Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: Any online counsellors or something?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Master Sorcerer ElectroDream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    8,313

    Default Any online counsellors or something?

    I kinda need them, because I'm thinking of something that'd supposedly change my entire life but I can't go to IRL counsellors...

    Leave the link below or if you happen to be a psychiatrist, that's great.
    "Trust is like a paper, once it's crumpled, it can't be perfect again."

    If you're lost for some reason, my forumers' exclusive VIP password is StarboardFTW. Some guy thought this was still the Growtopia forums, so I'll still put this here.

  2. #2
    Master Sorcerer Hacktivate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,300

    Default

    My inbox is always open good ol' friend.

  3. #3
    Master Sorcerer
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    10,864

    Default

    This guy is great. You should PM him asap.

  4. #4
    Master Sorcerer ElectroDream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    8,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Indicative View Post
    This guy is great. You should PM him asap.
    You're too childish for this.
    "Trust is like a paper, once it's crumpled, it can't be perfect again."

    If you're lost for some reason, my forumers' exclusive VIP password is StarboardFTW. Some guy thought this was still the Growtopia forums, so I'll still put this here.

  5. #5
    Master Sorcerer ianCSzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    3,298

    Default

    If you want to search for an online psychiatrist, I'd suggest not asking for one in a game forum.

    (Not because it's bad, but because it's very unlikely.)
    IGN : Lavaloid

  6. #6
    Master Sorcerer ElectroDream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    8,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ianCSzz View Post
    If you want to search for an online psychiatrist, I'd suggest not asking for one in a game forum.

    (Not because it's bad, but because it's very unlikely.)
    This is the only forum I'm on, soooo yeaaaah. It's very likely that someone has had been in this phase I'm in and had a psychiatrist online. That's what I thought at least.
    "Trust is like a paper, once it's crumpled, it can't be perfect again."

    If you're lost for some reason, my forumers' exclusive VIP password is StarboardFTW. Some guy thought this was still the Growtopia forums, so I'll still put this here.

  7. #7
    Master Sorcerer
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    792

    Default

    You can PM me if you want.
    IGN - RudolphPlays

    Left GT, Still active on forums!

    My free drawings

    Goals:

    Get 1 DL [Done]
    Get 2000 ATMs [Not done]
    Get famous [Not done]

    #SingleLifeFTW

  8. #8
    Master Sorcerer
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    10,864

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ElectroDream View Post
    You're too childish for this.
    I'm sorry.


  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    HI, Honolulu
    Posts
    1,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ElectroDream View Post
    I kinda need them, because I'm thinking of something that'd supposedly change my entire life but I can't go to IRL counsellors...

    Leave the link below or if you happen to be a psychiatrist, that's great.
    I can try to counsel you if you want. I mean I never actual really done counseling before, but i'de like to try.

  10. #10
    Master Sorcerer Tempting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    ...
    Posts
    3,706

    Default

    I'm no counselor, but I do know how people tend to think. Feel free to message me if you want.

    I once had a friend that was a bit um... 'unhappy', so I tried consoling them for quite a while, and I think that that person is fine now, so I guess that counts as experience.

    "Youth is simply an illusion created by hypocrites, for hypocrites are born from the ashes of past failures."

    Please don't put me in a fanfiction.

  11. #11
    Master Sorcerer
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    this is my plea plslls eradicate my existence before i take yours
    Posts
    4,233

    Default

    Heh. Don't even bother. You can't just counsel someone out of a whim so considering that most of the people here who claim could "counsel" your major life-changing whatnot wouldn't be the best option. Studying real psychology means taking the whole class itself, not just being a wise individual in general.

    As peck said, go to an IRL counsellor not affiliated with you whatsoever. So it doesn't affect you in anyway. Or read a blog pertaining your question online. (One that seems sensible, of course.)

    Btw, mind if I ask what you're planning?
    the one and only pineapple you grew up with and loved
    Ign: iHans/Hansie

  12. #12
    Master Sorcerer WhiteLegend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    1,203

    Default

    I have done extensive research on human psychology so I might be able to help depending on your problem.

    Tell me the problem first so I can know if I would be able to help.


  13. #13
    Master Sorcerer Star Wars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    FLORIDA
    Posts
    752

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ElectroDream View Post
    I kinda need them, because I'm thinking of something that'd supposedly change my entire life but I can't go to IRL counsellors...

    Leave the link below or if you happen to be a psychiatrist, that's great.
    Metalwire is a good one to talk to.

  14. #14
    Lesser Wizard Josh289's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    The chilly state of Wisconsin.
    Posts
    477

    Default

    I would be delighted to help you with anything you need. I have developed a strong admiration for helping and giving people advice and I do know quite a bit based on my personal life experiences. Whatever you need assistance with I will keep it private between us.
    "Trust takes years to build, seconds to break and forever to repair"
    "Sometimes the right path isn't the easiest one"

    I love to help out and I am here to give you advice and lend the occasional helping hand. If you need help with anything in particular message me. I am commonly busy farming, but you can definitely contact me if your needs are urgent. Thanks.


    Growtopia Username: Lewius

  15. #15
    Master Sorcerer JOSHIE63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    4,442

    Default

    The zealots wanting to help: it has already been clarified that this is a dire issue. To give advice, perhaps the wrong advice, is detrimental, which is actually counterproductive. Think about that.

    I would look for one in your area. Online counseling just does not have the same effect as talking to one. Also, as aforementioned, ignore the good-intentions forumers have wishing to consult with you. That may put you in a more nebulous area than you were beforehand; god forbid they actually broach the wrong choice.
    MUMBLE

  16. #16
    Master Sorcerer craft3d's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Saskatchewan
    Posts
    2,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JOSHIE63 View Post
    The zealots wanting to help: it has already been clarified that this is a dire issue. To give advice, perhaps the wrong advice, is detrimental, which is actually counterproductive. Think about that.

    I would look for one in your area. Online counseling just does not have the same effect as talking to one. Also, as aforementioned, ignore the good-intentions forumers have wishing to consult with you. That may put you in a more nebulous area than you were beforehand; god forbid they actually broach the wrong choice.
    What you, peck, and Hans have said have basically summed up what should be taken into action. Just because you might have some wittiness and profound "philosophic" intentions, doesn't mean you can be an advisor for someone's life situation. As JOSHIE mentioned, it can seriously affect an individual if treated wrongly, and their influence can perceive the wrong attitude or ideals towards certain scenarios. Don't expect us to have the answers, although the utmost we could do is provide a few links for you after our little bloc does a bit of searching to see. However, internet counselors can be fraudulent, scammers, or just plain out malicious or fallacious with the complete wrong precautions to treat it rightly. I don't mean any of the forumers are stupid or idiotic, just not having the frame of mind or mentality that exists in counselors; and don't try to detest the fact that you could be better, because counselors are TRAINED PROFESSIONALS that have a clue and an idea of what to expect when they deal with these issues.

    Don't try it, any of you, although you're probably much too mutinous and reluctant to actually pay any attention to my cautions, not wanting to become an insubordinate.

  17. #17
    Master Sorcerer
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    this is my plea plslls eradicate my existence before i take yours
    Posts
    4,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by craft3d View Post
    What you, peck, and Hans have said have basically summed up what should be taken into action. Just because you might have some wittiness and profound "philosophic" intentions, doesn't mean you can be an advisor for someone's life situation. As JOSHIE mentioned, it can seriously affect an individual if treated wrongly, and their influence can perceive the wrong attitude or ideals towards certain scenarios. Don't expect us to have the answers, although the utmost we could do is provide a few links for you after our little bloc does a bit of searching to see. However, internet counselors can be fraudulent, scammers, or just plain out malicious or fallacious with the complete wrong precautions to treat it rightly. I don't mean any of the forumers are stupid or idiotic, just not having the frame of mind or mentality that exists in counselors; and don't try to detest the fact that you could be better, because counselors are TRAINED PROFESSIONALS that have a clue and an idea of what to expect when they deal with these issues.

    Don't try it, any of you, although you're probably much too mutinous and reluctant to actually pay any attention to my cautions, not wanting to become an insubordinate.
    Afflicting ideals and morals are definitely dogmatic. Counselling means accountability, and any 15 year-old below would not have such a profound basis as they are too busy fixing their ego for being a "wise individual". If I were my old enthusiactic self, I would have claimed position for counselling as it affects the person's perspective and I would use this to my advantage so the person would see me right or factual in the said context.

    As you said, counselors are experienced through the basic and advanced encounters any typical cynic, optimist and pessimist would question themselves to satisfy their ideals. It is almost pathetic that some people here actually claim to be "experienced" but when you look at their history, it may be compared to a dying duck.

    I tell you, it is more of a predetermined course of action.
    the one and only pineapple you grew up with and loved
    Ign: iHans/Hansie

  18. #18
    Master Sorcerer CandleJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ElectroDream View Post
    I kinda need them, because I'm thinking of something that'd supposedly change my entire life but I can't go to IRL counsellors...

    Leave the link below or if you happen to be a psychiatrist, that's great.
    If this is a serious case then talk to your parents as much as possible.

    http://www.7cups.com (I've personally used this site).
    You can find "mature" and aged people who'll listen and will give you pieces of advice.
    (^ They won't really solve your problems though you'll have a bit of help)

    Or locate the nearest "professional" therapist for you.

    P.S. (online or not) therapy isn't free.
    IGN: CandleJack
    Twitter: ItsCandleJack

    > Check My Threads Out: <

    Quote Originally Posted by A Friendly Reminder
    "We don't have the privilege to start drama anymore"

  19. #19
    Lesser Wizard KingHair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Neverland
    Posts
    160

    Default

    hey man, there is a free app on the AppStore called 7cups. I've used that for years. I use it the 2 days I don't have counciling . I have 5 days every week. it gets better.
    Have a great day guys!

    GOALS!
    1. Get 20 DLS: (23/20)
    2. Make my trade world MyTrade famous. (0/1)
    3. Road to Focus eyes! (9/100)
    4. Get Autumn wings! (0/1)
    5. Become a well known member of forums and help! (0/1)





  20. #20
    Master Sorcerer imustachyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Somewhere where I don't have to farm
    Posts
    1,242

    Default

    Perhaps a school counselor? I think ones in real life are better than ones on the internet

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •