Thread: Patch: Broken 3D example(s)

Default Patch: Broken 3D example(s)

The Object3D example will not compile in Linux, as some of the Collada files try to #include "precomp.h", which is not in their directory; I have not tested the other Collada-using examples but expect them to also be affected.

Copying precomp.h from Object3D/Sources to Clan3D/Collada fixes the problem.

$ make
    g++ -I./ -ICollada `pkg-config --cflags clanApp-2.2 clanDisplay-2.2 clanCore-2.2 clanGL1-2.2` -pthread -c Sources/example.cpp -o Sources/example.o
    g++ -I./ -ICollada `pkg-config --cflags clanApp-2.2 clanDisplay-2.2 clanCore-2.2 clanGL1-2.2` -pthread -c Sources/program.cpp -o Sources/program.o
    g++ -I./ -ICollada `pkg-config --cflags clanApp-2.2 clanDisplay-2.2 clanCore-2.2 clanGL1-2.2` -pthread -c Sources/precomp.cpp -o Sources/precomp.o
    g++ -I./ -ICollada `pkg-config --cflags clanApp-2.2 clanDisplay-2.2 clanCore-2.2 clanGL1-2.2` -pthread -c ../Clan3D/Collada/collada_effect_float_param.cpp -o ../Clan3D/Collada/collada_effect_float_param.o
    ../Clan3D/Collada/collada_effect_float_param.cpp:29:21: error: precomp.h: No such file or directory
    In file included from ../Clan3D/Collada/collada_effect_float_param.cpp:30:
    ../Clan3D/Collada/collada_effect_float_param.h:38: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘&’ token
    ../Clan3D/Collada/collada_effect_float_param.h:47: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘CL_SharedPtr’ with no type
    ../Clan3D/Collada/collada_effect_float_param.h:47: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘<’ token
    ../Clan3D/Collada/collada_effect_float_param.cpp:44: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘&’ token
    ../Clan3D/Collada/collada_effect_float_param.cpp: In member function ‘float CL_Collada_Effect_FloatParam::get_float()’:
    ../Clan3D/Collada/collada_effect_float_param.cpp:61: error: ‘impl’ was not declared in this scope
    ../Clan3D/Collada/collada_effect_float_param.cpp: In member function ‘bool CL_Collada_Effect_FloatParam::is_null()’:
    ../Clan3D/Collada/collada_effect_float_param.cpp:66: error: ‘impl’ was not declared in this scope
    make: *** [../Clan3D/Collada/collada_effect_float_param.o] Error 1

ClanLib Developer

I do not know how that one slipped the net!

Object3D should be the only example that has the error.

The problem is the Object3D makefile:

incorrect: CXXFLAGS += -I./ -ICollada
    correct: CXXFLAGS += -I./ -I../../Object3D/Collada

(Your fix is better, but I don't know if it will work with the Visual Studio precompiler on Windows)

Quote Originally Posted by rombust View Post
    correct: CXXFLAGS += -I./ -I../../Object3D/Collada
    That doesn't work; what does (at least in Linux) is
    CXXFLAGS += -ISources

(The -ICollada isn't needed, and appears to point to a directory that doesn't exist: Collada is now under Clan3D, not Object3D.)

The other Collada-using examples already have this, and BumpMapping (I haven't tested the others) compiles successfully.

Not to resurrect a dead thread but there are several problems that appear when trying to compile several examples (most notably DiceWars) on both the 2.2.3 and I think 2.2.1. The complier is upset about undefined functions (atof, atoi) which I recognize as belonging to stdlib.h when I add the include by hand to the files where this is a problem it then compiles cleanly. All these files that needed the header were found within collada.

ClanLib Developer

That doesn't surprise me.

GCC complains about the stdlib header not being included, whilst visual studio does not care.

GCC used to include it by default (or some other include, included it) some years ago, but not any more

It is very annoying.

ClanLib welcomes patches

ClanLib Developer

Fixed Dicewar example in SVN. The other examples appear to compile with gcc 4.5.1