Thread: Life is literally a waste of time

Default Life is literally a waste of time

Why? Why do we force ourselves to go through with it? Why do we delay the inevitable? It is bound to happen so why do we do our best to prevent our death? "Don't eat too much food, you'll get fat and die." Mate, I'm going to die anyway so I'll go out however I choose.

I'm not depressed or anything, but literally, why? I mean, the only thing that is good about life is never knowing what the next set of memes will be. Everything else about life is a repetitive, series of unfortunate events. All people do is find ways to disappoint you. "Hey, let's move away from where you have spent your entire life growing up to a different place in the country that you have literally never visited because it makes me happy even if you're going to be a depressed little brat that will make my life living hell and I'll simply keep asking you to get over yourself because I cannot fathom the fact that it is me that made you upset and depressed because I'll never do something like that because children are supposed to love everything their parents tell them to do. I know you're leaving all your friends and your sister but I don't care, haha lmao."

-fin-
    CRACK OPEN A COLD ONE WITH YA BOY, MIKE HOMMEL!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty Machine View Post
    bleach is buy one get one free.
    man I never said I was depressed and wanted to kill myself or anything but I shall keep that in mind for when the need arises.

I have not quite felt this myself, but the only aphorism I can lend is that one has to stick through it to reach the end.
    MUMBLE

Quote Originally Posted by JOSHIE63 View Post
    I have not quite felt this myself, but the only aphorism I can lend is that one has to stick through it to reach the end.
    Like put a stick through their heart?

Master Sorcerer

If your objective in life is to "survive", then yes. It is a waste of time as its inevitable that you're going to die.

Assign it meaning, as cheesy as it is, life really is only what you make it.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) may want to look behind you and start running...

Quote Originally Posted by GummiBear64 View Post
    Like put a stick through their heart?
    No, he meant put a stick in an outlet.
    Ign: Hippohello

dank quotes

5/7/2016: the worst account hacking by far.

We're all just a watse of Carbon, Oxygen, Hydrogen, Nitrogen, and Calcium, among other things.
    However, emotions make us strong. Try and use those effectively, and perhaps you can find your own reason for living. We all have our own.
    Joshie-Senpai please notice me.

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by AGE View Post
    We're all just a watse of Carbon, Oxygen, Hydrogen, Nitrogen, and Calcium, among other things.
    Speaking as if Carbon, Oxygen, Hydrogen, Nitrogen, Calcium, and other things have any value in itself when implied that they're a waste when put together.

Master Sorcerer

Yay, an actual interesting topic, you da mane gummi.

In the since of living to survive, you are correct in saying that living is a waste of time, but we as a species have evolved passed the point to simply just surviving, even so passed the point of living comfortably, to the extent that existinal crisis' are an actual common dilemma amongst us.

Since for pretty much the entirety of our existence on earth was simply to survive, once that problem was solved, we are faced with another problem- why?

Why survive? What's our purpose?

Pretty much, there is no purpose, all that we do and all the accomplishments we meet will disappear along with our race one day.

With that said, yes, you could go the route of "Gonna die anyways, so who cares", and proceed to fill your head with negitiviy, stomach with calories, lungs with smoke, and mouth with hatred- and theres nothing wrong with that.

Or you could use that as a reason to live the life that you want to live, to say the things you want to say, to be the person you want to be, to believe that your life is worth preserving and protecting.

Tldr; The question leaves you with a journey of which to find your answer, but the answer will leave you to choose how to perceive it.

-ya boi
    "My eyes see everything I want them to I just don't want them to see you."

Master Sorcerer

why watch the full length of a movie when it's going to end anyway
    Reality flickers as you begin to wake up.

LemonJews

Growtopia Meme Page Owner:
    @freshlemonjews

Growtopia Wikia Bureaucrat

Quote Originally Posted by IAmABrodie View Post
    Yay, an actual interesting topic, you da mane gummi.

In the since of living to survive, you are correct in saying that living is a waste of time, but we as a species have evolved passed the point to simply just surviving, even so passed the point of living comfortably, to the extent that existinal crisis' are an actual common dilemma amongst us.

Since for pretty much the entirety of our existence on earth was simply to survive, once that problem was solved, we are faced with another problem- why?

Why survive? What's our purpose?

Pretty much, there is no purpose, all that we do and all the accomplishments we meet will disappear along with our race one day.

With that said, yes, you could go the route of "Gonna die anyways, so who cares", and proceed to fill your head with negitiviy, stomach with calories, lungs with smoke, and mouth with hatred- and theres nothing wrong with that.

Or you could use that as a reason to live the life that you want to live, to say the things you want to say, to be the person you want to be, to believe that your life is worth preserving and protecting.

Tldr; The question leaves you with a journey of which to find your answer, but the answer will leave you to choose how to perceive it.

-ya boi
    I love how my depressing thread has been enough to bring back the legend that is Brodie.

I do agree with everything and this thread was made when I had reached the pinnacle of my depression and was unable to contain it but right now, I should be fine and am no longer thinking life is a waste of time.

How can mirrors be real if our eyes aren't real?
    Somewhere...

Allies or no allies?

Quote Originally Posted by Megazork View Post
    How can mirrors be real if our eyes aren't real?
    Because we are running out of gravity and the Earth is flat.
    [COLOR=Kranken][/COLOR]

Click on the spoiler to show how many damn's I got. By clicking there, you'll give me a damn.

Get free levels in GETFREELEVELS.

You had to invite the existential Nihilists, didn't you?

Anyway, life in general is, as peck said, what you make it. The only meaning is what you assign to it; whether that means Hedonism, Nihilism, religious zealotry—maybe you're an Absurdist—life is really only what you make of it.
    "It vexes me how veracious discussion actually devolved into what literally is nocuous as a brainwashed drove of cattle spamming the only two words in their vocabulary: forum game." - JOSHIE63, 2017

↓↓↓
    IGN:TheLuigi
    ↑↑↑