Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tanked - Comments, suggestions, news

Lesser Wizard

Default request for the radar

Hi Seth,

what do you think about adding radar?

- any way to lock out of (or into) the VIP lobby vs typing /lobby each time? On a tablet, it
    gets tough bringing up the virtual keyboard each time to do this.
    Well, here's what is happening, once the server hits a certain "busy-ness" it turns on "auto VIP sorting" - this is done for a few reasons:

* Separating people into two groups stops the games from filling up and starting before you can even say anything or set the map
    * Everyone in the VIP room has at least 100 CP, so you won't win a game and get 1 point, better games as you're playing better people
    * New people don't get crushed horrible as much

Now, the current system needs some tweaks. I've just set it so it requires 26 VIP level players active online before turning on instead of 20. Now that team modes are on it's sort of throwing things out of whack as now we have 4 main "public" lobbies. (2 normal, 2 team) I'll probably need to set it up even higher.

The other problem is when VIP sorting mode turns on and off isn't obvious - it could turn off while 1 guy is in the VIP room waiting and he'll wonder why nobody else comes in. I will add a global message so it will be obvious when it goes on/off... and have the /stats command show the current state of it.

So bottom line is, the system will work better if people stay in the VIP room so I don't really want to make an easy way to opt out. (But I also don't want to force anybody..)

- What are all the map names (v1.05)? What about an enhancement to allow a player to
    lock into a given map (and of course, to return to cycle mode)?
    Typing just /map in the lobby will list all the available maps, and can be used to set the activate map. ( /map town or even /map t will set the town map, for instance)

- Sometimes the phone rings during the middle of a battle....what about an enhancement to
    'pause' ONLY at respawn (of course, you would not want a pause while being pulverized
    or that would be mis-used...I killed my wife while she was paused...hehehehe).
    Well, in a private game this (or even a real pause that any player could toggle) would be useful, but for the lobby games it could be used to cause problems. For instance, if someone spent 20 minutes on a phone call in a 1-1 game. I'm always thinking about the worst possible case for ruining games when I add features..

what do you think about adding radar?
    Funny you should ask - I've been thinking about adding a radar option as an in-app purchase add-on ($0.99 or something). I think it would be a good way to give game supporters a perk without ruining the game balance. (For instance, I want new weapons and maps to always be available to everyone, but a radar... hmm.. it might be perfect for IAP)
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

I noticed during a few matches at the Arena today in the center strip with the 2 powerup boxes that sometimes when you shoot a dog while you are in there it will blow up immediately even if there are no obstructions visible. I had it happen 2-3 times this morning.

I love the game so far though, trying to work my way back up the points board after deciding to gamble away 4800 points down to 0.

I've only tried team mode a few times, but it just isn't fun if you get teamed up with newbies. On a 15 point game I might score 9 and be in first or second place overall and still lose 100+ points since no one else was helping.

AJax - yeah, the dog spawning is a problem. The dogs spawn basically in the middle of your tank and if the side or back of your tank is too near a wall they instantly explore. Will fix..

About team mode - I'm going to start a new thread about it to reply
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Default I'd Buy That

Funny you should ask - I've been thinking about adding a radar option as an in-app purchase add-on ($0.99 or something). I think it would be a good way to give game supporters a perk without ruining the game balance. (For instance, I want new weapons and maps to always be available to everyone, but a radar... hmm.. it might be perfect for IAP)

Seth: I'd gladly pay for the radar!!!

Default NO RADAR!

Sometimes when you escape you can be tactful and trick the opponent. When you are on the offensive, you can also go from another direction behind the wall. A radar will reduce the tactfulness of the game, thereby leveling all the players and it will just be out of luck (which weapons you pick up).

Yeah, it is pretty much the best part of the game when you roll up behind someone, and watch them slowly realize what's happening as you release a dog from two inches away.

I'll have to think about this... could cripple it to only show friends (team games), but .. hrm.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Default my only gripe

Great game, great graphics...aside from skips occasionally I love the addictive nature of it.

But my only real gripe it getting launched into a game without launching. As I go into a room, I like to see what others ratings are before I play newer players and lose tons of points.

WHY HAVE A LAUNCH BUTTON IF YOU GET AUTO-LAUNCHED..

Thumbs up I love this game!

hi i am soccerfu currently number 4. this game is very fun so keep doing what you are doing Seth

Question more maps?

What about adding maps like a safari, night and what about a tournament game or something.

Thanks for the suggestions and comments, keep 'em coming. I haven't done much work on Tanked lately due to some pressing contract work obligations, but hope to get back to it...

But my only real gripe it getting launched into a game without launching. As I go into a room, I like to see what others ratings are before I play newer players and lose tons of points.
    Roughly it requires 75% of people to click launch, or the maximum players for the active map before it will launch. If I required everyone to click I think we'd run into a lot of "press launch already, you idiot!" type problems. Maybe I should change it so it doesn't auto-launch at max players? Or a 5 second count down? Hmm...
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Lightbulb more maps and people

what about adding big maps for up to 12 players or something. cause i would like bigger games with more people. Also after i come out of a 8 player game i end up getting launched back in really fast because there was 8 players that will come back and start the game in like 5 seconds.

Wink challenge

Hey Ajax I bet I can beat you to the first spot.

I'm sure you will lol. I've been having lots of problems with lag due to my ISP lately so I haven't even bothered playing.

The last few times I logged in last week I would either lose connection and 200 points, or be moving so slowly that I'd come in towards the bottom and lose 200 points. I just hate giving free points to a newbie white when they didn't earn them.

Angry I hate that

I hate that to. It gets them encouraged and then when I go against them and take them all back they get
    really mad.

Thumbs up good update

Hey Seth thanks for the server update it really helped. I like now that in a four player game I would be the only one who gets all the points. I also like if I get dropped it will keep my score, because usually when I get disconnected I have 3 to 4 kills already. Also I like the other one where as long as second is alone it will give you points. Not like the old problem:
    player-6 kills all the points
    me-4 to 5 kills no points
    player-1 kill
    player-1 kill
    Thanks for the fix.

Unhappy one problem

I was playing this morning when I saw that there was another soccerfu.Could you change it where no two people have the same username, because it gets very confusing when you play with someone with the same user but different color.

Exclamation HEY Ajax

great game today(10/08) Ajax huh. I took 100 points from you.

Yea, but then I won the next game and got a whole 9 points back!

Wow that's a lot of points. That really would be a lot of points to a newbie.