Thread: my favorite album drops 2016 (so far)

Master Sorcerer

Default my favorite album drops 2016 (so far)

Young Thug's eccentric end to the Slime Season trilogy, Slime Season 3.

21 Savage's collaborative effort with Metro Boomin on Savage Mode, following 2015 mixtape Slaughter King. 21's signature deadpan flows and carelessly evil lyrics shine here, backed by production just as sinister from Metro.

Young Thug's reluctant crossover and namechecking of inspirations on JEFFERY.

PARTYNEXTDOOR's brand of shadowy R&B takes a new turn on PARTYNEXTDOOR 3.

Roy Woods proves himself more than a one trick pony with a follow-up to Exis; Waking at Dawn.

Bones has been putting mixtapes out, too. They're hard to keep track of.

Future's EVOL from February, and Project Esco Terrestrial from June. Purple Reign was released in February, too.

Travis Scott's Birds In The Trap Sing Mcknight finds the budding star being renegaded by the featured artists he recruited. From Andre 3000 to 21 Savage, and The Weeknd on the single we were given earlier in the year.

ScHoolboy Q's album Blank Face LP, a fitting and powerful answer to his 2014 record; Oxymoron.

I liked Views, but I felt like Drake lost his direction again. It's like he went backwards from the loud and proud raps of If You're Reading This It's Too Late and decided he'd be better off trying to make a sequel to Nothing Was The Same. The dancehall sound on a couple of album standouts, Too Good and Controlla, is thanks to PARTYNEXTDOOR's Jamaican heritage.

Logic's "mixtape" released before his third studio album, Bobby Tarantino. Still waiting on his album, but the trap heavy sounds on this record are a good place of experimentation for Logic.

A$AP Ferg's Always Strive and Prosper was a bit of a misfire compared to his debut, Trap Lord. He loses the cohesiveness and sound that held that first album together, and gave him a personality on the microphone.

I'm waiting on projects from Childish Gambino, The Weeknd, Xavier Wulf, and a few more.

Roy Wood's "Gwan Big Up Urself" is probably one of my favorites
    Somewhere...

Allies or no allies?

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Megazork View Post
    Roy Wood's "Gwan Big Up Urself" is probably one of my favorites
    My favorite off of Waking at Dawn is "Why".

Oh, I posted this thread here because I didn't know about the move. I reposted it in the "Everything Else" forum over on growtopiagame. Go look at that one.

EDIT - No, it isn't in Everything Else. It's in Growtopia Tavern, I ain't hip enough to remember.

Quote Originally Posted by RudyBan View Post
    My favorite off of Waking at Dawn is "Why".

Oh, I posted this thread here because I didn't know about the move. I reposted it in the "Everything Else" forum over on growtopiagame. Go look at that one.

EDIT - No, it isn't in Everything Else. It's in Growtopia Tavern, I ain't hip enough to remember.
    I'm banned there, Rudy. Lol
    Somewhere...

Allies or no allies?