Thread: Super Smash Bros Melee

Default Super Smash Bros Melee

Does anyone besides me watch the competitive scene of Melee? Me and my friends have 'Videogame Club' (We only play Smash Bros) every Friday, and my friend Chris brings in Melee, and we take it so seriously. There's usually a lot of screaming, and people calling each other salty, and I was wondering if anyone else enjoys this game as much as me and my friends do. Here's a video clip from a recent tournament (Get On My Level 2016).

(Skip to 1:43)

Melee is really fast-paced, and even if you don't like it right now, then I'd recommend watching some tournament matches.

"Youth is simply an illusion created by hypocrites, for hypocrites are born from the ashes of past failures."

Please don't put me in a fanfiction.

Master Sorcerer

On anthers ladder im top 50 in texas
    Friends from other highschools would invite me to their schoolwide melee tourney and we'd split the money after we won.

I often goto weekly at downtown austin.

Highschool melee were some of the best days of my life

Quote Originally Posted by peck View Post
    On anthers ladder im top 50 in texas
    Friends from other highschools would invite me to their schoolwide melee tourney and we'd split the money after we won.

I often goto weekly at downtown austin.

Highschool melee were some of the best days of my life
    My club for Smash Bros at the school was only created because around 20-30 signed a petition to make it, so when we go to the highschool next year, we're all going to raid the videogame club with melee. Hopefully they have tournaments like your school.

"Youth is simply an illusion created by hypocrites, for hypocrites are born from the ashes of past failures."

Sometimes I play a match or two with my friends before school on Smash 4 on the 3ds.

Everyone is a lot worse than me except for one guy. We're pretty evenly matched.

Oh, but there was one other guy who I fought one time. He beat me. He moved halfway through the year though. I wish I could've fought him more, I bet I could've beaten him if I kept practicing.

I'm not competitive because I'm not good enough to be competitive. I play Wii Fit because I'm an idiot. I'm also not competitive enough to care if I'm playing Melee, Brawl, or Smash 4.

Melee is simply the best game that has ever been created. Sometimes I wish SM4SH had more technical skill. My friends and I play SSBB on our high school's Wii, and It's awesome. I also watch melee tournaments for fun, it's very interesting to watch.

Look up Melee Hell, you'll be greatly satisfied.
    lol m2k

Please watch this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhsOW-_TwfU

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Tempting View Post
    My club for Smash Bros at the school was only created because around 20-30 signed a petition to make it, so when we go to the highschool next year, we're all going to raid the videogame club with melee. Hopefully they have tournaments like your school.
    We just had an awesome history teacher that liked video games to sponsor it so the school would let him use any room of his choice.

1. get a cool sponsor
    2. have it setup like this for no trouble
    use this bracket generator on double elimination http://challonge.com/
    have $10 entry per person, order lots of pizza and soda, then with the remaining money you split it with winners.
    3. put posters around schools and schools around it
    4. If you get 80+ people you can get the attention of dell/alienware and theyl sponser the game for increased rewards. (I won a gtx680 and $120 in cash before *bragging*)

My wish is esport teams for schools and have school vs school competitions. Wouldve been amazing

Anyway, my favorite match would be wes vs leffen because their matches are fueled entirely by hate and disrespect and it shows. https://youtu.be/8C24GW5w-JU
    Last edited by peck; 06-09-2016 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by peck View Post
    We just had an awesome history teacher that liked video games to sponsor it so the school would let him use any room of his choice.

1. get a cool sponsor
    2. have it setup like this for no trouble
    use this bracket generator on double elimination http://challonge.com/
    have $10 entry per person, order lots of pizza and soda, then with the remaining money you split it with winners.
    3. put posters around schools and schools around it
    4. If you get 80+ people you can get the attention of dell/alienware and theyl sponser the game for increased rewards. (I won a gtx680 and $120 in cash before *bragging*)

My wish is esport teams for schools and have school vs school competitions. Wouldve been amazing

Anyway, my favorite match would be wes vs leffen because their matches are fueled entirely by hate and disrespect and it shows. https://youtu.be/8C24GW5w-JU
    A few questions.
    1. How would we get/find a sponsor?
    2. How did you find a time to host the tournament?
    3. I think it would only be people in my school, and it would maybe be 16 people betting $5.00 each or maybe less, so would I need a sponsor then? Or just someone to supervise the tournament?

I think it's a pretty good idea though, and I hope I'll be able to do it in highschool next year.

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Tempting View Post
    A few questions.
    1. How would we get/find a sponsor?
    2. How did you find a time to host the tournament?
    3. I think it would only be people in my school, and it would maybe be 16 people betting $5.00 each or maybe less, so would I need a sponsor then? Or just someone to supervise the tournament?

I think it's a pretty good idea though, and I hope I'll be able to do it in highschool next year.
    1. Hopefully you have at least 1 teacher that plays video games, just ask them if they could sponser and they could in touch with the principle and such
    2. Fridays after school, one at the end of winter, and one at the end of summer before school ends
    3. Just need a supervisor. At my school, lots of people came with $10 entry fee, but only about 10% played it competitively, most just paid entry to play for fun, eat pizza, and socialize.

I love Melee with a burning passion