Thread: Problem installing ClanLib

Serf

Default Problem installing ClanLib

Hi!

I'm trying to build ClanLib 2.2.5 on Linux Mint, but when I run the configure script, in the end it shows that it won't install clanGL nor clanGL1. I followed the guide that's on the wiki, installed all the dependencies and yet it can't configure everything. The configure script shows:

Code:
    Checking for clanGL stuff
    ==============================
    checking for GL... no
    configure: WARNING:  *** Cannot find GL. Disabling clanGL
    So in the end it shows:

Code:
    The following modules will be built:

clanGL = no
                         clanGL1 = no
                         clanApp = yes
    I'd like to know if I'm missing a dependency. I installed everything that appears on the install guide: http://clanlib.org/wiki/MainDocs:GNU_C%2B%2B_on_Linux

Can anyone tell me what am I doing wrong? I'd really appreciate any help. Thanks.

ClanLib Developer

It sounds like you are missing the OpenGL development headers for some reason.

Check the ./configure log file (I can't remember it's name, but it's placed in the same directory as ./configure)

It may give a bit more of a clue what's wrong.

Try reinstalling the graphics card driver. A quick google, suggests linux mint needs a compatibility fix to install nvidia card driver ( http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopi...23556&start=20 )

Serf

Default Thanks

Thanks for your advice (how did you know that I was using an NVIDIA graphic card? ).

I looked on the include files on my pc and the OpenGL headers where already there, but a closer look to them made me realize that those weren't the headers of the NVIDIA driver that I had installed. Those were the headers of the mesa driver. So I had to google for the OpenGL headers for my NVIDIA driver.

After a little search, I found that the official NVIDIA driver installer, since version 260.19.12, doesn't install OpenGL, VDPAU, CUDA and OpenCL headers (http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux-d...12-driver.html) and I was installing the 260.19.21 version. But there's a way around to this. When installing the driver, type:

Code:
    sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86-(driver_version).run --opengl-headers
    I reinstalled the driver and now, after executing the configure script, it shows that clanGL will be installed

Thanks for the help. Is there any way for you to put this on the Wiki for the Linux installation of ClanLib? It would be good for other people who try to install ClanLib using NVIDIA graphic cards.

ClanLib Developer

humm

Stopped installing OpenGL, VDPAU, CUDA, and OpenCL header files with the driver
    Note that http://www.opengl.org/registry/ does not presently provide gl.h or glx.h. Until that is resolved, NVIDIA's OpenGL " header files can still be chosen, through the “--opengl-headers” installer option.
    I guess I can see the logic in that. It is annoying though

I have not got time to edit the wiki at the moment. Remember anyone can edit the wiki