Thread: Losing Games On Purpose

Default Losing Games On Purpose

I think some clarification is in order regarding the rule Do not lose games on purpose. I realize the players that need to read this probably don't visit the forums, but here it goes:

Losing on Purpose

It's not just sitting inactive in games.
    It's not just driving around and not shooting.
    It's not just obstructing your team and helping enemy tanks.

I consider a player who consistently dies ~4-5+ times per kill they make to also be losing on purpose.

Most of these players are using panzers. It may be fun to race around the maps, but it ruins the team games, for both the winners and losers.

Enough is enough. If I warn you to change tanks, listen. M3 is a much better tank for nearly every game except crate king. Panzers are only good in the hands of advanced players or large 8-player games.

Scoring 1/10 (kills/deaths) isn't going to result in any consequences, as long as you are trying, and willing to listen to advice from your team mates (change tank, hide in outer loop, or team up with another tank). But scoring 2/9, 1/7, 0/5, 3/11, 2/10, etc all in a row, especially for not-so-new players, will require action, including and up to short term bans. The game has to be fair for everybody.

P.S. This isn't new policy, it just hasn't been enforced very much recently and we have a lot of newer players.

Agreed. Some players can manage this tank; however, as unskilled as I am with it, I am cognizant ebough to know driving to the center of the map and ramming the enemy is not the correct strategy.

It is sad to see when I get well into pink (apparently I am told my cp does not represent my skill), I immediately drop a few hundred because of these players.
    MUMBLE

Panzers are great. Love, don't hate.

K than you can ban these guys: (New ones not from my old rant)
    Name:  IMG_1085.PNG
Views: 118
Size:  3.04 MBName:  IMG_1088.PNG
Views: 116
Size:  1.92 MBName:  IMG_1092.PNG
Views: 114
Size:  1.52 MBName:  IMG_1093.PNG
Views: 115
Size:  3.49 MBName:  IMG_1094.PNG
Views: 116
Size:  3.32 MBName:  IMG_1095.PNG
Views: 117
Size:  2.75 MBName:  IMG_1096.PNG
Views: 104
Size:  3.19 MBName:  IMG_1099.PNG
Views: 101
Size:  2.43 MBName:  IMG_1100.PNG
Views: 100
Size:  3.11 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    I think some clarification is in order regarding the rule Do not lose games on purpose. I realize the players that need to read this probably don't visit the forums, but here it goes:

Losing on Purpose

I consider a player who consistently dies ~4-5+ times per kill they make to also be losing on purpose.

Most of these players are using panzers. It may be fun to race around the maps, but it ruins the team games, for both the winners and losers.

Enough is enough. If I warn you to change tanks, listen. M3 is a much better tank for nearly every game except crate king. Panzers are only good in the hands of advanced players or large 8-player games.

Scoring 1/10 (kills/deaths) isn't going to result in any consequences, as long as you are trying, and willing to listen to advice from your team mates (change tank, hide in outer loop, or team up with another tank). But scoring 2/9, 1/7, 0/5, 3/11, 2/10, etc all in a row, especially for not-so-new players, will require action, including and up to short term bans. The game has to be fair for everybody.

P.S. This isn't new policy, it just hasn't been enforced very much recently and we have a lot of newer players.
    Go here
    http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/member.php?91961-playerde

Make my main the most visited banned person!!! PLz

There is a difference between intentionally losing and just being terrible at the game.
    MUMBLE

Quote Originally Posted by JOSHIE63 View Post
    There is a difference between intentionally losing and just being terrible at the game.
    This was Juniors post
    Losing on Purpose

Go here

Quote Originally Posted by Playerdereclaim View Post
    This was Juniors post
    Losing on Purpose

Yo fam i feel you but like those ppl don't use forums so hahaha

This was Juniors post
    Losing on Purpose

Think of it this way: most players below laser cannot perfect their first shot to tie, much less to evade. In circumstance, I use a skull; with a skull — say in 2v2 — if I am placed up against a teal with a poor first shot,

a) The teal will lose while inflicting damage.
    b) Someone else will take the kill that the teal started, thus rendering the teal's practicality on the team underestimated.

I am advocating for respect for players that have held me back. I have lost thousands of points at the hands of unskilled players, but they still deserve to play.
    MUMBLE

Quote Originally Posted by JOSHIE63 View Post
    Think of it this way: most players below laser cannot perfect their first shot to tie, much less to evade. In circumstance, I use a skull; with a skull — say in 2v2 — if I am placed up against a teal with a poor first shot,

a) The teal will lose while inflicting damage.
    b) Someone else will take the kill that the teal started, thus rendering the teal's practicality on the team underestimated.

I am advocating for respect for players that have held me back. I have lost thousands of points at the hands of unskilled players, but they still deserve to play.
    Now look at it from the perspective of someone that is somewhat highly ranked:
    You are doing most of the work will trying to counteract your teammates horrible KDR. When the match is over and you lose the game the teammate walk away with a slap on the wrist, say about 25 cp. But you, oh no way not 25, you lose minimum 87 due to your team who can't play. I do have sympathy for those who go maybe one ro two games with a negative kdr with 1 OR 2 deaths. But once you pass 4 deaths per a kill, you should endure a punishment (ban).
    Go here

Now look at it from the perspective of someone that is somewhat highly ranked:
    You are doing most of the work will trying to counteract your teammates horrible KDR. When the match is over and you lose the game the teammate walk away with a slap on the wrist, say about 25 cp. But you, oh no way not 25, you lose minimum 87 due to your team who can't play. I do have sympathy for those who go maybe one ro two games with a negative kdr with 1 OR 2 deaths. But once you pass 4 deaths per a kill, you should endure a punishment (ban).
    They'll come back after the ban and do the same thing, cough cough. If they do come back, hence lack of players

Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post

Losing on Purpose

lol I love playing with panzer but I'm good so I'm a exception!!!
    The One and Only Legend SKULL!

Quote Originally Posted by skullking View Post
    lol I love playing with panzer but I'm good so I'm a exception!!!
    I haven't seen u in years

Quote Originally Posted by KittenMH View Post
    I haven't seen u in years
    doesnt mean im bad with panzer... u saw me lol
    The One and Only Legend SKULL!