKE I THOUGHT IT WAS TERRIBLE UNTIL I DIDNT REALIZE SINCE MY FIRST GAME, I WAS ALREADY AT LEVEL 10.
    IT WAS LIKE TIME DID NOT FLY BYE THAT FAST. I ENJOYED IT.
    The community albeit terrible because a) I live in the Philippines what do u expect m8. b) Disconnecting teammates because of reason a. c) Solo queue

It's more teamwork than who's better at the game. 'Cause you can actually win 3v5 fights, (aka adr/ap, tank/bruiser,jangler ) but you can't win if everyone's all hating each other, dcing, afk-ing even though the score is like 15 v 2.
    Because eventually the enemy team would cooperate and push hard on the turrets till the nexus because at that point, you're all still hating each other saying, "ks", "feeder", "nub skrub."
    like that doesn't even help dude.

Anyways i got into diamond/plat not really sure since its been season 4. I just got back and now its s6. Fantastic.

You still can't handle this weed.
    I'm back ready to annihilate the forum posts.

◀◀◀ Vanic x K.Flay - Make Me Fade ▶▶▶

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by dronshi View Post
    I started playing DotA in WC III:TFT way way back in 2006, as that was the only famous moba back then, that is at least what I know back then.
    Back then, DotA was a not a game of skills, skills as in how good you are. No matter how good you are dodging, killing and denying creeps, as long as they got your hero countered, you would already know who will win based on what heroes the players are using. Unless one of the teams are super retarded and just starts feeding or doesn't know what items to buy.
    I remembered when I played 1v1 against my friend. I used Drow Ranger, he used Axe. Even though I was dominating the game early on, as he sucks on killing and denying creeps, but after he got his items, he started dominating the game and there was nothing to do to turn the game back into my favor. Good thing his computer crashed and there was no way he could've reconnected, so I won at least.
    DotA was also not a very teamwork heavy game imo, which is both a good thing and a bad thing. The good thing is, you can just focus on yourself without worrying about your teammates. The bad thing is, most of the time, teamwork won't make you win the game, especially if each player of the enemy team is a better player overall than the members of your team. The moment all of them are together, even if they don't coordinate with each other, as long as each of them have good positioning and good dodging skills, even if your team has the perfect teamwork, it won't save you from death. That was when I started losing passion in playing the game, because the moment I see that the enemy is obviously better individually, high creep deny/kill, high hero kill, I would quit the game, as there was no such thing as comeback with incompetent allies. So I totally stopped playing DotA but I tried to play DotA 2 when it was released, though it was still that kind of game in my eyes.
    Since everything I mentioned above are the things I hate about DotA, there are still some good stuff for me. There's good map interactivity like what Hans said, and the part where you always win because the enemy team sucks at playing. Though this was also one of the reasons I quit playing DotA, since always winning starts getting boring. Though when I played against advanced players, there were still very incompetent players, which I have no idea how the hell did they get through that high level requirement. Winning every time because of incompetent enemies, losing every time because I and/or my allies were incompetent.

This was the reason I got attracted on playing LoL, teamwork was essential to the game and being good at the game overall just comes second. Got an overfed Yasuo or Vayne? Focus on killing them during a fight. The part that you can kill them even if they are overfed just gives that good feeling that you overcame an obstacle to winning a game. Even if one or two or even three of your allies sucks at playing, as long as they are good in teamwork, victory will be assured, unless the enemy also has good teamwork. For the bad parts of League, its just basically the good parts of DotA, like focusing on yourself would be quite hard as you need to look over your teammates and DotA has better map interactivity, while on League bushes is mostly it.

Well, this is my opinion of the DotA way way back. Idk if DotA 1 or 2 has changed in that aspect, but I wont be playing it anymore even if it has changed in that aspect. Me and my friends think that DotA is a game where 5 players aren't enough to kill an overfed enemy. Whereas in League we think that: A single player cannot defeat 5 players.
    There are a lot more good and bad points for both games that I wanna point out but I'm too lazy to type more.
    ^ guy makes a point.

Heh. If you were Yasuo with amazing skill you'd still escape a 1v5. The problem with Yasuo is missing at least 1 Q in an essential outplay would likely cost you the whole play or at least damage you by a lot so you can't fight back. Missing isn't that forgiving at situations.

Though, I like playing DoTA at times where my friends and I would just hit up on teamspeak and troll the game. DoTA is too dependent on counter and non-counter picks which is a huge disadvantage. I mean, in League of Legends you could still counter pick champions but it won't totally destroy them out of the meta.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maryjane View Post
    I played DoTA 1 first and then LoL.

Honestly, I practically did 2 games then quit cause of the trashtalking and mindless banter like jeez, you didnt know how to deny your creeps? Oh well then I think ur a skrub nub go kys. Like wow dude its a game that most 10 year old kids learn how to play here because of their brothers being addicted to videogames.
    But it was fun regardless of the community. Drow Ranger/Naga Siren were kinda my favorites.

Now here is LoL.
    I PLAYED LOL LIKE A BEAST. LIKE I THOUGHT IT WAS TERRIBLE UNTIL I DIDNT REALIZE SINCE MY FIRST GAME, I WAS ALREADY AT LEVEL 10.
    IT WAS LIKE TIME DID NOT FLY BYE THAT FAST. I ENJOYED IT.
    The community albeit terrible because a) I live in the Philippines what do u expect m8. b) Disconnecting teammates because of reason a. c) Solo queue

It's more teamwork than who's better at the game. 'Cause you can actually win 3v5 fights, (aka adr/ap, tank/bruiser,jangler ) but you can't win if everyone's all hating each other, dcing, afk-ing even though the score is like 15 v 2.
    Because eventually the enemy team would cooperate and push hard on the turrets till the nexus because at that point, you're all still hating each other saying, "ks", "feeder", "nub skrub."
    like that doesn't even help dude.

Anyways i got into diamond/plat not really sure since its been season 4. I just got back and now its s6. Fantastic.
    Garena amirite

I feel u

Master Sorcerer

I play DotA it's far more complicated than the others, so keep that in mind. But if you decide to play LoL you'll get never be able to play DotA cause you will suck #truth
    There is HoS too but it seemed too unusual for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevishGT View Post
    "Offencive" things in growtopia
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtsnake View Post
    ''Ofensive'' not offencive lololol
    Quote Originally Posted by PiZaHuTt View Post
    Your wrong too. Offensive
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteSmoke View Post
    You're. You are.

Cool games but gives you cancer with the community.
    Hola amigos

[House] - Hellberg, Teqq & Taylr Renee - Air [Monstercat Release]
    Video below.

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Its Daniel View Post
    LoL EU doesn't really have a community once you start being close to your friends and just randomly hit them up on teamspeak. (Even if you dunno each other irl)

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Its Daniel View Post
    Only play in 5 man stack, or the game will throw anyway..
    Quote Originally Posted by KevishGT View Post
    "Offencive" things in growtopia
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtsnake View Post
    ''Ofensive'' not offencive lololol
    Quote Originally Posted by PiZaHuTt View Post
    Your wrong too. Offensive
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteSmoke View Post
    You're. You are.

Quote Originally Posted by Hans View Post
    It all depends on personal preferences. I like playing both DoTA and League and since both communities agree that Smite sucks we can still be friends. (Hah. Poor Smite players)

Anyway, in the predicament of "which is a better game", it is up to our personal preferences on which we think has a better gameplay. I will be honest that I think League of Legends have some very similar abilities, unique passives and lore-wise concepts to DoTA — not to mention that DoTA was earlier than League. But it still is a different game, so do not judge.

Let's start off with DoTA — in DoTA 2, you are very interactive with the map and such. People who are used to League's interface would not like the sudden change when you press space bar it would just suddenly transfer the camera to the middle of the map. Not to mention the eating of trees for Tangos which renders poke a useless tactic for early game players. (As a Yasuo main in League, I dislike this concept). Also I am not very used to the "slow" gameplay of DoTA. As the map is slightly bigger, moving feels very slow and there are not much mobile heroes. Well there is Lycan and Faceless Void but their mobility is often just.. Well, I kinda "dislike" it. The concept where Faceless Void can just use his Q and then use his AOE stun SS removes my sense of security when facing up to him in a passive game. Like, how can I counter when he does an all-in when he can just Q then stun me? Making the hero a liability. (In my opinion, I dislike the concept. But many people favor it). The gameplay is not very dynamic and is just usually "win-ez" or "lose hard". Yes, this is true for most parts unless you are in a higher level of the game wherein more people are knowledgable and not retard3d. The gameplay feels very static and relies heavely on tactics and denying. I'm sure you've hade one of those matches where Skymage would just roam around killing everybody. Later on, you'd here "MONSTER KILL". That is not a very pleasant experience. Still, DoTA is a great game with the advance interface and a very interactive environment, which makes it a great game for people who are used to long-term games who prefer early-game decision making than the usual "WE WERE SUPPOSED TO WIN THIS GAME!1!1!1!1!1!1!". Very tactical and smart game.

As for League, the game I prefer over than DoTA, has a very dynamic gameplay and easy item-building system. It took me less than a day to understand how the items work when I first started. It's very simple — the interface, interaction, ward placing, minion farming and advanced stat-placement for people who actually care (Heh). Why I say it's dynamic? Well many champions are meta-dependent and new champions/reworks are also dependent on what Riot is addicted to at the moment. (What they feel lacks, or a new champion feature). Such as delays on spells, low-cooldown champions, combo champions, etc etc. It is like chess, but more dynamic than thinking what the next move will be. Unlike DoTA where many objectives are needed and you will be punished so hard that you might not win the game when you do not achieve the objectives, in League, it is not too objective-wise. I mean, you can win a game without getting a single dragon, baron, or even without a jungler smh. I mean, you lose the chances of winning, but you will not be punished as much. It is just a minor mistake. It does not matter. That's why I prefer League — more playing, less thinking. Whenever I play Yasuo I really feel I do not need to care about the Dragon or map-vision. All I need is a knock-up, minion wave and 5 champions going for me then I'll absolutely murder everyone. It feels satisfying and so fast. Actually, once I let my friend play Yasuo (he was a DoTA player), he wanted to try League but I was already playing Yasuo so he played. He called bs the moment he saw me dash through all the minions and murder that Katarina in a 1v1. "DUDE, *** IS THAT? YOU CAN JUST BREAK YOUR KEYBOARD AND GET A FREE KILL? LOL IS STUPID." Somewhere along those lines. Yes. I agree Yasuo's mobility is bs, but if you're really that stupid enough to fight me in a huge minion wave, that is. Yasuo is the type of champion that most DoTA players would hate with the fast reaction and less-thinking kind of thing. Especially the wind wall. Who would want an ability where literally EVERY SINGLE PROJECTILE would just bounce off? But that's the difference. It's all up to preferences and what you think is a better suit for you.

The long argument of DoTA and LoL should already be over since both games may be the same genre, but the characters and type of gameplay is different. One feels slower, one feels faster. The other needs more thinking, the other needs less.

Kudos to the guy who reads all of this.
    I've been playin' Dota 2 for a while and what I can say is that the game is only static when both sides have picked heroes that do not control the pace of the game. Based on what you said, I believe you've never played against a darned Nature's Prophet that has global presence and if played properly alongside his team, can end your game in less than 25 minutes.

What I've learned is that inefficiency is often more punishable than counter-picks. Also, if you don't retain the advantage till you win the game, you can expect the worst. For example, if the score is like 40-10 and you lose a fight or two in a row, you're pretty much screwed, since the comeback mechanics of this game are broken.

Lastly, there are indeed a lot of close games, you can watch some and see that at the end of the game, the two teams are desperately hitting their enemy ancient and you see one of them winning when theirs had 1HP.

Growtopia

Quote Originally Posted by Hans View Post
    ^ guy makes a point.

Heh. If you were Yasuo with amazing skill you'd still escape a 1v5. The problem with Yasuo is missing at least 1 Q in an essential outplay would likely cost you the whole play or at least damage you by a lot so you can't fight back. Missing isn't that forgiving at situations.

Though, I like playing DoTA at times where my friends and I would just hit up on teamspeak and troll the game. DoTA is too dependent on counter and non-counter picks which is a huge disadvantage. I mean, in League of Legends you could still counter pick champions but it won't totally destroy them out of the meta.

- - - Updated - - -

Garena amirite

I feel u
    Garena pls.

You still can't handle this weed.
    I'm back ready to annihilate the forum posts.

◀◀◀ Vanic x K.Flay - Make Me Fade ▶▶▶