Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tanked - Comments, suggestions, news

Hey Seth! I just wanted to say thanks for spending your time and providing this game for all us tablet users!

I've definitely enjoyed it so far, you've definitely made it simple to pick up and play.

One random improvement that I thought of in the area of scoring-

How about tracking the win/loss ratio and the kill/death ratio and posting them by people's names on the leaderboard?
    Basically, in my opinion, the more random stats that we have, the better.

Oh, and Ash, you confused the heck out of me yesterday! Nice one lol.

-javan PU

Question what did i do javan?

Quote Originally Posted by javan View Post
    Hey Seth! I just wanted to say thanks for spending your time and providing this game for all us tablet users!

I've definitely enjoyed it so far, you've definitely made it simple to pick up and play.

One random improvement that I thought of in the area of scoring-

How about tracking the win/loss ratio and the kill/death ratio and posting them by people's names on the leaderboard?

Oh, and Ash, you confused the heck out of me yesterday! Nice one lol.

-javan PU
    Hey javan what i did yesterday to you?

Thanks for the kind comments! Hmm, maybe I should add a Tanked forum area, would be easier to gives suggestions/comment.

Good idea. Right now I am only tracking wins/losses, I should also track kills/deaths. I'll add this on the next database change!

Maybe I'll change "Wins" in the rankings to "WR" or something (win ratio?) Would be more interesting.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Default qpr

couple of questions
    what is the tavern about, just gambling your points yeah? bad but good lol
    liking the new maps, egypt is kinda manic
    couple of observations, the speed of the tanks seems faster in the new maps, maybe im imagining this.
    also, any way of making destroyed tanks disappear quicker? they can be good to hide behind, but also a big pain in the ass when you're in a face off or trying to move
    cheers

Default Love the Game

This is AWESOME game Seth!!! Cudos to your dev prowness.

Dude, you need to capatalize on the number of users that are adding this. Put in a general store and allow users to dress up their tanks and customize them or give users the ability to purchase extra shielding or weapons (like purchase a pack that would automatically start you off with 2 shields each spawn). Its a great game and you deserve to cap on it and with 50K plus users, you have a heck of a base! Love the fact that its avail for ios now. I'm about to get iphone..

Also, how about allowing users the ability to play one id from multiple platforms (like my touchpad and my iphone when I'm away). Probably have to work out a password thing or something to keep ppl in check.

Also, love the latest addition with private rooms. Can't wait to use this with some friends.

And to all you guys I've been playing recently, great games. I have to admit, its been fun playing some of the higher ranked players.. I've won some and lost some but its been fun..

Default itrazor

itrazor, im gonna smoke you

Very possibly, but I won't make it easy... I've played top 5 guys and gave them run for their money.. I am sooooooo adicted to this game its nuts.. I keep trying to get my wife to take the touchpad and hid it from me...

Good luck to all.

Default queens park rangers

yeah, true itrazor.
    im glad to have the touchpad just for this game, never was a gamer but this game is a killer, and it has so much more potential.
    go in the tavern though and spend a bit of money, it'll ruin ya lol.
    take care

Thanks for the comments guys.

About Tank speed - I didn't increase the top speed in the latest version, but I did increase acceleration/turn abilities a bit so yeah, they do handle better now.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Lesser Knight

Awesome work as always Seth!

The only thing I would suggest right now, is better lighting for the levels.
    I would recommend using gile[s] for lightmap + ambient occlusion rendering, because it's fast, efficient, easy to use, and the results are great.

Here's a pic

Unhappy

Agh I lost my alomost 2000 points in gamble... It's like never winning gamble ..

Default What's with the beagle?

Why is there a dog in a tank game? Does the beagle represent some IRL weapon? How does a player get more Beagles to use?

Thumbs down Maps

Well.
    As we all know the two new maps where kinda small.
    Try to move the turret at the start of the game
    and you can instantly shoot your opponents. lol
    but the map design was good.

ill wait for more high rollers... rather loosing my points to noobs. Lol
    i'll be gone for a while.
    good luck to y'all...

I would recommend using gile[s] for lightmap + ambient occlusion rendering, because it's fast, efficient, easy to use, and the results are great.
    Woah, that looks great. I'm using 3dsmax's raytraced shadow map baking, I think it can light levels pretty well but... What method are you using for the colored lighting

Why is there a dog in a tank game? Does the beagle represent some IRL weapon? How does a player get more Beagles to use?
    I'm doing this game alone so far, no artist ... so I'm re-using pieces of art I've had done for previous games. The beagle was originally created by my wife for Teenage Lawnmower, the texture is from our real dog, Deko-chan. Which power-ups you start with and pickup are currently completely random. (One guy could get all healths, another all beagles)

Name:  dogsit.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  76.7 KB

As we all know the two new maps where kinda small.
    iamdex: Yeah, these new maps would work better for 4 players I think, not eight. Need more big maps...
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Lesser Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Woah, that looks great. I'm using 3dsmax's raytraced shadow map baking, I think it can light levels pretty well but... What method are you using for the colored lighting
    As I said, I'm using a freeware lightmapper called gile[s].
    I use a target directional light(and set the range to infinite) for the sunlight, and for the colored lights I use the omni type, the color is simply set in the properties of the light vv
    And ofcourse I use one ambient light with infinite range and this color to avoid very dark black shadows.

Lightbulb What happens to speed of our tanks

I observed that the speed ofmy tank is less than it was a week before .... Increase the speed ... Without speed it's not good...

I observed that the speed ofmy tank is less than it was a week before .... Increase the speed ... Without speed it's not good...
    Strange, I haven't changed speed on this end.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Default bug reports

First, to comment on the report of being slower, I do not think the tanks are slower. Matter of fact, since you increased the size of the directional control, I am able to much better manuver and I seem to have plenty of speed. I've been able to totally circle people all the while firing (for those reading this, that is one of the best ways to take someone out with minimal damage if you can manage the controls).

Bug 1: Sometimes when I'm in Town map and I start just to the left of the big wall at the end of the map, I sometimes get stuck going forward. Only seems to be in that spot. I can't go forward but if I turn around and go back, I can then go forward with no issues. Not a big deal, just nussiance sometimes. I've never had it happen in any other map.

Bug 2: I've noticed that shields effectiveness seems to be delay for myself and sometimes the person using it. I can see their shield go up but I sometimes (not all the time, not sure if its due to latency or ?) can still inflect damage even when I see their shield up. This is especially effective for the dog bombs. I killed someone today even though I saw their shield come up, the dog still took them out. I've had the same thing happen to me where I see danger and I bring up shield but for some reason, I still get damage with shield up for a second afterwards. Seems to happen when players are in close quarters.

"Maybe" Bug 3: When launching dogs near objects, I can never understand if the object will interfer or not. Example, I launch one today when I was looking to the left of pyramid object and thought for sure I was clear and the dog seemed to be clear but still blew up as it came along side. It could be just that pyramid extends further than I saw and I just need to launch more outside objects. I've seem more of an issue in the pyramid map with this than anywhere else.

Enhancement Reqeust: What about practice games? Allow users to select they want to practice and then they are put into games where they practice with other players and get nor loose any points. This would work well with new players wanting to practice before they get pummeled by higher rated players. Also, would allow higher rated players to practice new strategies without loosing rating stance.

Enhancement request: Remove dead players quicker. Although I've used this to my advantage more than once, I think it hurts the newer players.

As stated before, I think this game ROCKS!. I've managed to break my addiction of playing for an hour straight but I still want to play every chance I get.

Let me know if I can ever help out with testing or anything.

Thanks for the bug reports and comments ltrazor.

A new version is about to go live, when it hits all 3 device types I will be switching on a new networking model - I think it will help with the shields problem, and some other things. (laggy players no longer can't be shot at..)

Still the problem with dogs exploding unexpectedly sometimes when you're next to a wall though, I'll improve that.

Enhancement Reqeust: What about practice games? Allow users to select they want to practice
    Hmm. It could be another checkbox on the connect screen but I'm really running out of room there on smaller phones (new version adds one, Team play) and it's getting ugly(er). Guess I need to re-think my user interface a bit.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Default Great addictive game!

Just wanted to let you know what a great game this is! I'm not a gamer and I find this game so
    addictive I'm spending hours a day on it. Great work!

Now some comments:

- any way to lock out of (or into) the VIP lobby vs typing /lobby each time? On a tablet, it
    gets tough bringing up the virtual keyboard each time to do this.

- What are all the map names (v1.05)? What about an enhancement to allow a player to
    lock into a given map (and of course, to return to cycle mode)?

- Sometimes the phone rings during the middle of a battle....what about an enhancement to
    'pause' ONLY at respawn (of course, you would not want a pause while being pulverized
    or that would be mis-used...I killed my wife while she was paused...hehehehe).

Thanks again for this awesome game!